Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2009   #41
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sorry Texans...as much as you try to deny it or try to act like you're not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

If a fan pays a shitload of money for a ticket, they have every right to boo their ass off. Trust me, NOBODY ENJOYS going to a game and booing more than going to a game and watching their team win......that's just dumb.
based on the message board posts these past 3 weeks, there is a pattern of who posts, what they post, and how much they post.

my point is, if it's so terrible for these folks...just sell your tickets and stay home.

we all want improvement, but there is a segment who seems to really enjoy piling on more than others.
Old 09-27-2009   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sorry Texans...as much as you try to deny it or try to act like you're not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
based on the message board posts these past 3 weeks, there is a pattern of who posts, what they post, and how much they post.

my point is, if it's so terrible for these folks...just sell your tickets and stay home.

we all want improvement, but there is a segment who seems to really enjoy piling on more than others.
All long as they're buying tickets I don't care. I bet Jacksonville would gladly take about 35,000 bitchy fans right now. If things keep on going the way that they are, something worse might happen......those "bitchy fans" might actually stay home.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #43
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Soft? I don't think we are particularly soft - poorly coached? sometimes- poor draft/fa? I think so. Still not enough skilled players on defense - we need a good tackle, (actually, we need everyone to learn how to tackle), we certainly need a good secondary. I don't know how other coaches/GMs manage to get good players in a matter of a year or two - but Rick and Kubes need to check into that cuz what we are getting isn't working.

This great desire to have refined, intelligent defensive players may look great -but it is time for Plan B. We need some kind of 300 lb defender who lives for only two things - eat and hit people.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #44
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Winston need to turn to his team mates stay nose to nose with his team mates with "Let's go.......you and me...........right here.........right now!!!" In fact someone need to confront Kubiak, the coaches.......and even McNair with the same.
I am just not sure what to say. We all know we should be better, but are we?
Old 09-27-2009   #45
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure why I waste my time reading Carr Bobmbed frustrated posts each week, they all start and end pretty much the same.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Not sure why I waste my time reading Carr Bobmbed frustrated posts each week, they all start and end pretty much the same.
Much like Houston's games huh...you know, being embarrassed with god awful defensive play...and making mediocre offenses look all world while surrendering about a gazillion rushing yards on the ground and giving up about 30 points a game. Yeah, it makes me cover my eyes too.

I know, I even get tired of repeating myself as well....I'd love nothing more than to have something positive to talk about, but as long as our defense sucks as bad as it does and as long as we look soft as hell. Positive topics are going to be few and far between.

Here's a few positives from the game though....Kevin Walter looks like he picked up where he left off last season? Owen Daniels looks like he's going to set a new career high in TD receptions, Schaub looks like he's going to have a probowl year (don't know if he'll get voted in on this team though) buuuuuttt.........that's about it. Oh and Steve Slaton looked better.....now that's about all the positives.
Old 09-27-2009   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about "soft"...that's a perspective issue...but all I know is that I'm seeing a bunch of uninspired players playing unprepared on defense. Who/what/where the blame goes for that is up for debate, but the head coach needs to take charge of the situation soon if he wants to keep his job, IMO.
Old 09-27-2009   #48
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't know about "soft"...that's a perspective issue...but all I know is that I'm seeing a bunch of uninspired players playing unprepared on defense. Who/what/where the blame goes for that is up for debate, but the head coach needs to take charge of the situation soon if he wants to keep his job, IMO.
If you would've told me at the end of last season that our defense could actually get worse, I would've laughed in your face. Seriously did anybody ever think this defense could actaully get WORSE?

Frank Bush is making miss Richard Smith and that's extremely depressing.
Old 09-27-2009   #49
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans :P

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #50
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Two years ago, San Francisco had a worse defense than us. We were 24 and they were 25 in total defense and in points per game, they were 20 and we were 22. This year while we are almost dead last in both categories, San Fran is 7 in total yards and 4 in points per game. Don't tell me a tough coach can't make a ton of difference. San Fran does not have much more talent than us on defense yet their guys play with fire. What I would give right now to have hired Singletary instead of Kubiak...
Weird. Last year Denver was 29th in total Defense, 27th in Rush Defense, and 26th in Pass Defense, and 30th in Points per game.

They hired the guy that couldn't get it done in San Fran (Mike Nolan), and lo and behold so far they are 1st in total Defense, 2nd in Pass Defense, 8th in Rush Defense, and 1st in points.

How do you explain that?
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #51
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Weird. Last year Denver was 29th in total Defense, 27th in Rush Defense, and 26th in Pass Defense, and 30th in Points per game.

They hired the guy that couldn't get it done in San Fran (Mike Nolan), and lo and behold so far they are 1st in total Defense, 2nd in Pass Defense, 8th in Rush Defense, and 1st in points.

