Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone notice Jacoby Jones get off bench when D. Anderson sat by him?

Towards the end of the game (definitely in 2nd half). It was a quick sideline shot and David sits down and Jacoby very quickly gets up and leaves. At first, I thought JJ might be getting ready for a punt return...but the Jets were nowhere near 4th down when it happened.

Just was thinking about it, and wondered if anybody else caught it.

To me, it wasn't a coincidence. And then the next thing I see...Jacoby is standing directly behind Kubiak. Maybe Jacoby wants on the field as a WR more. It was just very weird.
Old 09-13-2009   #2
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone notice Jacoby Jones get off bench when D. Anderson sat by him?

Did not really notice. My head was looking at the ground for most of the second half.
Old 09-13-2009   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Anyone notice Jacoby Jones get off bench when D. Anderson sat by him?

I was sitting next to a few tens of thousands of Saints fans, so I didn't notice either.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. I hear ya' bro.

I actually tried to take off my shoe and throw it at the TV when Steve fumbled the ball so close to the end zone. My wife was laughing at me so hard.

And, well, it was pretty funny to see this grown man trying to take his shoe off to throw it at a TV screen. I couldn't get the damn thing off, either.

I guess I should make a tweet and apologize for not being able to get my shoe off of my foot. I just couldn't "execute" today, and this one's on me.

:podiumtapping:
Old 09-13-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

To me JJ is not that good and nedded to be cut a long time ago
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ impressed me this pre-season, he showed me he's been working on routes and ball security. I can understand him having a heated rivalry with another WR.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
JJ impressed me this pre-season, he showed me he's been working on routes and ball security. I can understand him having a heated rivalry with another WR.
See, that's what I'm saying.

I think he's genuinely trying to make a case that he needs to be on the field.

He DID do a good job this preseason. And there's been no extra-curricular shenanigans by him this year.

LOL. At some point, if we're going to keep the guy on the roster...he needs to get out there and once-and-for-all be able to play some.

We're predictable in so many ways it's not even funny.
Old 09-14-2009   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he just doesn't find DA as amusing as some of the fans think.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Maybe he just doesn't find DA as amusing as some of the fans think.
Either that or Jacoby was the punch line. LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what's funny about DA? That he's used as a blocker hahahahaha....Maybe Jacoby wants to be the super-secret motion guy who nobody, especially not the defense on the field or the fans in the stand paying the slightest bit of attention expects to stop at the end of the line for 3 seconds before the ball is hiked to be used as an extra blocker to really pound the ball in for -2 yards.

Maybe I'm just not getting the joke but I don't think he's all that funny. Conan's string dance omg LOLzors.!!!!!!!!!1 And last time I remember Jacoby on the field he was running in a huge TD pass. He had a couple decent returns yesterday too. I guess we weren't really going for down the field though, I mean we had one pass over 20+ yards to OD when AJ/AD have about as good of a chance to plain burn past the defense as anyone.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Best I know, JJ and DA are good friends. FWIW.
Old 09-14-2009   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Best I know, JJ and DA are good friends. FWIW.
Like any of them should have been happy.
Old 09-14-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe JJ should've played more. When Schaub had his .752 of a second to throw the ball, it was obvious KW was missed. The under and crossing routes are not AD's thing.
Old 09-14-2009   #14
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe DA told him to get off his arse and tell the coaches he wanted to get in some WR time........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read