Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2009   #11
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I like Kubes and really want him to succeed. I like him so much, I wanted to believe that basic things like clock management would get better with time. I wanted to believe that we had such far inferior talent that we weren't competitive in certain games.

I am not an x's and o's guy, but based on the body of work, it just seems that Kubes doesn't prepapre his team well. We don't look like we are ready to play from the first snap, which also indicates that he can't get these guys motivated.

I don't think we are that far away talent-wise. I think that our coaching staff regular gets out-done. It is time to be honest about it.
Great post and I agree completely. I am a huge Kubiak fan. He's a straight shooter, a good guy, and you can tell he wants to win for this city more than anything. Unfortunately things aren't working out for him. I've seen enough years of this MB to take the game day knee-jerking with a grain of salt, but hell my knees are a little achy right now from the same.

I may be crazy but I see talent on the field, we don't lack the players to win IMO. Today I saw us thoroughly out-coached. Rex Ryans was able to bring consistent pressure with his two best pass rushers out of the game because our coaching staff couldn't figure out how to counter his X's and O's. Our defense was mediocre, better than I expected and the only thing that kept my interest into the 4th quarter, but our offense - Kubiak's only ace in the hole - was completely confused and impotent.

I'm not ready to grab the pink soap yet, but I'm thinking about it for the first time since Kubiak took over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read