Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If you don't think this game is an indication of how the rest of this season is going to go, you're not paying attention.
I don't know Marcus..

we started out in 08 giving up
38,31,30,and 31 points and 0-4

to be determined how the next 4 will go
Old 09-13-2009   #22
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not advocating the firing of Kubiak TODAY. That would assure us a losing season. I think we need to realize that Kubiak is a coordinator out of his element. Unless of course his stratigy is for every upcoming team to overlook us then he's a genius.
Old 09-13-2009   #23
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a fact that we were absolutely outcoached today anybody who cant see this is in denial. at this point..
Old 09-13-2009   #24
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Preseason is meaningless. Our run defense looked horrible in the preseason, but decent today. Our offensive line looked ok in the preseason, but horrific today. We've sucked in both, but for different reasons. A bad football is a bad football team
Old 09-13-2009   #25
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Glad that the board inteligencia showed up and put everybody in line.

Capers, Casserly and Carr had supporters too when it was obvious to everyone else that they were a joke. I'm pretty sure you were among them.
Eh.. I supported Capers up until the last season.. but yah I wasnt alone in that.

Most of the best fans on these forums supported the team up until that last season.. which isnt to say they didnt express worry or anger.. but they didnt do it like this... and they didnt bash the team unnecessarily.

Quote:
Uhh, you're the one not suppressing your anger and showing your true colors. Other fans are upset because the team is playing like crap and they're venting, and that somehow gives you the right to not suppress your anger and launch personal attacks? You knew the rules when you started posting. They've been in place forever. You are the one who doesn't have the mental fortitude to control yourself.
We are having the same conversation in two threads.

Ive been around long enough to know the difference between venting and being a moron. Venting is short lived.. being a moron lasts all season.

Anyway..i told ya id be leaving so im gonna get on that.
Old 09-13-2009   #26
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

It's one game. Suck it up and press on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-13-2009   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
no it really is week 1... you want to scrap the whole season after ONE GAME.. you want to throw in the towel and go in to rebuilding mode after WEEK ONE.

Seriously..if you boys can sit there quietly and let the adults watch the game, maybe afterwards you can have graham crackers.

I've been through this Grid for 7 freakin years. I don't want to talk to you about it because you were here too and you know damn well it isn't "after one game". It's after 3 years with Kubiak. If you're so busy watching the game with the adults what pray tell prompted you to poke your head into a thread like this?

No, wait a second. Check that. It's after 7 years. 7 years with the Texans.

Ever wonder why the Texans ALWAYS give you exactly what you're afraid you're going to get from them? EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME?

They suck. They're a team of soft, unfocused players who work for a franchise that hasn't learned anything in 7 years. Everything you suspect they might be in the negative... THEY ARE!

We have a head coach who is not getting the job done BUT HE GETS FOREVER TO TRY AND CHANGE THAT!

We have an offensive coordinator who we are told is on the cusp of greatness BUT IN REALITY HE'S A FAVOR-HIRE WHO GOT THE JOB BECAUSE OF HIS LAST NAME!

We have a defensive coordinator who was promoted form within because he's supposedly going to be a good one BUT HIS DEFENSE PLAYS JUST AS POORLY AS THE ONE HE REPLACED!

Look, Gary Kubiak is in his fourth year and his team does the same shit it did four years ago. They can't tackle to save their lives. They can't protect the QB to save his life. Sure his "kids" all love to play for him. Hell I'd love a job where the coaches never pushed me out of my comfort zone and paid me millions of dollars a year to try hard. Does anybody really think Studdard stays on anyone's roster but ours? Chris Meyers is like one of those big stuffed animals. I watched Jets just pitch him out of the way today. Pitts is "our best" and by NFL standards he's crap. Anyone thinking that Chester Pitts will ever go to a Pro Bowl without a ticket is insane. With players like this it's no wonder we can't keep Schaub from getting stomped.

Speaking of our QB he's absolutely worthless unless he's playing a team that can't pressure the QB in a game that doesn't matter between teams playing out the string. Then he's money but if the game is against somebody who can actually get to him he's shit. He has to be stored in bubble wrap all season long if you want him to play more than 10-11 games.

Andre Johnson is wasted here. He'll get a ring someday with luck but I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that it won't be in a Texans uniform.

These guys are embarrassing and I'm tired of pretending that they're not. Every single good team we played last year humiliated us. Every single good team we play this year will do the exact same thing.

Tell me when in 7 years we've beaten a good team in a game that mattered to both them and us? The answer is never because we can't do it.

