Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009   #41
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

If Kubiak was even close to being fired he'd be calling every offensive play.... he's got a long leash believe it or not and this really wasn't his fault. The players have to get it done eventually and so does the offensive coordinator.
Old 09-13-2009   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
Cowher... where are you?
Our luck they will hire Shanahan SR.
Old 09-13-2009   #43
thunderwolf
Rookie

I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit, although I understand because I'm completely pissed and am in the middle of Cowboy country. It sucks to see every other student in this area celebrating and my room mate happy as I sit around read boards and try to come up with a reason to believe in the Houston Texans.
Maybe I'm just young, but I never got to really have a team in Houston to begin with. Even on days that suck for the Texans, I remember that atleast I have a team now and don't have to half heartedly root for the Cowboys who I was forced to grow up with because the Oilers left.
We've got a team, we've got a team that could be good, and from what I saw from the defense I can atleast keep some hope alive.
Kyle Shanahan probably isn't fit to be an OC at the moment, Kubiak needs to realize that and reclaim the offense that was so great with a decent defense and get it done. I don't want to jump the gun on firing Kubiak, I like the guy and have always hoped that McNair planned on running this franchise like the Steelers who keep a coach and let them build and continually compete. This team has made progress and gotten better talent wise, but if that doesn't show in wins then the coaching staff needs to be purged.
I always felt like we were a quarterback away, then a player away, now I wonder if we are just a coach away from greatness. I won't ever forget what Kubiak and Smith have done in building this team into a competitive one now, but if they can't get it done then McNair will have to get someone else.
I'm sure there are lots of coaches out there (Shanahan, Cowher) who would love to come back to bring a team with so much talent into the promise land.
Old 09-13-2009   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Our luck they will hire Shanahan SR.

Oh no doubt. McNair has screwed up twice already. I've seen no indication that the guy has learned anything in 7 years and I have no faith that he'll get it right on the third try.

I don't think Kubiak makes it to the end of the year. I think we might be looking at our first "interim head coach" at some point this season.
Old 09-13-2009   #45
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

It's a sad day for me. This team could with little effort win fans, if they could only win games. I believe Mr. McNair wants a winner as badly as we the fans do, but it's time to get off the pot or pee. Fire'em all, bring in Cower. I'm sick of supporting this team.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 09-13-2009   #46
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
If Kubiak was even close to being fired he'd be calling every offensive play.... he's got a long leash believe it or not and this really wasn't his fault. The players have to get it done eventually and so does the offensive coordinator.
Then he should just take over the play calling and demote Shanny
Old 09-13-2009   #47
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Then he should just take over the play calling and demote Shanny
Or just take over play calling and keep Kyle as OC and have him learn a little longer before throwing him to the wolves
Old 09-13-2009   #48
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kube's??? you kidding... this was a TEAM loss. NOBODY showed up to play football today.

At one point the broadcast highlighted a 10 year old boy in the stands and suggested he could help the texans... are you kidding me? That's a total slap in the face to any man on the field.. which if any of them take exception, need to be slapped anyway.

I'm gonna call it like I see it... these girls in Texans uni's that showed up today obviously thought they didn't need to play today. That's not the HC's fault.. the ladies on the field play the game and get paid TOOO much to perform as sadly they did today.

Old 09-13-2009   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
Fire Kube's??? you kidding... this was a TEAM loss. NOBODY showed up to play football today.

At one point the broadcast highlighted a 10 year old boy in the stands and suggested he could help the texans... are you kidding me? That's a total slap in the face to any man on the field.. which if any of them take exception, need to be slapped anyway.

I'm gonna call it like I see it... these girls in Texans uni's that showed up today obviously thought they didn't need to play today. That's not the HC's fault.. the ladies on the field play the game and get paid TOOO much to perform as sadly they did today.

Hate to break this to you but player performance is a reflection of the coaching.
Old 09-13-2009   #50
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I don't think it is realistic that Kubes is gone during the season, but I think after the pre-season and this first game, he is going to have to get this team above .500 to keep his job.

I like Kubes and really want him to succeed. I like him so much, I wanted to believe that basic things like clock management would get better with time. I wanted to believe that we had such far inferior talent that we weren't competitive in certain games.

I am not an x's and o's guy, but based on the body of work, it just seems that Kubes doesn't prepapre his team well. We don't look like we are ready to play from the first snap, which also indicates that he can't get these guys motivated.

I don't think we are that far away talent-wise. I think that our coaching staff regular gets out-done. It is time to be honest about it.
Old 09-13-2009   #51
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

You bishes better remember my "fire Kubiak" posts from the end of last season...there were only a few of us among the "we've improved, keep Kubiak" crowd. The few, the unproud, the fire Kubiak folks.

One of my biggest issues with the man? Preparing this team for game day. This team came out ill prepared, flat, and lacking on-field leadership. Same old story, different season.

And Frank Bush? How long into the game does it take to figure out to put more than front 4 pressure on a rookie QB?

Sigh.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 09-13-2009   #52
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I just wanted my new sig included in the "Fire Kubiak" thread.
Old 09-13-2009   #53
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I don't think it is realistic that Kubes is gone during the season, but I think after the pre-season and this first game, he is going to have to get this team above .500 to keep his job.

I like Kubes and really want him to succeed. I like him so much, I wanted to believe that basic things like clock management would get better with time. I wanted to believe that we had such far inferior talent that we weren't competitive in certain games.

