Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-20-2009   #101
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pickem - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Those 15 confidence pts I put on the Texans are feeling pretty good right now.
I only placed 4 on the good guys...glad I got them.

I bunch of us blew the GB game though. Gonna be interesting at the end of this week.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #102
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I've never been happier to be wrong... Big win today!
Me too. I was 9 pts wrong today.
I'll lose the 9 EVERY week if it means we win.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #103
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I sucked this week. No excuses. I had 15 confidence points on Green Bay, 13 on Pit, 12 on Tampa Bay, 7 for Tennessee (glad they got beat), 5 for NE, & 2 for Dallas. That's 54 points I missed out on. Inexcusable.

Last edited by JCTexan; 09-21-2009 at 06:12 PM.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #104
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Those 15 confidence pts I put on the Texans are feeling pretty good right now.
I find my own lack of faith disturbing.

But its the best 8 confidence points I'll have blown all season.

I look decent thus far this week, but will probably drop like a stone in the ranks after tonight's game.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #105
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I fell from 5th to 19th.....ouch. But I got 10 confidence points on Indy tonight maybe I can make up some ground.
Old 09-21-2009   #106
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I had 15 points on Tennessee, I call it like I see it. I'd gladly drop 15 in a Houston game week after week if it meant Houston winning...... gladly I tell ya!!

I maintained fifth, but this week was more like a typical week one than week two.
Old 09-21-2009   #107
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I fell from 5th to 19th.....ouch. But I got 10 confidence points on Indy tonight maybe I can make up some ground.
I have 11 points on Indy. It doesn't mean I'm rooting for them, though.
Old 09-21-2009   #108
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya same here, but I want them to lose.

I see not many people picked the Texans, thank goodness I did!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #109
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I will gladly give up my 10 points for indy to lose, not a problem, go fins!
Old 09-21-2009   #110
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

KD gets the yellow jersey as Week 2 winner with 96 points. Considering the Week 2 schedule, nice score.

ObsiWan rules the hill with 209 total.

Nice job, you two!
Old 09-22-2009   #111
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I had 15 points on Tennessee, I call it like I see it. I'd gladly drop 15 in a Houston game week after week if it meant Houston winning...... gladly I tell ya!!

I maintained fifth, but this week was more like a typical week one than week two.
I dropped 9 on the Titans myself. If it means we win, I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

Tell you what, I don't see any gimmies in week 3.
Not even the 'Skins/Lions game.
Old 09-22-2009   #112
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
KD gets the yellow jersey as Week 2 winner with 96 points. Considering the Week 2 schedule, nice score.

ObsiWan rules the hill with 209 total.

Nice job, you two!
Thanks! ShowTime! This prosperity probably won't last

....but I have a question...
Why does my individual score say 99 but the "Weekly Performance" say 88??
Old 09-22-2009   #113
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thanks! ShowTime! This prosperity probably won't last

....but I have a question...
Why does my individual score say 99 but the "Weekly Performance" say 88??
I'm showing Week 1) 121........Week 2) 88......Total 209

To answer where the "99" is I don't know

OH!: I may have posted too early, looks like the MNF game hasn't tallied yet, and with 11 and Spec doing 14, my post is bogus. You have 99 for the week as best as I can tell, but it hasen't been added to the final totals after week 2.

Good job, and no disrespect to Spec?
Old 09-22-2009   #114
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, the winner for the week is texasguy346 with 104 points. ObsiWan is the overall leader with 220 points.

If you dropped this week...don't get discouraged. This is a game that lasts all season long. I didn't participate in week 1 last year...and I still managed to finish in the top 10...

Congrats to the 2 above. And for the rest of us...we need to make better picks this week!!!

Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2009   #115
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Actually, the winner for the week is texasguy346 with 104 points. ObsiWan is the overall leader with 220 points.

If you dropped this week...don't get discouraged. This is a game that lasts all season long. I didn't participate in week 1 last year...and I still managed to finish in the top 10...

Congrats to the 2 above. And for the rest of us...we need to make better picks this week!!!

Good Luck!
This week worries me. There are no clear cut locks.
I even have my doubts that Washington will beat Detroit.
Old 09-24-2009   #116
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would say the Eagles @ home vs. Kansas City, Baltimore @ home vs. Cleveland, and Green Bay vs. St Louis are all locks. I don't see KC or Cleveland winning on the road against either the Eagles or Ravens. I don't see the Packers losing two straight against teams they should have destroyed.
Old 09-24-2009   #117
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Im putting a point on Detriot.

It has to be time.

Right?

Right???
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #118
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post

It has to be time.

Right?

Right???
You are a bigger man than me...
Old 09-25-2009   #119
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Don't forget to make your picks this weekend! Good Luck!
Old 09-25-2009   #120
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post

It has to be time.

Right?

Right???
Trying to remember, I think I gambled and put five points on them. I've got a feeling that the Lions will snap their losing streak this week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read