Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009   #101
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Before today I had not even considered dumping Kubiak, but after this pathetic performance I am ready to sign the Hire Bill Cowher petition letter. I would not be this upset if we had lost a close game, but we just got dominated in every facet of the game. I am even more upset that I watched the whole debacle. I can only think of a handful of players to keep for next season and Schaub, Okoye and Chris Meyers are not on that list.
Old 09-13-2009   #102
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

That stung, I am still in a daze.

As others have mentioned I too was watching him on the sidelines while the kids were playing, and was waiting for him to break out orange slices and hand out ribbons.

Kubiak's BS press conference put me over the edge. I could not believe what I heard. It is time for him to gracefully step aside, take some time off with the family and get his head straight - he simply is not ready to be a head coach, in this town, at this time. Well, maybe he could just take the week off leading up to a game with an aggressive defense, but that would leave us with Kubiak lite.

The issue is, where is the check on Kubiak? Is it Smith? Is it McNair? Because right now, Kubiak needs to coach the offense and be accountable for something other than preparing the team to be soft.
Old 09-13-2009   #103
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Meyers was man handled by Jenkins all day. Schaub looked like $hit. Slaton was horrible. The defense continued missing tackles as usual. The game was a complete embarrassment to the city of Houston. We will have to hear about how great Sanchez is all week only to watch another team make him look like a scared rookie and destroy him. Sorry Kubiak but you had that deer in the headlights look today.
Old 09-13-2009   #104
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
That stung, I am still in a daze.

As others have mentioned I too was watching him on the sidelines while the kids were playing, and was waiting for him to break out orange slices and hand out ribbons.

Kubiak's BS press conference put me over the edge. I could not believe what I heard. It is time for him to gracefully step aside, take some time off with the family and get his head straight - he simply is not ready to be a head coach, in this town, at this time. Well, maybe he could just take the week off leading up to a game with an aggressive defense, but that would leave us with Kubiak lite.

The issue is, where is the check on Kubiak? Is it Smith? Is it McNair? Because right now, Kubiak needs to coach the offense and be accountable for something other than preparing the team to be soft.
This is Kubiaks 4th year with no mention of a contract extension leading up to this season. Maybe he is hoping to get fired so he can coach in Dallas next year with Pappa Shanny.

Old 09-13-2009   #105
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

This is kind of what terrifies me as a fan, actually. OK, Kubiak is responsible, so fire him. Who's responsible for Kubiak? Rick Smith? I don't think so. Fire him anyway. OK, at the end of all that, you still haven't solved the problem, because Kubiak is not the one coaching the players that are showing the worst results. I think we'd all agree that Kubiak is/has coached Schaub and the offensive skill position players. Today notwithstanding, they've done better than anyone else on the team.

We don't control the LOS at all. Well, Alex Gibbs has had success everywhere but here. Kollar, Franklin, Bush, Smith, Rhodes .... they all coach defense. Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen? I don't care if we lose Kubiak, but I am worried that it won't solve anything. And that is a scary thought.
Old 09-13-2009   #106
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Having to live in San Antonio due to work, I can say that you guys aren't alone in pissed off fans at their coach. Im not a Cowboys fan, but that is pretty much all that is talked around here and they ride Wade's ass hard all day everyday about how he coaches and how he treats his players. I just seem to see a correlation between both Kube's and his ho hum attitude and the way Wade does the same thing.
Old 09-13-2009   #107
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't help but laugh by now

last time Rex Ryans defense was against Kubiak

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ravens&page=32
Old 09-13-2009   #108
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one wouldnt mind Shanhan Its the same phlosphys and the transition would be easy get the Guy who taught our coach

Or hey maybe BIll cower will come in and at least help us

if a wk1 rookie head coach came in and owned us i dont see the big deal

If a gear is not woking lets fix it with another gear iam all for changing HC after wk 1
Old 09-13-2009   #109
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

This has got to be one of the weakest threads I've ever seen in here.

Over half the posters in here have sworn by Kubiak as the next Fisher or Bill Cowher ever since I've been in this forum. Hell, I've been cursed at and insulted a number of times for talking about how Kubiak isn't about shit as a HC and how he was nothing but average, and after one game all of the Kubiak worshipers want him canned now? Boy how the worms can turn.

