Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009   #81
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

With all of these "fire" threads, it looks like an episode of B&B in here, lol.

"Kubes", needs to step it up this season, or its time for him to move on IMO.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
Old 09-13-2009   #82
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

After the Jets took the 2nd half kickoff and drove the field for a TD to make it 17-zip, I looked to the sidelines to see what Kubiak was doing. I thought he might be chewing out some players, maybe some coaches. Something.

Nope. He was standing about 20 yards from anyone else, reading what looked to be a Denny's laminated menu. So with nothing worth seeing on the field, I decided to watch Kubiak for the rest of the game. Maybe he was looking for answers. Or maybe he was deciding between the patty melt or possibly fool everyone and go for the Lumberjack Slam. Only his waitress knows for sure.

Did Kubiak ever rejoin the team, coach up some players, get in the face of some assistants? Ever? Nope. He just starred down that menu for the rest of the half, other than checking on an injured Shaun Cody late in the game. In a very disinterested fashion. I've never seen a coach take a beating like the Texans took, and seem so unemotional and detached.

Gary Kubiak. Dead Coach Walking. And it's only Week One. Try the migas, Gary. Extra jalapenos. You need some fire in your belly.
Old 09-13-2009   #83
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lord why are people still mentioning Cowher here? The guy is never coming to Houston and we aren't even on his radar.

For many of the Kubiak worshipers in here, it's pretty weak to be wanting him fired after one game after so many arguments and arguments of what a great coach he is and how he was going to be the next Jeff Fisher and all and how crazy some of us were told we were for saying that the guy wasn't all that.

Newsflash, Kubes has never been a great coach here and probably never will. People bought into this guy because he was a hot name at the time when Capers was fired.
Old 09-13-2009   #84
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
With all of these "fire" threads, it looks like an episode of B&B in here, lol.

"Kubes", needs to step it up this season, or its time for him to move on IMO.
He needs to be gone yesterday
Old 09-13-2009   #85
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

When Kubiak is fired, who do the Texans bring in? Is it best to do it now, early in the season or wait until the end of the season?

If I was Bob McNair, I would be on the phone with Bill Cowher and ask him what he would do as Texans coach. Let him know that Kubiak will be gone soon and to start formulating his ideas............And oh yeah, how much money he wants.

Kubiak has no competitive spirit, he has no drive, he has no heart. He is a lousy uninspiring coach.

There, I feel better.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-13-2009   #86
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Im not on board with firing anyone (except Myers), but if we did, who is out there right now that we could hire? Cowher won't come either, so let's hear some other names from you guys being the most vocal.
Mike Shanahan. Everything is already set up for that to happen. Other than his offense already being in place, the chance to work with his son would be the most attractive reason.
Old 09-13-2009   #87
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary "It's on me" Kubiak. I'm starting to believe him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 09-13-2009   #88
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Gary "It's on me" Kubiak. I'm starting to believe him.
at least when I coached, we didn't "execute "

Old 09-13-2009   #89
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been rooting for Kubiak but today's loss was definitely a gut check. I tend to agree with Herv's take that we beat up on the sorry sacks and get thumped by the big boys (the large majority of the time). I might have been too patient on this one, it looks bad right now.

Another thing, how on earth did it take this long for Rex Ryan to land a HC gig. Wow, just wow. He and his team look like they are headed for big things, if not this year in the near future. I am envious.
Old 09-13-2009   #90
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think firing Kubiak would help either. I doubt our owner and GM have the necessary skills to find a replacement who would be any better.
We're just screwed either way. One thing we know about McNair is that he doesn't do anything quick.

The system is so ****ed up that it'll take 3-4 years to get the right guys in place to un**** it.

The defense is JV and the ZBS is a joke.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 09-13-2009   #91
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Jon Gruden?
Old 09-13-2009   #92
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I sometimes wish LA had gotten this team because Bob McNair does not have what it takes to be an NFL owner. Not a successful one at least and if Houston has to have a lousy NFL team I'd rather they not have one at all.
If it was anyone else besides you who said that Herv, there would probably be the standard "you're not really a fan" BS comeback.

But I agree with you 100%. I would much rather be without a team than a team that always sucks. It just ruins watching other NFL games, because instead of getting to just enjoy a game for what it is, all you end up doing is watching other teams and wonder why the Texans can't be like them.

