Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-11-2009   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Start Em/Sit Em

Use this thread to ask the great members of TexansTalk on advice forw ho to start and who to sit.

Me, for this week, should i start Eli Manning(vs WAS) or Chad Pennington(@ ATL). Eli has very little success against the Redskins so i'm kind of torn between the two.
Old 09-11-2009   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Start Em/Sit Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Use this thread to ask the great members of TexansTalk on advice forw ho to start and who to sit.

Me, for this week, should i start Eli Manning(vs WAS) or Chad Pennington(@ ATL). Eli has very little success against the Redskins so i'm kind of torn between the two.
Very difficult choice. I would probably lean towards Pennington.

Who would you start? Derrick Ward or Cedric Benson? Ward looks to run by committee and Benson, well, is Cedric Benson. Also, would you start Jay Cutler or Aaron Rodgers and the Chicago Defense or the Tampa Bay Defense? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2009   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

As for the QB situation, i'd definitely go with Rodgers. He threw for about 500yards and 4 tds in two games against the bears last year, and the bears secondary hasnt gotten any better. And i'd probably go with Benson just because he will get most of the load
Old 09-11-2009   #4
Ckw

Quote:
As for the QB situation, i'd definitely go with Rodgers. He threw for about 500yards and 4 tds in two games against the bears last year, and the bears secondary hasnt gotten any better. And i'd probably go with Benson just because he will get most of the load
Thanks man. That was exactly what I was thinking. And if Rodgers is going to torch the Bears secondary like we both think he will, then I should probably start Tampa Bay's defense. Rep your way.
Old 09-12-2009   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 31193 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would go with Pennington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Very difficult choice. I would probably lean towards Pennington.

Who would you start? Derrick Ward or Cedric Benson? Ward looks to run by committee and Benson, well, is Cedric Benson. Also, would you start Jay Cutler or Aaron Rodgers and the Chicago Defense or the Tampa Bay Defense? Thanks!
I have Cutler and Rodgers also, without a doubt I'm going with Rodgers. I also drafted Ward but I'm really scared to play him week 1. I sure didn't expect to see a healthy Cadillac when I drafted him. Supposedly they are going to have a 3 headed monster with Graham stealing GL carries. I would start Benson against a weak Denver defense and wait and see on Ward.
Old 09-12-2009   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Pennington.

Question: Flex Sproles @ Oakland, or Carnell Williams vs. Cowboys.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Pennington.

Question: Flex Sproles @ Oakland, or Carnell Williams vs. Cowboys.
I'd play Sproles against Oakland. First, you know - the Raiders. Second, who knows who's going to emerge as the #1 in Tampa?

I've got one:

Felix Jones against Tampa, or Darren McFadden against San Diego.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2009   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sproles. I think he will get 50 yards and a TD
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #9
Ckw

Sproles

Diehard, I would go with McFadden. The guy was pretty decent when healthy and should be better this year. But its a tough decision. Felix Jones looked good last year too.
Old 09-12-2009   #10
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'd play Sproles against Oakland. First, you know - the Raiders. Second, who knows who's going to emerge as the #1 in Tampa?

I've got one:

Wow, thats a good one. McFadden should be the #1, but Oakland isnt the best team offensively, and is going against a pretty dang good defense. San Diego was 11th last season against the run.

Felix is the #2 explosive change of pace back. Tampa was 19th against the run last season.

It really is a coin toss. As a change of pace back, what can you expect? 50-70 yards and a TD? I would expect at least 70 yards and a TD from McFadden.

I would go with the #1 RB even for a below average team, over a #2 RB for a above average team. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Wow, thats a good one. McFadden should be the #1, but Oakland isnt the best team offensively, and is going against a pretty dang good defense. San Diego was 11th last season against the run.

Felix is the #2 explosive change of pace back. Tampa was 19th against the run last season.

It really is a coin toss. As a change of pace back, what can you expect? 50-70 yards and a TD? I would expect at least 70 yards and a TD from McFadden.

I would go with the #1 RB even for a below average team, over a #2 RB for a above average team. Hope this helps.
DMac has been named the starter... but like you said - tough defense. That said, as HORRIBLY EMBARRASSING TO THE UNIVERSE as the Raiders are, they are actually a very good running team with a very good run-blocking offensive line.

I'm leaning toward DMac, but the Bucs are SO BAD, and I think the Cowboys are going to smarten up this year and become the running team they SHOULD have been all this time.

I dunno. I guess I still have a lot of time to wring my hands about it, LOL.

Thanks guys.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-14-2009   #12
Blake
MMQB

Quote:

I've got one:

Sproles is gonna have to play like a man on a mission if he wants to beat out Carnell Williams 100 yards and a TD.

And good call on our call for DMac over Felix (20 yards 0 TD's). Im sure he will get more than that.
Old 09-15-2009   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Question: Would you start Carnell Williams or Derrick Ward?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #14
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Thats a toss up...both would do alright against the Bills D since they were both pretty productive against Dallas....who's your other RB's?
Old 09-15-2009   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Thats a toss up...both would do alright against the Bills D since they were both pretty productive against Dallas....who's your other RB's?
My other starting RB's are Steve Slaton & Thomas Jones.
Old 09-15-2009   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
I think TB will ride Williams until he's hurt again. They had equal carries against Dallas, but if I'm not mistaken Williams had a MUCH bigger YPC.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-15-2009   #17
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My other starting RB's are Steve Slaton & Thomas Jones.

Yeah go with Jones and Williams.....
Old 09-15-2009   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think TB will ride Williams until he's hurt again. They had equal carries against Dallas, but if I'm not mistaken Williams had a MUCH bigger YPC.
Yeah, Carnell had a better YPC. He only had one more carry though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Yeah go with Jones and Williams.....
Does that mean you would sit Slaton?
Old 09-16-2009   #19
Blake
MMQB

Pick three. DeAngelo Williams @ ATL. Ronnie Brown vs. IND. Carnell Williams and Derrick Ward @ BUF.

Darren Sproles vs BAL, LeSean McCoy vs NO, and Ricky Williams vs IND will be on the bench.

I have DeAngelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Cadillac Williams penciled in as the starters.
Old 09-16-2009   #20
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Carnell Williams. They say they want to limit him to 15 carries a game. I doubt Ward gets 15 carries, and Williams looked pretty good out there. Actually I would start both of them if I didnt have stacked RB's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read