Sorry guys, this looks weak coming from a lot of you that have sworn Kubes was the man for so long now and gone on and on about how how him and Smith were such a great tandem of a HC and GM and how they were doing everything right by "building this team slowly."
Old 09-13-2009   #110
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

noway with shanahan .. first bad game, it would be the same ole threads fire Mike.. we need a different system etc etc
Old 09-13-2009   #111
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This has got to be one of the weakest threads I've ever seen in here.

Over half the posters in here have sworn by Kubiak as the next Fisher or Bill Cowher ever since I've been in this forum. Hell, I've been cursed at and insulted a number of times for talking about how Kubiak isn't about shit as a HC and how he was nothing but average, and after one game all of the Kubiak worshipers want him canned now? Boy how the worms can turn.

Sorry guys, this looks weak coming from a lot of you that have sworn Kubes was the man for so long now and gone on and on about how how him and Smith were such a great tandem of a HC and GM and how they were doing everything right by "building this team slowly."
Welcome to my ignore list. It's been a long time coming.
Old 09-13-2009   #112
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I ROL my way through this thread. No one really knows what to do with this team or what would work. I mean no one. Everyone is to blame for the loss today except the cheerleaders, waterboy, and Toro. This team is a mess. A real mess from top to bottom. The next thing we'll be hearing is oh, don't worry the secondary will play better when Reevs comes back or the passing game will be better once Walter is back. I'm tired of it all tired of the lame reasons this team gives after every single loss. Shanny is too young to be calling the plays. The team needs a spark in the ass the thing is the don't have that attitude guy with mean streak as in a Ray Lewis or a Peppers. I don't know is keeping or letting Gary go is what should be done none of us are. They play lack luster and we don't know why that is but I'm about ready for Bob to fire everyone in that FO having to do with team operations.
Old 09-13-2009   #113
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Welcome to my ignore list. It's been a long time coming.
The classic "welcome to my ignore list" post. Lol!

Real impressive Herv.

Sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous to turn on your boy after one game, when just a few weeks ago Kubes was thought of as this great coach and a god around here that we were so lucky to have by so many people.

The irony in this after one game is simply crazy. So much confidence has been put into Kubiak by so many posters that I've seen in here that wouldn't even hear it if you questioned this guy as a HC, and now after one game some of you want him canned?? Amazing.
Old 09-13-2009   #114
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This is kind of what terrifies me as a fan, actually. OK, Kubiak is responsible, so fire him. Who's responsible for Kubiak? Rick Smith? I don't think so. Fire him anyway. OK, at the end of all that, you still haven't solved the problem, because Kubiak is not the one coaching the players that are showing the worst results. I think we'd all agree that Kubiak is/has coached Schaub and the offensive skill position players. Today notwithstanding, they've done better than anyone else on the team.

We don't control the LOS at all. Well, Alex Gibbs has had success everywhere but here. Kollar, Franklin, Bush, Smith, Rhodes .... they all coach defense. Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen? I don't care if we lose Kubiak, but I am worried that it won't solve anything. And that is a scary thought.
It is frustrating. Kubiak is a good offensive coach, history is on his side, and we have seen him develop the offense since taking over in 2006. I understand he is not a rah-rah guy, and teams do win without that BS. But his philosophy and demeanor are so entrenched I am not sure who has the balls on the staff to challenge him or the role description to make a change or put him on notice.

I have always been a firm believer in running your stuff, but aggressive defenses have shown us that they can take away our whole game plan. What it boils down to is, that Kubiak is a horrible when it comes to adjustments and clock management. We need a head coach, not a developer of coordinators.
Old 09-13-2009   #115
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
It is frustrating. Kubiak is a good offensive coach, history is on his side, and we have seen him develop the offense since taking over in 2006. I understand he is not a rah-rah guy, and teams do win without that BS. But his philosophy and demeanor are so entrenched I am not sure who has the balls on the staff to challenge him or the role description to make a change or put him on notice.

