Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #21
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair Owes Me an Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
What makes you so sure they know how to win? Not being a jerk, just wondering why.
Good question. But I know that Smith puts a good product on the field. I know that players love Kubiak. The questions is why it doesn't all come together. Maybe Kubiak needs to grab some jerseys (or better yet, neckties of coaches) and scream in some faces. I'm not pleased with what I saw of the team today. But because of the past 2 years, the offense gets a 1-game pass. The defense, however, has been "upgraded" every year for years and still stinks it up. Frank Bush promised an aggressive attack of the quarterbacks, yet only rushed the front four for 99% of the game today against a ROOKIE. That is just head-scratching. You bring the HOUSE on a rookie QB in his first game. Anything less is pathetic. I now question - as I did Richard Smith before him - Bush and his pathetically lame rush-only-your-front-four defense. You don't have a good enough front four to do that, DESPITE 3 wasted draft picks on that position.

Kubiak has 7 more games to prove to me he can win. After that, I'm done. And even that is probably too much leniency.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #22
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a smashmouth football team. Not a pu$$y finesse team.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

In this thread and in others I've seen people mention that we might finish the first quarter of the season with a 1-3 record as oppposed to the 3-1 that we'd all hoped for. I find myself wondering what makes so many people think we can beat the Oakland Raiders. Last time I saw them they were using the Texans like Kleenex and the Texans were predictably doing nothing about it.

0-4 is coming my friends. 0-4 is coming.
Old 09-13-2009   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow the stats dont lie

I agree with u after Wk2 if we lose i wouldnt mind a Coaching change

Shanhan Maybe
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Did we win any part of the game ?
The coin toss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
The coin toss.
Nope. We lost that and the Jets just gave us the ball because they knew they were going to beat our ass.
Old 09-13-2009   #27
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Nope. We lost that and the Jets just gave us the ball because they knew they were going to beat our ass.
HaHaHa - We decline. We're just going to beat their ass. It's cool.

On a crappy day - that post deserves rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #28
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I have season tickets. But hey Bob, feel free to offer refunds.
Refund? Hell, I'd be happy if they just didn't raise the prices again. Its seems like every year, no matter how bad the team is, I pay a little bit more for tickets.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Did we win any part of the game ?
last time I checked, the main part of the game to win is the scoreboard. The Texans weren't in the game yesterday and really not in control of any facet of the 3 hour exercise as far as I can tell.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's not Bob's fault. Gary "It's on me" Kubiak was out-coached,out-toughed (I know this isn't a word but this team obviously lacks toughness, but I'm sure proud of Gary's "kids"....too bad they are playing "Men") and out-schemed again. It's really nothing new and getting old in a hurry.
Yep and I think I am beginning to get de-sensitized. We are in big trouble next week.
Old 09-14-2009   #31
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
In this thread and in others I've seen people mention that we might finish the first quarter of the season with a 1-3 record as oppposed to the 3-1 that we'd all hoped for. I find myself wondering what makes so many people think we can beat the Oakland Raiders. Last time I saw them they were using the Texans like Kleenex and the Texans were predictably doing nothing about it.

0-4 is coming my friends. 0-4 is coming.
For some reason I am just stupid enough to think we have a chance still against Jax and Oakland, I really don't know why I can even think that way after yesterday's heartless display. 0-2 is un-avoidable IMO. Maybe Kubes thinks it is still preseason?
Old 09-14-2009   #32
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Wow the stats dont lie

I agree with u after Wk2 if we lose i wouldnt mind a Coaching change

Shanhan Maybe
Shanahan is not worth firing Kubiak this year for. Maybe after his contract is up if Shanny is still available and Kubes still hasn't shown anything. The only coach I really see that would truly be a better option than Kubiak right away is Cowher. And I think Cowher is only interested in a team like the Giants (big-market, deep pockets, great defense already in place), not a small market team like the Texans.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My 7 yo son asked me if it would be o.k. to root for another team. He assured me that it would not be the Titans or Cowboys. He just wants to be a fan for a winning team, and I can't say that I blame him. The Texans have sucked his entire life. I think he's leaning towards the Steelers. I've got nothing to convince him otherwise. That's just sad.
Old 09-14-2009   #34
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My 7 yo son asked me if it would be o.k. to root for another team. He assured me that it would not be the Titans or Cowboys. He just wants to be a fan for a winning team, and I can't say that I blame him. The Texans have sucked his entire life. I think he's leaning towards the Steelers. I've got nothing to convince him otherwise. That's just sad.
that is truly sad to hear, db....but i don't blame the boy. at least he knows not to support the Titans. Maybe push him towards the Saints. They are somewhat regional and they are not conference foes of the Texans...not as if the Texans are ever relevant to the Steelers..but still.
Old 09-14-2009   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
that is truly sad to hear, db....but i don't blame the boy. at least he knows not to support the Titans. Maybe push him towards the Saints. They are somewhat regional and they are not conference foes of the Texans...not as if the Texans are ever relevant to the Steelers..but still.
He said he'll always root for the Texans (mainly because of me), but he saw/heard enough of me and my buddy yesterday to be convinced that this team has some deep issues to fix. He watched the Steelers beat the Titans last Thursday, so they are on his mind (and they're the reigning champs).

I'm not sure I want him to see next week's game against Tennessee based upon that pathetic performance from yesterday. Evacuate the women and children in times of disaster is my mantra. I've seen this sinking ship before....unfortunately.
Old 09-14-2009   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I understand what you're going through, DB. My son isn't much of a fan of the Texans either. I think he enjoys the Bears the most because of their defense. He played LB in Jr High so he watched a lot of Urlacher. That was when Brian was kickind butt and in his prime. I try to tell him how much better D-Ryans is compared to Brian (now), he ain't having any of it.

I don't blame him either

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read