Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-18-2009   #81
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pickem - 2009

its friday...don't forget your picks this weekend!!! Good luck to all of you!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #82
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Just finished. Thanks!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #83
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Got mine in, some tough calls this week.
Old 09-18-2009   #84
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That Baltimore/SD game is tough.

Also, even with McNabb out, I'm having a hard time picking NO to win that game at Philly.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #85
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Also, even with McNabb out, I'm having a hard time picking NO to win that game at Philly.
Yeah...i think I had a harder time picking this week than last week. I think there will be some movement in the standings this week.
Old 09-18-2009   #86
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, and I have the Baltimore/SD game in double digits in confidence points. Shows you how much confidence I have in some other teams this week.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #87
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Those two and Dallas/Giants and Falcons/Dolphins could go either way also.
Old 09-18-2009   #88
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Those two and Dallas/Giants and Falcons/Dolphins could go either way also.
Falcons beat the Dolphins last week. They have the Panthers this week. Dolphins play Indy Monday
Old 09-18-2009   #89
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Falcons beat the Dolphins last week. They have the Panthers this week. Dolphins play Indy Monday
Oops got confused on that one......too much data
Old 09-18-2009   #90
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Just joined. Hope I can catch up.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #91
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Just joined. Hope I can catch up.
Its possible...
Old 09-18-2009   #92
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have not made my pick yet...but I will always pick the Texans to win...my confidence may be high...or low, depending on who we play.

As for this game...I pick the Texans...with a confidence of 4. After last weeks play, I am NOT too confident. A win this weekend would help alot though.
actually, i have a new strategy. i pick *AGAINST* the texans. that way, if they win, i am happy. if they lose, the sting is abated marginally because my fantasy points racked up.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #93
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I always pick the Texans. (Except by the halfway point of the 2-14 season.)

Not exactly the smartest strategy in the world but it's my strategy.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #94
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
actually, i have a new strategy. i pick *AGAINST* the texans. that way, if they win, i am happy. if they lose, the sting is abated marginally because my fantasy points racked up.
Pretty much what I do as well.
Old 09-19-2009   #95
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I always pick the Texans. (Except by the halfway point of the 2-14 season.)

Not exactly the smartest strategy in the world but it's my strategy.
I pick them when I think they will win. That's pretty much my overall strategy behind picking teams that I think will win for the most part. Now that the cat's out of the bag I hope this game doesn't get too competitive now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #96
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I pick them when I think they will win. That's pretty much my overall strategy behind picking teams that I think will win for the most part. Now that the cat's out of the bag I hope this game doesn't get too competitive now.
Well I do that too, just doesn't happen as often as we would like
Old 09-19-2009   #97
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My picks am in. But I'll probably make some adjustments tomorrow morning when the real injury reports come out.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #98
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Me too. But very often, even when I think they should win, I don't have the brass ones to give them a bunch of confidence points.
I never know who will show up.

Edit:
I have adopted the rickyb and Hardcore strategy. I'm picking against them in hopes that my bad Karma will help them win.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 09-20-2009 at 11:03 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #99
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I have the Titans with 7 confidence points. The only reason I won't go higher is because I don't want it to happen.
I've never been happier to be wrong... Big win today!
Old 09-20-2009   #100
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Those 15 confidence pts I put on the Texans are feeling pretty good right now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read