Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-15-2009   #21
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DJing at the Miller Light Bull Pen Party Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I will miss the pep band. I must be getting old. But I am happy with all the changes Holly has been working hard to get in the concourse behind the Bullpen.
What is up with the Pep Band? Are they going away? WTH??
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #22
djriddler
Rookie

Default Re: DJing at the Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback! Any special Battle Red songs to play? Let me know if there is anything else I can play?

R?

www.djriddler.com
twitter.com/djriddler
djriddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
For those that like rock, local fav ZZ Top, also Pantera, Janis J.
You have to be the coolest Gma ever!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #24
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djriddler View Post
Just to remind everyone, this is YOUR (The Fans) Miller Light Bull Pen Party Deck. We want this to be your home. So feel free to let me know what you think or what you want to hear more of. The only thing I was specifically asked (by the Texans) was to stay away from the Ghetto Rap music. However, anything else is all you guys.

I'm down for suggestions!

Go TEXANS!

www.djriddler.com
Ghetto Rap Music???? I can understand not play any music with vulgar lyrics but most rap music is not Vulgar. I've been to a few other NFL stadiums and they play every kind of music including rap. Why don't we ever hear a good artist like Beyonce blaring across the stadium .....she is not a rap artist. This is the one thing I hate about this team. That country music is real cool for the young cheerleaders to dance too..lmao. We have this discussion in our section during every game. That country music should be saved for the rodeo. I don't know if you are the guy that plays the music during timeouts but it leaves a lot to be desired and it might explain why the Texans cheerleaders seem to stay a year and run over to the Rocket Power dancers. I would imagine that this order can straight from the top and maybe the owner needs to realize that there are more young hip hoppers in the crowd than CW fans. I had to laugh at the New Orleans game when a Saints fans sitting on our row was laughing and commenting on the music for the cheerleaders to dance to...his funniest comment was "Damn,that music is older than any of those cheerleaders". "Is that the best they can do is 1970s music? If I want to listen to any music to get pumped up we do it at the tailgate because the music at the texans game leaves a lot to be desired. I promise you that Jerry Jones don't care if they play at least top 40 in his place.

Last edited by ubecool454; 09-23-2009 at 08:23 AM.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #25
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djriddler View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback! Any special Battle Red songs to play? Let me know if there is anything else I can play?

R?

www.djriddler.com
twitter.com/djriddler
Just play what you want...good ole willie nelson and George Strait ...might as well get the rodeo crowd ready. Just play want you want and I'm sure someone will love it. Who does the stadium music, you?

Last edited by ubecool454; 09-23-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2009   #26
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I get tired of country, personally.
The rodeo will provide all the country music in a few months....those are football players on the field not cowboys.
Old 09-23-2009   #27
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
As a native of Nashville, I love country. Add Taylor Swift, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, old school Johnny Cash ( Although his background is much worst compared to those "ghetto rap stars" lol). I would like to hear all types of music not just rock and country esp since I sit in the Bull Pen and hope to hang in the new Party Deck. It would be interesting to see what our players would request to hear.....and what the Texans would say about their requests.
Most of the players would want to hear rap/hip hop music. I'm sure that kind of music would fire them up a lot more than some CW music.
Old 09-23-2009   #28
djriddler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Ghetto Rap Music???? I can understand not play any music with vulgar lyrics but most rap music is not Vulgar. I've been to a few other NFL stadiums and they play every kind of music including rap. Why don't we ever hear a good artist like Beyonce blaring across the stadium .....she is not a rap artist. This is the one thing I hate about this team. That country music is real cool for the young cheerleaders to dance too..lmao. We have this discussion in our section during every game. That country music should be saved for the rodeo. I don't know if you are the guy that plays the music during timeouts but it leaves a lot to be desired and it might explain why the Texans cheerleaders seem to stay a year and run over to the Rocket Power dancers. I would imagine that this order can straight from the top and maybe the owner needs to realize that there are more young hip hoppers in the crowd than CW fans. I had to laugh at the New Orleans game when a Saints fans sitting on our row was laughing and commenting on the music for the cheerleaders to dance to...his funniest comment was "Damn,that music is older than any of those cheerleaders". "Is that the best they can do is 1970s music? If I want to listen to any music to get pumped up we do it at the tailgate because the music at the texans game leaves a lot to be desired. I promise you that Jerry Jones don't care if they play at least top 40 in his place.
I am not the one that plays the music during the actual game or timeouts. I don't even pick the music for the Cheerleaders. I just control the music in the Miller Lite Bull Pen Party Deck. With that said, I do play Beyonce' quite a bit back there as well as a lot of Top 40. For the most part I keep it pretty current as how I do with my radio show on Hot 95.7 (Top 40 station) With that being said, the Party Deck is your spot so I'd like to represent and play what you all like. Unfortunately, the players don't hear what I get to play.
djriddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
You have to be the coolest Gma ever!
I was going to say the same thing!

Tried to rep her, but the system would not let me.
Old 09-23-2009   #30
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was going to say the same thing!

Tried to rep her, but the system would not let me.
I got her.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the reps guys! LOVE being a "gma," esp to all my Texan "boys!"

I love most any type of music, and try to at least appreciate the type that grinds on my nerves a little. Some of the stuff I listen to lately I pull up from this website. I love the links, they are great! YOU TUBE rocks!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read