Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-18-2009   #81
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: utpay isthay inway ouryay ipepay andway okesmay itway

BA,that's almost the same exact "analysis" you gave before the game here late last season.

Remember how that one ended up?

Old 09-18-2009   #82
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Analysis:

Texans have probably one of the bottom 5 in secondary's which would not mean much against a team that relies on the run but our O-Line coupled with good blocking TE's and FB means the run game will get to the second level which does not bode well for a team that's safeties who show little to no talent.

Assuming Cook starts at the #2 TE position he shows a pretty positive miss match verses LB coverage. Even if the Texans focus on Cook ... Crumpler is always a good second option. I imagine Kerry will spread the field with a healthy dose of the run. In the Texans first game they showed an obvious weakness to the run allowing Thomas to get over 100 yards and 2 TDs. Britt has shown that he can take a hit across the middle and hold in there for a much needed possession WR. Gage is playing well and Washington should help to force the Texans D to at least cover the WRs when they are on the field opening up the run game.

Schaub has shown as a starter that he holds onto the ball too long and is injury prone. In the Jets game he seemed timid and afraid to take a hit. The O-line while only giving up 2 sacks could only open up enough holes for Slaton to get 19 yards and the fumble looked pretty bad.

With the Titans D holding very well against a solid run game in Pittsburgh the Texans will most likely be looking to pass. While AJ has proven he can hold his own against any CB in the league but in a double team almost all game I don't expect him to be able to produce with little help at the #2 WR.

The Titans front 4 looked good against Pitt and if they can put pressure on Schaub I expect him to produce but not enough to overcome the Fisher offense.

The Titans are coming home after a loss that was in there grasp. I expect them to be charged to take a first victory.

I am not really into predictions but I would say something the the range of 31-10. If we were in Houston probably something different but the game I think is a heavy favorite for the TItans.
Really, so Bironas is gonna kick 10.3 field goals. Outside of a late game turnover for a TD in the first game last year I dont recall yall lighting it up against us in recent years. All yall have been able to score on us is field goals. Remember it was the Texans that exposed yall as a one dimesional team. Put 8 in the box and "dope and dine" are neutralized and Kerry had no one to throw to. Titans game plan is easy to figure out hold the ball as long as you can and hope they dont have blasters. Well we have blasters , some thing which Pittsburg didnt have. (AJ, OD KW AD)

AJ is pissed and coming for his yearly piece of the fake irishman....get ready for a long day corty.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #83
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really, so Bironas is gonna kick 10.3 field goals. Outside of a late game turnover for a TD in the first game last year I dont recall yall lighting it up against us in recent years. All yall have been able to score on us is field goals.
31-12 Titans
38-36 Titans
28-20 Titans
28-22 Titans
26-20 Titans (OT)

Those are the last 5 games played between the teams before the December match-up last year. In only one of those games did the Titans score more field goals than touchdowns. Don't take a big play off defense away just to prove a point, good teams make big plays when they need them the most.

So that is 2 games in the past six, both in Houston, where Bironas has scored most of the points. Also, before last December the Titans had scored no less than 26 points.. what exactly is your interpretation of "light it up?" I'd say the Titans have done very well in the scoring department.

I only went back that far because you seemed to do so, don't get all crazy about me living in the past with those stats.

Quote:
Remember it was the Texans that exposed yall as a one dimesional team. Put 8 in the box and "dope and dine" are neutralized and Kerry had no one to throw to. Titans game plan is easy to figure out hold the ball as long as you can and hope they dont have blasters.
I won't post the links this time, but you only furthered the trend in trying to make Tennessee one-dimensional last season. Teams tried to do that all year and only two had success in terms of winning (against our starters, I'm going to throw out the Indy game in wk 17). The Jets held them to 45 yards rushing and won, and you guys gave up 100 (but shouldn't have been that high). Those stats are impressive considering what was accomplished on the ground last year.

The Bears game comes to mind, though. The Titans were held to only 20yds rushing and still won (w/o scoring on defense or FGs.) There were 8 games last year where they were held under 120yds rushing total and lost two of them (again throwing out the Indy game.) They ran very effectively against Baltimore in the playoffs until CJ left the game in the 2nd quarter.

