Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009   #201
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Dude read the Kubiak Hot Seat thread.
Old 09-18-2009   #202
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

To add fuel to the fire; a snippet from AJ's latest circulation:

Link
Quote:
The Texans are 1-6 all time at Nashville and Gary Kubiak has never won there.

Which reminds me, before I get to the reason I'm writing this - injuries - let me ask you all a question.

What is Gary Kubiak's signature win on the road as a head coach?

Most of you will answer Green Bay last season. I'd probably agree, it was a good win in very cold weather, but it was over a team that finished 6-10.

Some of you will answer Carolina in 2007. That's fine too. But it was over a team that finished 7-9 that season.

There aren't many choices left since Kubiak's Texans have only won six games on the road in three years. Your remaining choices are victories over a 2-14 Raiders team in 2006, a 4-12 Raiders team in 2007, an 8-8 Jags team in 2006, and a 4-12 Browns team last season.

So there you have it. Another futility tidbit. In three seasons, Kubiak's Texans have yet to win a road game against a team that finished a season with a winning record.

Last edited by Lucky; 09-19-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 09-19-2009   #203
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wow. That was harsh. But unless Kubiac turns this team around, like the articles says, we are looking at between 6 and 8 wins this year.
How long do you have to wear that Jet's avatar, Thorn?

And I'm thinking 5-11 tops.
Old 09-19-2009   #204
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
How long do you have to wear that Jet's avatar, Thorn?

And I'm thinking 5-11 tops.
We all have to wear it until Sunday comes. I'll change mine out at midnight on Sat.
Old 09-19-2009   #205
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
To add fuel to the fire; a snippet from AJ's latest circulation:

Link
That's embarrassing.
Old 09-19-2009   #206
Ckw

Wow. These articles are making me depressed big time. This franchise sucks!

Old 09-19-2009   #207
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

So in what week are going to see the "I'm done watching the Texans" threads made by posters who claim to not care anymore but will still post everyday.

I'm guessing week 4 or 5.
Old 09-19-2009   #208
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
So in what week are going to see the "I'm done watching the Texans" threads made by posters who claim to not care anymore but will still post everyday.

I'm guessing week 4 or 5.
We go out and get crushed tomorrow, it might be tomorrow evening. Alot of pessimism here, and alot of it is warranted.
Old 09-19-2009   #209
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
We go out and get crushed tomorrow, it might be tomorrow evening. Alot of pessimism here, and alot of it is warranted.
There is some pessimism but most of the stuff in here is just bluster, hyperbole, and people raging out because of the horrible beating the team took. I can equate most of the posts in here to "RAWRAWRAWR GARY KUBIAK RAWR RAWR RAWR PATTERNZ RAWR".

Just seems to me like most of the people are going to claim they don't care anymore yet will still post, every day, about how much they don't care.

Fitting for this fan base I suppose. Apathy until the team does something good then "WE'RE #1". I give all of that a giant "meh".
Old 09-19-2009   #210
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
There is some pessimism but most of the stuff in here is just bluster, hyperbole, and people raging out because of the horrible beating the team took. I can equate most of the posts in here to "RAWRAWRAWR GARY KUBIAK RAWR RAWR RAWR PATTERNZ RAWR".

Just seems to me like most of the people are going to claim they don't care anymore yet will still post, every day, about how much they don't care.

Fitting for this fan base I suppose. Apathy until the team does something good then "WE'RE #1". I give all of that a giant "meh".
I don't think there any posts that I've seen where people claim they no longer care. You might find some that "wished" that they could stop caring. I admit, I'm one of those. It's like being in love with someone that doesn't love you back. You wish that you could throw the switch that would allow you to not care, but it doesn't exist.

So, you're "stucK" with having to remain a fan. Eight years of the same old crap would make anyone a little jaded. And I think we, as fans, have a perfect right to be negative and pessimistic.
Old 09-19-2009   #211
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

They don't even compete in games year after year. They come out to play one week and then look like they are nursing a hangover the next. (coaches and players) To be a good team you have to bring it every week.
Old 09-26-2009   #212
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
They don't even compete in games year after year. They come out to play one week and then look like they are nursing a hangover the next. (coaches and players) To be a good team you have to bring it every week.
Let's hope they "bring it" the rest of this season like they did in Nashville.
Old 09-26-2009   #213
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

So, you're "stucK" with having to remain a fan. Eight years of the same old crap would make anyone a little jaded. And I think we, as fans, have a perfect right to be negative and pessimistic.
It's not like the Oilers never did that. They just won championships.
Old 09-26-2009   #214
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I started to reply in this thread again, but decided to continue dwelling on the win last week and other positive thoughts.

Y'all enjoy your negativity now ya hear?

Old 09-26-2009   #215
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I started to reply in this thread again, but decided to continue dwelling on the win last week and other positive thoughts.

Wins like the one over the Titans last week need to become the norm rather than the exception before Gary is off the hot seat. Let's hope it becomes a pattern of team behavior to win and win nasty if they have to.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 09-26-2009   #216
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hey, my post wasn't negative!
Quote:
Let's hope they "bring it" the rest of this season like they did in Nashville.
Old 09-27-2009   #217
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:

It's not about negativity...It IS about opening one's eyes and seeing things for what they are. This reminds me of the story of "the Emporer's New Clothes" . We are naked, and most people on these boards don't really see it. For me..this team needs more than just a handful of surprise wins...they need to actually turn the corner before I will buy into the Kubiak koolaid anymore. I will always be a Texans fan, but I just don't want to call crap gold. Kubiak is on the hot seat until this team proves otherwise bu actually putting together a string of winning seasons.
Old 09-27-2009   #218
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
It's not about negativity...It IS about opening one's eyes and seeing things for what they are. This reminds me of the story of "the Emporer's New Clothes" . We are naked, and most people on these boards don't really see it. For me..this team needs more than just a handful of surprise wins...they need to actually turn the corner before I will buy into the Kubiak koolaid anymore. I will always be a Texans fan, but I just don't want to call crap gold. Kubiak is on the hot seat until this team proves otherwise bu actually putting together a string of winning seasons.
How is any of this post not negativity?

Other than the first phrase obviously which states "It's not about negativity" and then you just go and bash.
Old 09-27-2009   #219
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Wow. These articles are making me depressed big time. This franchise sucks!
Do not despair, Grasshopper. Let's look at AJ's quote:

Quote:
So there you have it. Another futility tidbit. In three seasons, Kubiak's Texans have yet to win a road game against a team that finished a season with a winning record.
That tells us that the Tacks will not having a winning record this season, hopefully helping us, climb a rung or two on the AFC ladder.
Old 09-27-2009   #220
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant take this, we dont have an over load of talent but we have a good amount on this football team. Good talent + bad coaching = Texans

And it starts AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read