Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-25-2009   #121
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pickem - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I would say the Eagles @ home vs. Kansas City, Baltimore @ home vs. Cleveland, and Green Bay vs. St Louis are all locks. I don't see KC or Cleveland winning on the road against either the Eagles or Ravens. I don't see the Packers losing two straight against teams they should have destroyed.
The Ravens over the Browns is about the only one I'll give you. That'll likely be everyone's 16-pointer this week.

Philly over KC..? I dunno. The Chefs put up 24 points on the Ravens defens... IN Baltimore. They barely lost to the Raydahs in the last two minutes. And McNabb is still out. You're probably right, the E-Gals will probably win - but I wouldn't call Philly w/o McNabb a lock.

I dunno about GB. They're as schizo as we are. They lost to the Bungles in Lambeau. They only beat the Bears because Cutler stunk it up to the tune of 4 INTs. And this is the Rams' home opener. GB probably wins, but I wouldn't call it a lock.

This could be a weird week.
I just hope we don't get bit by the weirdness.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #122
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget to GET YOUR PICKS IN!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009   #123
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

They in. But I ain't very confident. I think I drop a few spots this week. I'm only up by one point over (SpecNatz - how did you get your own smiley anyhow?) as it is...
Old 09-27-2009   #124
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Don't forget to GET YOUR PICKS IN!!!!!
Several still have not gotten their picks in. Don't forget...

Its 5:30AM and I am headed to the game!!!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #125
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

They're in

Old 09-27-2009   #126
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
They're in

lol, same here.
Old 09-27-2009   #127
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Ravens over the Browns is about the only one I'll give you. That'll likely be everyone's 16-pointer this week.

Philly over KC..? I dunno. The Chefs put up 24 points on the Ravens defens... IN Baltimore. They barely lost to the Raydahs in the last two minutes. And McNabb is still out. You're probably right, the E-Gals will probably win - but I wouldn't call Philly w/o McNabb a lock.

I dunno about GB. They're as schizo as we are. They lost to the Bungles in Lambeau. They only beat the Bears because Cutler stunk it up to the tune of 4 INTs. And this is the Rams' home opener. GB probably wins, but I wouldn't call it a lock.

This could be a weird week.
I just hope we don't get bit by the weirdness.
I had those games as my 16, 15 & 14 in confidence points. All three games were blow-outs. I understand the 'any given sunday', but I just didn't see any of those teams losing this week.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #128
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I had those games as my 16, 15 & 14 in confidence points. All three games were blow-outs. I understand the 'any given sunday', but I just didn't see any of those teams losing this week.
Well, I used double digit CPs on those three games too. I was just nervous about it. I wish I had played my hunch about the Lions for more than 1 pt. lol
Old 09-27-2009   #129
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I used double digit CPs on those three games too. I was just nervous about it. I wish I had played my hunch about the Lions for more than 1 pt. lol
I didn't go with the Lions just because I wanted to see them win one first. I had the Bengals getting beat with high confidence points for the 2nd week in a row. Only 3 people picked them to win the past two weeks. I would assume almost everyone will pick them next week against Cleveland.
Old 09-28-2009   #130
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't go with the Lions just because I wanted to see them win one first. I had the Bengals getting beat with high confidence points for the 2nd week in a row. Only 3 people picked them to win the past two weeks. I would assume almost everyone will pick them next week against Cleveland.
My thinking as well. Whew I took a bath this week.
Old 09-28-2009   #131
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

I think Vinny takes firm hold of the lead this week.

Old 09-29-2009   #132
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Vinny takes firm hold of the lead this week.
I would if this was all about picking winners. Kinda frustrating to have the least wrong picks with only 9 wrong for the season and be tied for 12th place with a guy who has 17 wrong picks....not that there is anything wrong with that

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #133
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I would if this was all about picking winners. Kinda frustrating to have the least wrong picks with only 9 wrong for the season and be tied for 12th place with a guy who has 17 wrong picks....not that there is anything wrong with that
Well that Detroit upset cost you big time. If I had any brass ones, I'd have put more pts on them.
If I had any sense, I wouldn't have plunked double digits on the Schizos
...err, I mean Texans
Old 10-01-2009   #134
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well that Detroit upset cost you big time. If I had any brass ones, I'd have put more pts on them.
If I had any sense, I wouldn't have plunked double digits on the Schizos
...err, I mean Texans
We both have the same record going into week 4. The difference? You're in 2nd, I'm in 21st.
Old 10-01-2009   #135
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
We both have the same record going into week 4. The difference? You're in 2nd, I'm in 21st.
yep... But in a couple of weeks or so that could be reversed. I could very well be in the middle of the pack looking up at you and Vinny
this little game is all about who ya put yer "money" on.
Old 10-01-2009   #136
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got my picks done, I took about 3 upsets or so, i got to do something to gain some ground, it's great having a really good record and all but I am not climbing the leaderboard so I tried to get creative a little bit, hope it doesn't bite me in the a double s.
Old 10-01-2009   #137
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Imagine how frustrated you will be when that guy passes you.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #138
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys...don't forget to get your picks in this weekend! Still lots and lots of time left...and the leader is not very far ahead.
Old 10-02-2009   #139
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Imagine how frustrated you will be when that guy passes you.
unleash the pirates and ninjas

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #140
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

I dropped a 7 on the Texans winning...I am scared to death that this is too many points. It all depends on which caliber defense shows up...NFL or High School.

Fingers Crossed!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read