Quote:
AJ is pissed and coming for his yearly piece of the fake irishman....get ready for a long day corty.
In the past 6 games, AJ has 2 games over 100yds and three touchdowns. However, only three of those games were played with Matt Schaub. You act like the guy has made his Pro Bowls against the Titans.

Just looking at last year vs said Irishman, he had 2rec 29yds (in Tenn) and 11 rec 207yds 1td. Maybe he only plays well at home .
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #84
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was just in response to Spurs, he got a little excited in some of those statements.

I expect this game to be close, at least until the end. I don't care what the Texans offense did last week, we know what they can do. AJ is always a scary guy to see lined up and Slaton was damn near impossible to tackle in both games. Schaub has to stay protected, though. David Tornton may miss this one so Owen Dainels may see his role expanded a bit. Is Walter for sure a go?

The Titans offense is better, I've thought it would be all off-season and I think a little of it showed against Pitt (I know 10 points). If the Texans are again successful against the run I have more confidence in the receivers, including Jared Cook, than last year.

I'm looking forward to this one, I expect the winner to have better 3rd down stats and, of course, less turnovers; two things the Titans did not do well last December.
Old 09-20-2009   #85
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice predictions TITFANS! Tie ballgame in the 4th, 31-31. You ain't been learned better than that. F$&* yo pig Latin!!!!!!!!!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #86
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Nice win Congrats ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #87
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Looks like bad Collins has decided to show his face again. Very tough loss for the Titans. Hopefully Pitts isn't hurt too bad.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #88
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice win Congrats ....
Thats all we get FLAMER??????? NICE WIN?!?!?!!? You need to be dining on crow the rest of the week for this one.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #89
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
exanstay areway oinggay otay etgay uriedbay. itanstay illway
inway ybay otway oresscay. exanstay illway avehay omentsmay.
itanstay illway uleray ethay ayday.

Texans 34
the 0-2 tinnsbreadspay 31
you ostlay lipa lameoray amd please tell all your relatives at LP to brush their tooth I can smell it from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
The Texans will have a few big plays, both through the air and on the ground. CJ/LenDale will be able to move the ball and Collins should have time to pick the defense apart. We probably will fail to score in the redzone a few times and the game will be closer than it should be. Titans loose.
Fixed it for ya.

Quote:
I have a feeling the Titans will be looking for a little vengance and we will take it out on the Texans.
How did they take vengance?
Quote:
So I have to ask:

Do any of you think the Jets D is as good as the Titans or Steelers D?

Do any of you think that the Steelers or Titans offense is worst then the Jets?

If you answered yes to either of the questions above don't post and find some yahoo board to post on.

Assuming you said no to each of the questions above what makes you think you have a chance against a team that took the top D in the NFL into OT based on 2 missed FGs that is returning home?

Haven't seen many of the cow fans over on our board .... confidence seems pretty low.
Why would ivist a board that is probably still using dial up...or a hamster to power their boards. As I have said I am Texans fan and I visit the Texans sites... I wonder how many Titnas fans will bhe here this year after this game......
Old 09-20-2009   #90
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
31-12 Titans
38-36 Titans
28-20 Titans
28-22 Titans
26-20 Titans (OT)

Those are the last 5 games played between the teams before the December match-up last year. In only one of those games did the Titans score more field goals than touchdowns. Don't take a big play off defense away just to prove a point, good teams make big plays when they need them the most.

So that is 2 games in the past six, both in Houston, where Bironas has scored most of the points. Also, before last December the Titans had scored no less than 26 points.. what exactly is your interpretation of "light it up?" I'd say the Titans have done very well in the scoring department.

I only went back that far because you seemed to do so, don't get all crazy about me living in the past with those stats.

I won't post the links this time, but you only furthered the trend in trying to make Tennessee one-dimensional last season. Teams tried to do that all year and only two had success in terms of winning (against our starters, I'm going to throw out the Indy game in wk 17). The Jets held them to 45 yards rushing and won, and you guys gave up 100 (but shouldn't have been that high). Those stats are impressive considering what was accomplished on the ground last year.