The Texans are Lucy in "Peanuts" holding that football and urging us to take a shot at kicking it. That's what this franchise asking for our support amounts to. They're always going to jerk that ball away at the last second but we get in here and we get excited about their worthless wins and garbage time statistics and keep coming back for more. We're ****ing stupid to be guzzling down this kool-aid. Why do we keep falling for it? What the hell is wrong with us? Our eyes see what's wrong and we convince ourselves that "It's only preseason" or "Well yeah but those were cheap shots - he's not really fragile", or "When he gets older he'll be worth the pick".

I know better than all of that but I got suckered in again just like I always seem to do.

Meanwhile other teams hire real coaches and real GM's who put together teams that progress. Nobody goes from bad to good slower than the Houston Texans. Hell, we haven't done it once yet.
Old 09-13-2009   #28
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Eh.. I supported Capers up until the last season.. but yah I wasnt alone in that.
And Casserly and Carr.

I'm pretty sure you called all the pink soap guys morons then too.

I guess that makes you a better fan. Hope the Kool-Aid tastes good.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 09-13-2009   #29
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

for what it's worth my Mom just called me from reliant and said that in the 4th, McNair and company went to the field and walked Kubiak off the field. I don't think there is anything to this obviously, but my mom called (unusual) to tell me she thinks Kubiaks gone today. I don't think so but veryone in her section apparently thinks so.
Old 09-13-2009   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Just curious, how many times did Frank Bush's "extra-super aggressive" defense sack the rookie QB today?

Thought so. Same crap, different bobo in charge of that side. I see Amobi managed 4 tackles today. That's on the high side for him isn't it? How did Revis do against AJ? Good thing we chose the four year project teenager eh? Hey, who doesn't like to watch Rick Smith work his draft magic!
Old 09-13-2009   #31
euro-Texan
All Pro

Too much time to prepare for the first game to perform this terrible
Old 09-13-2009   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
for what it's worth my Mom just called me from reliant and said that in the 4th, McNair and company went to the field and walked Kubiak off the field. I don't think there is anything to this obviously, but my mom called (unusual) to tell me she thinks Kubiaks gone today. I don't think so but veryone in her section apparently thinks so.
WTH?

LOL. Who would they get to replace him? Nobody. The guy who supposedly is calling the shots on offense can't even let his QB audible out of a play that gets him killed (when there was three blitzers to one side and nobody to pick them up). I mean, it was like the OC and the offense were DRUGGED today. They stayed in quicksand all day long. And even when they did something positive (Slaton's doofus play) they still managed to foul it up.

I'm not ragging on what your mom said. I'm sure she saw what she saw.

But I would wager that Bob wants to see how everyone on that team reacts in the locker room. And to possibly say something to someone (to a coach, to some players, or the whole team).

I've read a lot of the venting posts today. I am upset, too. I won't lecture anybody on here. Today was a bad day, as it has been every year on opening day for us. Pretty hard to put a positive spin on it.
Old 09-13-2009   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

the management of this team needs a wake up call.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 09-13-2009   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
It is a fact that we were absolutely outcoached today anybody who cant see this is in denial. at this point..
Agree completely.
Old 09-13-2009   #35
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Just curious, how many times did Frank Bush's "extra-super aggressive" defense sack the rookie QB today?

Thought so. Same crap, different bobo in charge of that side. I see Amobi managed 4 tackles today. That's on the high side for him isn't it? How did Revis do against AJ? Good thing we chose the four year project teenager eh? Hey, who doesn't like to watch Rick Smith work his draft magic!
well in all fairness our secondary didn't help that super aggressive defense

our safeties suck ass
Old 09-13-2009   #36
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Too much time to prepare for the first game to perform this terrible
this...
Old 09-13-2009   #37
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
WTH?

LOL. Who would they get to replace him? Nobody. The guy who supposedly is calling the shots on offense can't even let his QB audible out of a play that gets him killed (when there was three blitzers to one side and nobody to pick them up). I mean, it was like the OC and the offense were DRUGGED today. They stayed in quicksand all day long. And even when they did something positive (Slaton's doofus play) they still managed to foul it up.

I'm not ragging on what your mom said. I'm sure she saw what she saw.

But I would wager that Bob wants to see how everyone on that team reacts in the locker room. And to possibly say something to someone (to a coach, to some players, or the whole team).

I've read a lot of the venting posts today. I am upset, too. I won't lecture anybody on here. Today was a bad day, as it has been every year on opening day for us. Pretty hard to put a positive spin on it.
AS opposed to? Look I was just putting out what I was told. I knew I was going to take a beating before I hit submit
Old 09-13-2009   #38
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr tex View Post
it is a fact that we were absolutely outcoached today anybody who cant see this is in denial. At this point..
rep!
Old 09-13-2009   #39
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill Cowher anyone?
Old 09-13-2009   #40
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Cowher... where are you?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read