Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009   #221
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I started to reply in this thread again, but decided to continue dwelling on the win last week and other positive thoughts.

Y'all enjoy your negativity now ya hear?

Like I said, I have VERY GOOD reasons to be negative.
Old 09-27-2009   #222
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm there now. I want Kubiak fired. I'm finished following his make-believe turnaround.
Old 09-27-2009   #223
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm there now. I want Kubiak fired. I'm finished following his make-believe turnaround.
Yep. I was willing to let them rebound after the Jets game. So long as we came out of the first quarter of the season with three wins I was happy, no matter how it happened.

But, I'm official on (or am I off?) board.

I want Cowher more than anything. Where's the soap?
Old 09-27-2009   #224
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with the line of thinking, lets see how this year pans out. No playoffs or no winning record= No Kubiak next year for me.
Old 09-27-2009   #225
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I love the offensive power house Kubiak has built here, he has made just horrible, awful, embarrassing personnel decisions.

Back to back shameful defensive coordinators, and a dreadful GM who is terrible at drafting, terrible at bringing in quality free agents, and terrible at keeping our own guys happy.

These people were brought here because Kubiak wanted them.

As great as I think he is, you can't surround yourself with turds and tell everybody to smell the roses. Either Kubiak needs to stand up and start firing these incompetents, or he is done.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 09-27-2009   #226
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
As much as I love the offensive power house Kubiak has built here, he has made just horrible, awful, embarrassing personnel decisions.

Back to back shameful defensive coordinators, and a dreadful GM who is terrible at drafting, terrible at bringing in quality free agents, and terrible at keeping our own guys happy.

These people were brought here because Kubiak wanted them.

As great as I think he is, you can't surround yourself with turds and tell everybody to smell the roses. Either Kubiak needs to stand up and start firing these incompetents, or he is done.
I very much disagree with you about our GM being terrible at drafting. We have actually been pretty successful and his first rounders have been great, except for Okoye of course but essentially everyone was sold on Amobi. Everything else you say about him is right on.

I am with you that as much as I love Kubiak's offense, his defense is so terrible that I can't take it anymore. For the most part, the best head coaches are defensive minded head coaches. I don't know why that is but it sure seems to be the case in the NFL. You can find a good offensive coordinator to create a good offense, but it is much harder to find a stud DC because most of the great defensive coordinators become head coaches.

Old 09-27-2009   #227
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And aren't you the author of the pink soap avatars? Make it happen!
Old 09-27-2009   #228
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the sentiment with firing Kubiak completely . . .

. . . but for the love of God, can we forget about Bill Cowher?
Old 09-27-2009   #229
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

yes PLEASE!!
Old 09-27-2009   #230
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Yeah, I agree. As the last few years have shown, any coach can come in and win. It's about ideas, not pedigrees. And by the way, it took Cowher how many years to win a SB? Coaches don't get that long anymore. See this thread for evidence.
Old 09-27-2009   #231
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, I agree. As the last few years have shown, any coach can come in and win. It's about ideas, not pedigrees. And by the way, it took Cowher how many years to win a SB? Coaches don't get that long anymore. See this thread for evidence.
Yeah Pittsburgh has the most patient loyal owner in the league. If he was with any other franchise and went that long before winning the Super Bowl he would of been canned.
Old 09-27-2009   #232
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have gotten Singletary.
Old 09-27-2009   #233
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I very much disagree with you about our GM being terrible at drafting. We have actually been pretty successful and his first rounders have been great, except for Okoye of course but essentially everyone was sold on Amobi. Everything else you say about him is right on.

I am with you that as much as I love Kubiak's offense, his defense is so terrible that I can't take it anymore. For the most part, the best head coaches are defensive minded head coaches. I don't know why that is but it sure seems to be the case in the NFL. You can find a good offensive coordinator to create a good offense, but it is much harder to find a stud DC because most of the great defensive coordinators become head coaches.
I don't see it.