That's what sucks more than anything else.

Edit: I wish there was a "switch" that I could turn off that would instantly stop making me interested in this team. But that's not the way it works, sadly.

Last edited by Marcus; 09-13-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2009   #93
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Jon Gruden?
I would rather become a Cowboy fan than have Jon Gruden as a coach. If you knew how bad I hate the Cowboys you would understand the signifacance of that statement. Just say NO to Chucky!
Old 09-13-2009   #94
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I would rather become a Cowboy fan than have Jon Gruden as a coach. If you knew how bad I hate the Cowboys you would understand the signifacance of that statement. Just say NO to Chucky!
I think Gruden wants the ND job
Old 09-13-2009   #95
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If it was anyone else besides you who said that Herv, there would probably be the standard "you're not really a fan" BS comeback.

But I agree with you 100%. I would much rather be without a team than a team that always sucks. It just ruins watching other NFL games, because instead of getting to just enjoy a game for what it is, all you end up doing is watching other teams and wonder why the Texans can't be like them.

That's what sucks more than anything else.

Edit: I wish there was a "switch" that I could turn off that would instantly stop making me interested in this team. But that's not the way it works, sadly.
I've often wished I could not care about this as much as I do. A game like today destroys my week. I went and took a nap for the last, hell I don't know how long I was in there. I just get so low when they go out there and suck to the heavens. I swear it has nothing to do with losing. I can take losing if I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I could have watched us play a hard fought game and then lost it at the end on a FG or a TD and I would be fine. I'd be in here talking about plays we didn't make and next weeks game and even though we lost I'd be involved in the post-game "thing" we all do.

A game like today just breaks me at this point. I'm so sick of watching them suck. I'm sick of watching them get bent over by good teams that I can't stand to see it happen now. It's been almost a decade and they're going nowhere. Again. It ruins the sport for me when we're not even competitive.
Old 09-13-2009   #96
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

shouldn't the pain have stopped by now? This is like when you hit your shin real hard and yo think it's just a stinger, but ou have really broke your leg.
Old 09-13-2009   #97
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've often wished I could not care about this as much as I do. A game like today destroys my week. I went and took a nap for the last, hell I don't know how long I was in there. I just get so low when they go out there and suck to the heavens. I swear it has nothing to do with losing. I can take losing if I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I could have watched us play a hard fought game and then lost it at the end on a FG or a TD and I would be fine. I'd be in here talking about plays we didn't make and next weeks game and even though we lost I'd be involved in the post-game "thing" we all do.

A game like today just breaks me at this point. I'm so sick of watching them suck. I'm sick of watching them get bent over by good teams that I can't stand to see it happen now. It's been almost a decade and they're going nowhere. Again. It ruins the sport for me when we're not even competitive.
oh there is a light coming. It's a locomotive with a tack on it and next week we can discuss our shitty situation all over again
Old 09-13-2009   #98
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
After the Jets took the 2nd half kickoff and drove the field for a TD to make it 17-zip, I looked to the sidelines to see what Kubiak was doing. I thought he might be chewing out some players, maybe some coaches. Something.

Nope. He was standing about 20 yards from anyone else, reading what looked to be a Denny's laminated menu. So with nothing worth seeing on the field, I decided to watch Kubiak for the rest of the game. Maybe he was looking for answers. Or maybe he was deciding between the patty melt or possibly fool everyone and go for the Lumberjack Slam. Only his waitress knows for sure.

Did Kubiak ever rejoin the team, coach up some players, get in the face of some assistants? Ever? Nope. He just starred down that menu for the rest of the half, other than checking on an injured Shaun Cody late in the game. In a very disinterested fashion. I've never seen a coach take a beating like the Texans took, and seem so unemotional and detached.

Gary Kubiak. Dead Coach Walking. And it's only Week One. Try the migas, Gary. Extra jalapenos. You need some fire in your belly.
This reminds me of Dom Capers note pad and non of us could figure out what the heck he was always writing down.

Maybe Kubes is reading up on Yahoo's top 10 donts during a job interview.

Old 09-13-2009   #99
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I just cant help but feel that this team is like every other bottom feeder in the league and the fans are bleed dry while they hope for a winner.
Old 09-13-2009   #100
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cheer up Herv, this time next year the country will be talking about how the Texans are going to start Colt McCoy against there week one opponent.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read