Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009   #61
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I like Kubes and really want him to succeed. I like him so much, I wanted to believe that basic things like clock management would get better with time. I wanted to believe that we had such far inferior talent that we weren't competitive in certain games.

I am not an x's and o's guy, but based on the body of work, it just seems that Kubes doesn't prepapre his team well. We don't look like we are ready to play from the first snap, which also indicates that he can't get these guys motivated.

I don't think we are that far away talent-wise. I think that our coaching staff regular gets out-done. It is time to be honest about it.
Great post and I agree completely. I am a huge Kubiak fan. He's a straight shooter, a good guy, and you can tell he wants to win for this city more than anything. Unfortunately things aren't working out for him. I've seen enough years of this MB to take the game day knee-jerking with a grain of salt, but hell my knees are a little achy right now from the same.

I may be crazy but I see talent on the field, we don't lack the players to win IMO. Today I saw us thoroughly out-coached. Rex Ryans was able to bring consistent pressure with his two best pass rushers out of the game because our coaching staff couldn't figure out how to counter his X's and O's. Our defense was mediocre, better than I expected and the only thing that kept my interest into the 4th quarter, but our offense - Kubiak's only ace in the hole - was completely confused and impotent.

I'm not ready to grab the pink soap yet, but I'm thinking about it for the first time since Kubiak took over.
Old 09-13-2009   #62
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

wow this thread is entertaining. i think it's a little early to be hanging up the fire Kubes thread this early. he should think about taking a little more control during the offensive possesions but i think it's a bit early to be calling for the chopping block. any time you get beat like this these threads come up. hell we saw them start in the pre-season. we need Gibb's line to make bigger holes for Slaton, we need a better secondary, more talent inside on the DL, and the ability to stop someone in the clutch. we do NOT need more of this crap until at least halfway through the season. and Marcus just for ******** and giggles, it's just the first game.
Old 09-13-2009   #63
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not on board with firing anyone (except Myers), but if we did, who is out there right now that we could hire? Cowher won't come either, so let's hear some other names from you guys being the most vocal.
Old 09-13-2009   #64
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I don't buy this. I've seen teams that love to play for their HC and play hard for him, and the Texans don't resemble those types of teams at all.
Nobody ever said it was the right kind of "love to play for coach". I'd love a job too where I was never pushed to do better and got paid millions of dollars a year to do it. When players talk about how they love to play for a coach you have to look at which players are saying that and what those players are actually doing on the field.

When our guys say it I think it's a bad sign, not a good one.
Old 09-13-2009   #65
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Im not on board with firing anyone (except Myers), but if we did, who is out there right now that we could hire? Cowher won't come either, so let's hear some other names from you guys being the most vocal.

I don't think firing Kubiak would help either. I doubt our owner and GM have the necessary skills to find a replacement who would be any better.
Old 09-13-2009   #66
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The bottom line is we don't control the LOS. We never have. And after thinking about my newly acquired sig, I am not sure what to attribute it to. I know one thing for sure - you can't attribute the O-line woes to Kubiak. That doesn't mean he isn't accountable, but the difference is in who's actually doing the coaching. So we have a coach with a sterling reputation due to results and he can't do anything with our guys on the O-line? How is that Kubiak's fault? Like I said, I know he'll take the fall for it; that's the price for being at the top. I'm OK with that, but right now I'm more interested in diagnosing.

As for defense, we have had Bill Kollar, Frank Bush, Richard Smith, Jethro Franklin, Jon Hoke, Ray Rhodes, and who knows who else work with most of these same players. And the results have been the same. It's easy to see who the good players are, but after the top 3 or 4 defensive players, it gets fuzzy. Are all these coaches really that inept? Is Kubiak going into the meeting rooms in the middle of the night and erasing the white boards with all the X and O plays? WTF?

Maybe there's talent on this team, but that talent sure as hell isn't doing anything with it. Maybe all these coaches really are inept. Maybe the Texans have somehow managed to hire more line coaches than any other team in the NFL and find all the ones that suck. Maybe Ray Rhodes' success in the past was all a fluke.
Old 09-13-2009   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jimmy Johnson????
Why do you say Cower wont come here?
Old 09-13-2009   #68
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen enough of this. I've watched too many teams turned around by rookie head coaches to continue to give Kubiak time. We are never ready for opening day. Its the same shit every single year. I've heard the excuse "we always start out slow.". Yea? Well that's a big f'n problem guys. How about the excuse "well we don't have any decent safeties.". How long have we had to draft a damn safety. I'm tired of the CC Brown approach to building a team. Let's draft guys in the 5th and 6th round and maybe it works out. No.

Every administrative decision that Kubiak has made has failed. Mike Sherman, lil shanny, Richard Smith, Rick Smith, and now Frank Bush seems to be falling into the same category.

Look at what Rick Smith has done. Okoye is a complete bust IMO. Bennett is really bad. He for some reason doesn't believe we need better safeties. Developmental corners. He seems to be pissing off our vets; he's pissed off Owen and DeMeco. This is not working guys. Our best recent draft class was Casserly's doing.

