Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009   #21
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TEXANS v jets BLUE CREW TAILGATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We'll be eating and drinking before 8:00!
You'll be doing that before 6:00, who are you kidding !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #22
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Hey guys what time do yall start tailgaiting? A group of four SA fans( including me) is coming up saturday and we are staying at the Holiday Inn behind the stadium. I am curious how early the festivities get going there. I am bring a friend who has never been to a NFL game and I want him to experiance all that there is at this trip so that we can convert him into a Texans fan. I had a blast when I was there last and I cant wait to see yall again.
Come on over. It will be great to see ya again. That Holiday Inn is great. If you have a room on the right side, you overlook the stadium.
Old 09-11-2009   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
You'll be doing that before 6:00, who are you kidding !!
True. I just don't advertise it.
Old 09-11-2009   #24
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We'll be eating and drinking before 8:00!
Ok I know I got there late before the Detroit game and missed out on the food I am wondering if yall cook as well as filo doc. We got there early for the monday night game last year and FG brought it.

I hope I remember what TedC rolls in and looks like TB but you may want to refresh my mem it to what to look for. I dont think I will be wearing Jersey because all I have is battle red and blue I may just be wearing white Texans T. (If not Battle Red Mcleod jersey #32)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok I know I got there late before the Detroit game and missed out on the food I am wondering if yall cook as well as filo doc. We got there early for the monday night game last year and FG brought it.

I hope I remember what TedC rolls in and looks like TB but you may want to refresh my mem it to what to look for. I dont think I will be wearing Jersey because all I have is battle red and blue I may just be wearing white Texans T. (If not Battle Red Mcleod jersey #32)
Ted:

Ted and Kathryn:

Joe:

And just to make sure that you remember where we are:

Old 09-11-2009   #26
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

great I cant wait....ohhhhhh yeah
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I'm trying to remain calm for now. The more I get worked up, the longer Sunday will take to get here.
Old 09-11-2009   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: TEXANS v jets BLUE CREW TAILGATE

Next thing I know it will be Sat. night which will QUICKLY morph into 6 AM Sunday.

We're having enchalada cassarole and beef fajitas with fixins. Not related to 'Jets' at all.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Next thing I know it will be Sat. night which will QUICKLY morph into 6 AM Sunday.

We're having enchalada cassarole and beef fajitas with fixins. Not related to 'Jets' at all.
I thought you were going to build a coal fired , brick oven to make pizza . I was also under the impression we were going to have Nathan's hotdogs and New York cheesecake ... what's up with that .
Old 09-11-2009   #30
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 378 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to see everyone!! I forgot who I gave my banner to from the last game....but hang it up for the Blue Crew.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #31
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Unless you're referring to the "exhaust jets" later...
Old 09-11-2009   #32
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 291 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope I remember what Texan_Bill looks like but you may want to refresh my memory to what to look for. I dont think I will be wearing Jersey because all I have is battle red and blue I may just be wearing white Texans T. (If not Battle Red Mcleod jersey #32)

Old 09-11-2009   #33
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we have enough tents guys? I have a brand new 10x10 (white) but not sure I can get it in my car. I can bring to over to someones house tomorrow if we need it, if you will haul it to the game for me. I think I can handle the tables. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy a truck!

Thinkin chopped BBQ beef sandwiches, little smokies, Earls (of course), earthquake cake, monkey bread (to start off the day), brownies, and the usual chips, dip, and whatever else moves me! Hummmm, cheesecake sounds really GOOD!!!

See ya all Sunday!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #34
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

After you eat you can make a stop at the Jet's lockers!

Old 09-11-2009   #35
Tedc
Hardheaded

We should have plenty tents. I am bringing my 4 tents.
Old 09-12-2009   #36
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
That outfit really brings out his eyes....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Not worth creating a whole new thread for... so thread hijack...

Do they allow charcoal pits at the tailgates? I thought that I read they were banned but I saw so many smokers and people with charcoal. I don't want to break any rules but I REALLY want to use a charcoal pit. If not allowed... how strongly is this rule enforced?
Old 09-12-2009   #38
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

Hey guys wat's up me and my wife are going to our first game this sunday and we wanted to know if we could stop by. Im a long time reader and member but hardly ever post. Ill be bringing by some beer too Man i cant wait till tomorrow i am so excited and my wife has witness my excitement that its rubbing off on her too so i hope to have a wonderful time and cant wait
Old 09-12-2009   #39
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Not worth creating a whole new thread for... so thread hijack...

Do they allow charcoal pits at the tailgates? I thought that I read they were banned but I saw so many smokers and people with charcoal. I don't want to break any rules but I REALLY want to use a charcoal pit. If not allowed... how strongly is this rule enforced?
Charcoal is allowed, but lighter fluid is not.

Tailgating rules are here: http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday...ting-rules.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstontexans.com
Liquid charcoal starter or other flammable liquids are strictly prohibited. Charcoal may be started with an electrical starter designed for this purpose or quick starting charcoal is recommended. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
Ash containers, trash containers and port-o-lets are located in each lot.
Hot ashes, cinders, smothering coal, disposable LP-gas cylinders or other hot materials must be disposed of in the Orange dumpsters only.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #40
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8tupg42k1 View Post
Hey guys wat's up me and my wife are going to our first game this sunday and we wanted to know if we could stop by. Im a long time reader and member but hardly ever post. Ill be bringing by some beer too Man i cant wait till tomorrow i am so excited and my wife has witness my excitement that its rubbing off on her too so i hope to have a wonderful time and cant wait
Consider yourself invited! One and all are welcome at the Blue Crew tailgate. Just come on over and say hi!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read