As bad as Asserly was, he brought in more Pro bowlers than Smith has NFL caliber starters.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 09-27-2009   #234
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Yeah Pittsburgh has the most patient loyal owner in the league. If he was with any other franchise and went that long before winning the Super Bowl he would of been canned.
Ridiculous!!!

Quote:
Wrong. Jeff Fisher who is considered one of the best coaches in the NFL didnt even break .500 until his 6th year.

Cowher is a great coach and compares favorable to any coach available. In 15 years coaching Pittsburg he won his division 8 times, got 2nd twice, finished .500 or above 12 times, went to the playoffs 10 times, 4 AFC Championship Games and 2 Superbowls winning one of them. He won a total of 149 games and lost only 90 for a .623 winning %. Thats better than Fisher (.557) or Shottenheimer (.613).

If we arent going to bring in a proven winner we should just keep Kubiack.

I know there is very little chance of him coming here but please show me a better candidate.
Old 09-27-2009   #235
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I consider this game to be Kubiak and the entire coaching staff's resignation letter.

Do we continue the rest of the season with a lame duck staff or do we concede the season and going ahead and hire a real coaching staff so they will have time to tune up for next season?

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-27-2009   #236
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wrong.
Uhh, first of all, I said coaches don't get that long "anymore", so that sort of implies that current coaches that get hired don't get that kind of time to win (as opposed to coaches that have already been around). But that's OK. Since you labeled me "wrong", and since you used Fisher's 6-year mark as his .500 mark (ignoring the extenuating circumstances along the way), go ahead and finish pointing out how wrong I am by counting how many current NFL head coaches have more than 6 years with their current organization.

Let me know when you have an answer that shows I'm wrong that coaches don't get that long anymore.
Old 09-27-2009   #237
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Naa let the year play out

Look what clevend did fired there beloved coach the players loved him and got mangenie now its down in teh dumps

Same with San deigo and Redskins i really think there former coaches are better then the ones they got now
Old 09-27-2009   #238
Redtexan#34
Rookie

Rep Power: 7 Redtexan#34 is a Pro BowlerRedtexan#34 is a Pro Bowler

From all that i have heard and read Bob McNair is a stand up guy, class act. He is not impulsive, Knee jerk reaction type of owner like Snyder and Jones. I bet the Texans would have to win only like 4 maybe 5 games for Kubiak to be fired. If I was a betting man I would say that the Texans are going to win just enough games to keep Kubiak employed. I can actually see this team getting a little better and gelling together to finish 9-7 and just miss the playoffs. Which will suck because McNair will give him a extension and we as loyal Texans fans will continue to be stuck in mediocrity.

Heres a scenario to think about. Kubiak gets fired. Mike shannahan is hired to replace Wade Philips in Dallas and Shannahan brings in Kubiak to be his offensive cordinator. The Cowboys which we will play next season in Houston come into Relaint and beat us down. I think that would be the worst loss yet.
Old 09-27-2009   #239
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uhh, first of all, I said coaches don't get that long "anymore", so that sort of implies that current coaches that get hired don't get that kind of time to win (as opposed to coaches that have already been around). But that's OK. Since you labeled me "wrong", and since you used Fisher's 6-year mark as his .500 mark (ignoring the extenuating circumstances along the way), go ahead and finish pointing out how wrong I am by counting how many current NFL head coaches have more than 6 years with their current organization.

Let me know when you have an answer that shows I'm wrong that coaches don't get that long anymore.
Ok I stand corrected. Just a little wound up after the loss. Sorry didnt mean it as a personal attack.
Old 09-27-2009   #240
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

There is nothing to gain by firing Kubiak at the moment. Sure 1-2 isn't how we would have wanted to be after 3, and it hasn't been anything like pretty. But getting rid of a HC after 3 weeks, in our situation just does not make sense.

He stays. Its an end of the season decision.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read