How do you explain that?
I would say Nolan is not a good HC but a great DC
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #52
Ckw

Quote:

How do you explain that?
Was about to answer you until...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I would say Nolan is not a good HC but a great DC
I saw this post right below it. Rep your way GW. Nolan has coached some very good defenses when he was able to solely focus on defense. He just wasn't a good HC.
Old 09-28-2009   #53
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
All long as they're buying tickets I don't care. I bet Jacksonville would gladly take about 35,000 bitchy fans right now. If things keep on going the way that they are, something worse might happen......those "bitchy fans" might actually stay home.
Agreed! Carbomb, We had 38k bitchy fans at the last Jags game vs. Cards. Add another 35k...no blackouts. We used to have ALL those bitchy fans, but 35K are sitting at home, making excuses. Booing shows you care about your team. You should have the right to express your displeasure in the way your team is preformimg. You have made the financial obligation. The game was fun to watch for both teams. A lot of offensive plays. I agree, the pick call in the end zone was bogus. The sky is not falling for the Texans, there is still a long season to go. You guys are hungry for a winner, I total understand.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #54
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
That's the guy I wanted us to get or Singeltary if he was available for some reason.
The Texans would have had to pick him up before Nolan was fired last year and that would have meant that the Texans had to hire him during the 2007 season.
Old 09-28-2009   #55
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I may be alone in this but I didn't think today's loss was on Kubes at all.
It's Kubiaks job to make sure his coaches are doing their job, and it's pretty damn obvious FB is not doing his! Our team has to be the easiest team in the NFL for opposing teams to prepare for. WHY??! Because we make the same mistakes week after week. We're so predicable it's sickening. Just hit the left side of our D and you'll get at least 3, if not 4 TD's. Now, why is that NOT a coaching problem? PREPARE your team for a game!! Work their butts off, make them watch film until their eyes bug out! The noncomplaisent attitude our boys have stems from the top! If they are SOFT it's because they have SOFT leadership. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #56
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Two years ago, San Francisco had a worse defense than us. We were 24 and they were 25 in total defense and in points per game, they were 20 and we were 22. This year while we are almost dead last in both categories, San Fran is 7 in total yards and 4 in points per game. Don't tell me a tough coach can't make a ton of difference. San Fran does not have much more talent than us on defense yet their guys play with fire. What I would give right now to have hired Singletary instead of Kubiak...
What can I say, other than

DITTO
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #57
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I haven't posted much lately, and I'm not posting now because I get off on piling it on after a loss. How can you not want to post after this loss as a Texans fan?

We just had a great statement win over a great team on the road, and we come home and lose like this to the Jags?

I really feel like this team, the culture, from the top, is just comfortable with .500. That's what it feels like. "Oh, we're at .500 now, we can relax against the Jags." Now they'll feel compelled to win next week to keep that comfortable .500 feeling.

I just don't get how you can beat the Titans on the road and lose to the Jags at home the next week.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #58
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How do you explain that?

According to all the talking heads on tv the ownership there is beyond stupid...

They fired Shanny Sr.

Then their new idiotic coach traded their franchise qb and now they are mired in medioc ....oops.... never mind...

Old 09-28-2009   #59
twotexanfans
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 twotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It's Kubiaks job to make sure his coaches are doing their job, and it's pretty damn obvious FB is not doing his! Our team has to be the easiest team in the NFL for opposing teams to prepare for. WHY??! Because we make the same mistakes week after week. We're so predicable it's sickening. Just hit the left side of our D and you'll get at least 3, if not 4 TD's. Now, why is that NOT a coaching problem? PREPARE your team for a game!! Work their butts off, make them watch film until their eyes bug out! The noncomplaisent attitude our boys have stems from the top! If they are SOFT it's because they have SOFT leadership. JMO!
I agree!! There is no way the players are really as soft as they appear on field, I just don't buy it. This is a poorly coached team. If the players are confused or unhappy with the system, that will reflect during the game when things start to crumble- and it does! I would be willing to bet they are just as frustrated as we are. I'm a season ticket holder, not since day one but for a few years now. Like most, I have a lot invested in this team emotionally and financially. I completely understand why some folks log in and flame these guys, it's part of the healing process. I'm not a big fan of the boo birds, but I understand that too. There is room in our fan base for all of us- the complainers, bandwagon jumpers, die hards, and homers! Hopefully, one day soon, a light will come on somewhere over there on Kirby and things will improve. Until then, there's always the parking lot, cold beer, awesome food, good friends, and the occasional W !!
twotexanfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #60
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Was about to answer you until...

I saw this post right below it. Rep your way GW. Nolan has coached some very good defenses when he was able to solely focus on defense. He just wasn't a good HC.
I'll give you a second as well, Dom Capers is doing some good things with GB defense which has equal or less talent than we do.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read