The Bears game comes to mind, though. The Titans were held to only 20yds rushing and still won (w/o scoring on defense or FGs.) There were 8 games last year where they were held under 120yds rushing total and lost two of them (again throwing out the Indy game.) They ran very effectively against Baltimore in the playoffs until CJ left the game in the 2nd quarter.

In the past 6 games, AJ has 2 games over 100yds and three touchdowns. However, only three of those games were played with Matt Schaub. You act like the guy has made his Pro Bowls against the Titans.

Just looking at last year vs said Irishman, he had 2rec 29yds (in Tenn) and 11 rec 207yds 1td. Maybe he only plays well at home .

His home is beating ole corty. Try this one one for size AJ had 149 2 TDs He would have gotten more if ole Corty hadnt decided to mount him. ( The ball was uncatchable because the fake Irishman was dry humping AJ.)
Quote:
That was just in response to Spurs, he got a little excited in some of those statements.

I expect this game to be close, at least until the end. I don't care what the Texans offense did last week, we know what they can do. AJ is always a scary guy to see lined up and Slaton was damn near impossible to tackle in both games. Schaub has to stay protected, though. David Tornton may miss this one so Owen Dainels may see his role expanded a bit. Is Walter for sure a go?

The Titans offense is better, I've thought it would be all off-season and I think a little of it showed against Pitt (I know 10 points). If the Texans are again successful against the run I have more confidence in the receivers, including Jared Cook, than last year.

I'm looking forward to this one, I expect the winner to have better 3rd down stats and, of course, less turnovers; two things the Titans did not do well last December.
The games are always close and that was my point responding to Bipolar lameay.
Quote:
Nice win Congrats ....
Cmon dude....do you know the stuff we would be hearing from you guys if yall had won and thats all you got.. How bout I was wrong ....man my team sucks...the bully got beat or man those people at LP look like they are all from the same family tree. AJ once again torched the fake Irishman. Matt Schaub is relieved that Haynesworth is in Wash.

you were wrong....WRONG WRONG WRONG. The Texans are rising and the Titans just suck.
Old 09-20-2009   #91
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Speaking of burning corty...I just saw a highlight of AJ running into the endzone and guess who had the closest view of AJ....hmmmmm cany anyone guess or show me a pic?
Old 09-20-2009   #92
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

road back to Houston

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #93
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
road back to Houston

Screw that... on to St. Louis for me next week.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #94
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Bipolar, why don't you actually post your thoughts on the game instead of just trying to muddy the waters. I thought you were the one Titans fan that was decent enough to actually hold a conversation with about the match ups and stuff like that, and then you come over here and post this, without any real analysis.
it's just a silly prediction thread.

See me in the regular talk forum soon.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=11

in case it was missed^

congrats guys.
Old 09-20-2009   #95
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I'm butting in somewhat, but we have a number of sections for the serious stuff, so can we lighten up a bit and not have to analyze smack talk. All smiles.
thank you.
Old 09-20-2009   #96
Bulluck53
All Pro

Big win for you guys. Texans OL completely dominated the DL today and I certainly wasn't expecting that. Titans seemed to focus on stopping the rush and succeeded in that, but damn Schaub had all kinds of time back there and picked the DBs apart. AJ simply abused Nick Harper today, he may just have lost his career beyond this year.

Great offensive showing by both teams, both were aided by ineptness on defense. Titans got big plays off mis-communications and just bad defense (all three CJ tds). Houston got big play after big play, sometimes stemming from the same (AJs long td, Jones' big play in the 4th). Both teams had tds that were good plays (Washington's and AJ's first). If you had told me the Titans would score 31 all on offense I would have guaranteed a win. That's crazy.

I guess that would have been a fun game to watch as an outsider, but I was sick throughout. Just a poor defensive performance that the Titans are going to need to fix before heading up to New Jersey or they'll return 0-3.

Again, good win that should act as a springboard for the next few weeks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read