I have always been a firm believer in running your stuff, but aggressive defenses have shown us that they can take away our whole game plan. What it boils down to is, that Kubiak is a horrible when it comes to adjustments and clock management. We need a head coach, not a developer of coordinators.
I don't even think he's a developer of coordinators. I just think he's an OC who's in over his head. So that's reason enough to fire him. But the team's problems run deeper than that. Firing Kubiak only fixes one small part of the equation - it opens a spot for someone else. Then that someone else comes in and has to do something with the players. And I'm not convinced that 7 of our 11 defensive starters should be out there as starters. And I'm also not convinced that 3 of our 5 starting OL should be out there as starters. Hell, I'm not convinced that Schaub is ever going to be the guy that reads a pre-snap blitz and makes the necessary adjustment at the line.
Old 09-13-2009   #116
Ckw

I for one have been a major Kubiak supporter. But this game definitely has me questioning him. The thing that pisses me off the most is why the hell doesn't he let his QB audible? Is he that freakin arrogant that he thinks every play he/Shanny calls is the right play?!? If his QB is too stupid to read a freakin defense, shouldn't he find a new QB? If this is the case, I do want Kubiak gone. Can anyone name another successful coach that refused to allow his QB to audible out of the play?

Old 09-13-2009   #117
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I for one have been a major Kubiak supporter. But this game definitely has me questioning him. The thing that pisses me off the most is why the hell doesn't he let his QB audible? Is he that freakin arrogant that he thinks every play he/Shanny calls is the right play?!? If his QB is too stupid to read a freakin defense, shouldn't he find a new QB? If this is the case, I do want Kubiak gone. Can anyone name another successful coach that refused to allow his QB to audible out of the play?
Like that one time when Schaub wasn't getting the play in from the headset or from the sideline, and he stood there begging to get the play from someone.

Did it ever occur to him to just get in the F%$@#@! huddle, like a QB should, and call a play that he thought might work?

Nooooooo....that would have been mutiny, I suppose.

I mean, seriously: This looked like we just threw a team together in the past two months and faced the Patriots or something.

Did the team spend this week high on LSD? Did they think they could really pull off a win with the kind of strategy that they employed all day today?

They acted like everything was supposed to just start working on its own, by default, and at some point things would just magically start clicking. It had all the marks of players not being mentally ready. And that has been my singular gripe against Kubiak: Lack of intensity/focus/preparedness on game day.
Old 09-13-2009   #118
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This team needs the terminator to come into their team meeting this week and raise hell period.
Old 09-13-2009   #119
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
how do you get through life being this stupid? How did you even manage to navigate to this website?

I just dont see how it is feasible for someone of such low intellect to find us here... finding the Texans website I can understand..if you bang your face against the keyboard long enough I imagine there is a slim chance you might find the homepage.. but Texanstalk? and into the forum no less? color me baffled.

YOu had to have had help getting here...which means that someone who ISNT dumb enough to want to fire our coach in week one helped you to find this website...and whoever it is that did that, I just want to say shame on you. Im all for equal rights and the proper treatment of the intellectually challenged...but this is a place to have fun..all this arm flailing and running around in circles screaming is an unnecessary distraction.
Go to hell Grid. You must have been the loser calling in to the post game show saying Kubiak was a good guy. LAME!!!
Old 09-13-2009   #120
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Like that one time when Schaub wasn't getting the play in from the headset or from the sideline, and he stood there begging to get the play from someone.

Did it ever occur to him to just get in the F%$@#@! huddle, like a QB should, and call a play that he thought might work?

Nooooooo....that would have been mutiny, I suppose.

I mean, seriously: This looked like we just threw a team together in the past two months and faced the Patriots or something.

Did the team spend this week high on LSD? Did they think they could really pull off a win with the kind of strategy that they employed all day today?

They acted like everything was supposed to just start working on its own, by default, and at some point things would just magically start clicking. It had all the marks of players not being mentally ready. And that has been my singular gripe against Kubiak: Lack of intensity/focus/preparedness on game day.
And that is what I am trying to figure out. Does Kubiak not want his QBs to have more control because he thinks they are too stupid to handle the responsibility? Or is Kubiak so arrogant that he believes whatever he calls will work, and there is no need for the QB to change the play? Either way, I don't like it. Even if we make the playoffs, this is something that has to be addressed.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read