I am not an x's and o's guy, but based on the body of work, it just seems that Kubes doesn't prepapre his team well. We don't look like we are ready to play from the first snap, which also indicates that he can't get these guys motivated.

I don't think we are that far away talent-wise. I think that our coaching staff regular gets out-done. It is time to be honest about it.
Agree, Kubiak should be on the hot seat from here on out through the season in McNair's eyes at least. I'm already sold on it though.

This team looked unprepared and again it failed to make in game adjustments or hell even half time adjustments. I'm tired of a staff that consistently gets out coached in all facets of the game.

I'm tired of rookie or typically bad QBs coming in and lighting the team up.
Old 09-13-2009   #54
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Guys, this was the first game of the season against a very good Jets team and everyone here is calling for Kubiak's head! What's wrong with everyone? The Texans are known to struggle in the early part of the season but I have no doubt in my mind that we WILL improve as the season goes on.

Kubiak will take everyone back to the basics and the team is gonna' practice harder and hopefully we will see an improved team next week. I hope to see us improve our passing attack once Walters comes back.

Don't mess with my Texans!
Old 09-13-2009   #55
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

There is ZERO chance that McNair fires Kubiak this season...none. Awful, awful game and we were outcoached and outplayed. However, it is a long season (probably longer than we would like), so let's see how this plays out and hope that we can man up and figure out a way to hang with the Tacks next week.
Old 09-13-2009   #56
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know that we need to fire Kubiak now....BUT....if this happens next week (which probably will up in possum hollar against a good defense) and the 2 games after that against JAX and OAK we lose or look bad winning (those are bad teams and these 1st 4 games were supposed to be the easy part of our schedule) then Kubes needs to be on a flamingly hot seat and or fired on the spot. Player performance and preparedness falls on coaching and they looked lost today. Here in Austin it's all Cowboys and Longhorns all the time with a little tossle of the Texans hair now and then when the local media feels like it. Every year I think and say that we are going somewhere blah blah blah then I get to look like a baffoon. Thanks Texans! There new slogan should be "I'm a Texan, but only because the Oilers skipped town". Yay go team! Like a fool, I'm sure that I'll still sit through every game fooling myself that they'll finally turn into the tough, hard hitting, high flying team I expect after all these years. I love this team, but damn they make it as hard as possible on the fans!!

Old 09-13-2009   #57
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

This team has never had a heart. This team was not prepared to play the NYJ today. Everybody played like crap. The coaching stunk on both sides of the ball. Baby Shanny is only coaching because Kubiak is kissing Shanny Sr's butt. He is a horrible coach who is only still here because he is a local Houston guy.
Old 09-13-2009   #58
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
for what it's worth my Mom just called me from reliant and said that in the 4th, McNair and company went to the field and walked Kubiak off the field.....
They showed McNair on the sidelines early in the game, I think he was down there just to capture the moment of our first win in 2009!

...maybe next game
Old 09-13-2009   #59
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Guys, this was the first game of the season against a very good Jets team and everyone here is calling for Kubiak's head! What's wrong with everyone? The Texans are known to struggle in the early part of the season but I have no doubt in my mind that we WILL improve as the season goes on.

Kubiak will take everyone back to the basics and the team is gonna' practice harder and hopefully we will see an improved team next week. I hope to see us improve our passing attack once Walters comes back.

Don't mess with my Texans!
Let's all go over that first sentence shall we?

"Guys, this was the first game of the season against a very good Jets team and everyone here is calling for Kubiak's head!"

Yes, it was the first game of the season. It wasn't however the first game of Gary Kubiak's head coaching tenure here. It was his 49th game and that's a lot of games my friend. That's over three seasons worth of games. Do you know what else? That's 49 games that I've watched the Texans play like 11 marshmallows. That's 49 games that I've spent watching an offensive line that can't block for shit and a defense that can't consistently tackle for shit. That's 49 games of watching this team beat only those teams that are clearly bottom feeders, overlooking the current game, or suffering from some injury problem.

When was the last time we saw the Houston Texans walk out on to a field and beat the snot out of a really good team?

This was indeed a "very good Jets team". They finished 9-7 last season. We finished 8-8. That is a difference in just one game but you and I both know that the real difference is much bigger. Rex Ryan is a rookie HC. He started a rookie QB. He had to sit two of his best defenders. He brought that team to Houston and beat the shit out of us from start to finish. His team was playing their asses off for him.

Our team "loves" to play for Kubiak. They're his "kids". He just can't say enough about how hard they try. He's been trying to find the words for three damned year to describe it.

Meanwhile in one preseason and camp Rex Ryan has the Jets going out on the road and destroying teams that are (from a final record point at least) presumably in the same ballpark as his own.

We're doing it wrong. Anyone who can't see that the Texans are doing it wrong is either blind or in denial.

Sadly I can't say you're wrong about the "Fire Kubiak" thought. What would that really accomplish? Bob McNair is just going to go out and find some other good, earnest, honest, and low-key guy to play shepherd to his boy scout troop.

Why bother firing Kubiak? What's the point?
Old 09-13-2009   #60
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Our team "loves" to play for Kubiak. They're his "kids". He just can't say enough about how hard they try. He's been trying to find the words for three damned year to describe it.
I don't buy this. I've seen teams that love to play for their HC and play hard for him, and the Texans don't resemble those types of teams at all.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read