Our QB can't identify the blitz before the snap to save his life. He holds onto the ball for entirely too long and doesn't seem to have the awareness to locate the first down marker. He threw the ball for 5 yards when we need 9 like 4 times today. On top of that he is fragile. This is KUBIAK'S guy. Remember, the QB guru.

Andre Johnson deserves to leave. I feel so sorry for him.

Why is it that other teams turn around quickly but after 3 years of failure some of you can't see what right in front of you?
Old 09-13-2009   #69
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OP didn't say fire right now, and I don't think most people are on board with firing him now. End of the season is probably something very different.

You do have a good point on would we really want to see anyone on the staff as the interim HC anyway.The only person on the staff that inspires any confidence in that area is Ray Rhodes and I don't think he be up for that.
Old 09-13-2009   #70
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Jimmy Johnson????
I cant understand why we dont try and find a young coach with some balls and give him the job. Dan Reeves opinion helped in the hiring of Kube's and it has shown that Mike and Gary cant win without each other.
Old 09-13-2009   #71
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say bring in Mike Shanahan. He knows the plan. Hell it's his plan. I just think he would hold the team accountable. Kubiak falling on his sword over and over is getting old.
Old 09-13-2009   #72
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The bottom line is we don't control the LOS. We never have. And after thinking about my newly acquired sig, I am not sure what to attribute it to. I know one thing for sure - you can't attribute the O-line woes to Kubiak. That doesn't mean he isn't accountable, but the difference is in who's actually doing the coaching. So we have a coach with a sterling reputation due to results and he can't do anything with our guys on the O-line? How is that Kubiak's fault? Like I said, I know he'll take the fall for it; that's the price for being at the top. I'm OK with that, but right now I'm more interested in diagnosing.

As for defense, we have had Bill Kollar, Frank Bush, Richard Smith, Jethro Franklin, Jon Hoke, Ray Rhodes, and who knows who else work with most of these same players. And the results have been the same. It's easy to see who the good players are, but after the top 3 or 4 defensive players, it gets fuzzy. Are all these coaches really that inept? Is Kubiak going into the meeting rooms in the middle of the night and erasing the white boards with all the X and O plays? WTF?

Maybe there's talent on this team, but that talent sure as hell isn't doing anything with it. Maybe all these coaches really are inept. Maybe the Texans have somehow managed to hire more line coaches than any other team in the NFL and find all the ones that suck. Maybe Ray Rhodes' success in the past was all a fluke.
Maybe, maybe, maybe. I'm right there with you on that. What's going on?

Are we catching these guys at the end of their respective careers? Is that happening? Is Alex Gibbs still able to do what he's famous for doing? I mean, these are pretty much all his guys. He inherited Pitts and Winston but Brown, Myers, and Briseil (sp? who cares, he sucks) are there on his watch.

I don't know. I do know we'll never have a guy who's "trouble" on this team. We'll never bring in someone who has any kind of edge. I think we go for guys who are all good citizens over everything else and that no coach in the world could turn a cub scout troop like this into a real nasty offensive line. We draft like crap and I think we're looking much of the time for qualities that other teams would scratch their heads at. I don't mean thugs and Pac Man types but when have we ever drafted an offensive lineman who was just "nasty"? Spencer maybe? I watched the Pitt-Tenn game and I was just enjoying the hell out of watching Tennessee's center manhandle guys and hold the front of that pocket. When have we ever had anybody do that here?

Our needs are many, our front office is stupid, and it's a year until we can even begin to address any of them. 2009 is going to be 2005 all over again. I can feel it in my bones. This team is going to be the death of me. I sometimes wish LA had gotten this team because Bob McNair does not have what it takes to be an NFL owner. Not a successful one at least and if Houston has to have a lousy NFL team I'd rather they not have one at all.
Old 09-13-2009   #73
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jimmy Johnson????
when he was last asked, I thought he said he was going to remain retired. I wasn't stating that he was against specifically coming to Houston.
Old 09-13-2009   #74
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when he was last asked, I thought he said he was going to remain retired. I wasn't stating that he was against specifically coming to Houston.
I think Fox gets fired this year and Cowher stays at home and takes over the panthers
Old 09-13-2009   #75
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bill Cowher anyone?
www.billcowher4texans.com is available.
Old 09-13-2009   #76
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok thought maybe I missed something.
Old 09-13-2009   #77
Ckw

Quote:
Logic and reason in this kind of a thread?!?! I think you better leave.

Old 09-13-2009   #78
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe that coaches will remain retired about as much as I believe that Favre will remain retired. Great coaches always have that itch.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 09-13-2009   #79
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well in all fairness our secondary didn't help that super aggressive defense

our safeties suck ass
Not aimed at anybody in particular....but you mean Dunta didn't come in and make our defensive backfield shine? Unfortunately, I didn't get to se the game, I had expected to lose, but not this bad. It is the same thing every year.
Old 09-13-2009   #80
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I say bring in Mike Shanahan. He knows the plan. Hell it's his plan. I just think he would hold the team accountable. Kubiak falling on his sword over and over is getting old.
Yes, Kubes has to go. It is always 3rd and 45 and he is always going for it on 4th and 2--that is Dom Capers-light.

bye kubes.

He will be fired by midseason.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read