Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2004   #21
Ediddy73
Veteran

Tony Wells....errr...Hollings runs too upright and is brought down too easily to ever supplant DD. DD is a RB. Hollings is a DB who has 4 college games worth of RB experience, and limited NFL carries. IMO if his knee was 100%, he should have been in Rhein or Frankfurt this year learning how to be an NFL RB and challenging McCoo for the rushing title. He has a long way to go before he is an NFL caliber RB. Just the same it always tickles me to see people say, " I love Hollings", especially when they had never heard of them until the supplemental draft, and couldn't pick him out of a police line up. Shine on...
Ediddy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more optimistic about Hollings than you are Ediddy. The one thing we have never had is pure speed out of the backfield and we still would not have any if not for Hollings. He has a nice gliding style and is deceptively fast. He eats up yards quickly and is a home run threat when he gets a step and an angle on someone. I like what I have seen in Hollings so far and I really didn't expect to see a physical style back when he was running right off the late stages of rehab. I'm going to judge TH by what he shows me in this camp and on the field now in his second season after the surgery. Iím pretty excited about the combination of Davis and Hollings myself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #23
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the other backs? especailly Wells?

What do people think of Mack last year?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #24
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Wells will probably be third string, and Mack is a goner.
Old 07-06-2004   #25
Texansbacker
Veteran

DD will rule the day.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else remember who the other guy was in TC last year that had a similar style of running like Hollings but he just didn't make the team? He was pretty quick also. Or does anyone remember the little guy we had in Camp the inaugural season who had a bowling ball style of running? The guy was short but he could scoot, and he just didn't make the club because of his size.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #27
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

You're thinking of Michael Basnight.
BradK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing he's thinking of Jonas Lewis and Michael Jenkins.

Michael Basnight was one of the 10 original Texans plucked from free agency back in December '01 but I don't believe he ever made it to a training camp.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #29
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy73
Tony Wells....errr...Hollings runs too upright and is brought down too easily to ever supplant DD.
runs upright..sometimes holds the ball wrong...dosent always pick the right hole...poor leg drive. but then what did u expect from a runningback with 4 games experience on a collegiate level. he is not a polished product ,but we knew that when we got him.

in comparision to davis, hollings was brought down easily (as were numerous other starting nfl backs). needless to say the injury was a factor as was the inability to train in the offseason in normal fashion. im also more then willing to think he ran "tentivley" in fear of reaggrivating his injury.

bottom line is he has his problems ,but he has a very high celling

i think the idea of sending hollings to nfl europe is a bad one particularly because of his injury. why risk it? he needed to spend his first offseason in an nfl training program ,and there are 5 preseason games.

i did know his name but not much else about him. and no, i still couldnt pick him out in a police lineup.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004   #30
Doug
All Pro

If Hollings can just hold on to the ball, not second guess himself due to his previous injury and hit the hole full speed, we'll see alot of good things out of him. He'll have alot more confidence in himself this year being back at 100 % and hopefully he's worked on holding on to the ball. If all this comes together DD and TH will wreak havoc on defenses and it's going to happen the first time TH comes in the game because the defense won't be expecting much out of him and TH is gonna blow right by them just like DD did last year.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read