Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009   #1
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My fantasy draft

I am curious what some of you think about my fantasy draft. It is a PPR league so take that into consideration as I focused on guys that caught a lot of passes. Here it is.

1. Matt Forte
2. Steve Slaton
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Antonio Bryant
6. Derrick Ward
7. Jay Cutler (dumb pick and am trying to trade it)
8. John Carlson
9. Cedric Benson
10. Lance Moore
11. Derrick Mason
12. Jerious Norwood
13. Bo Scaife
14. Bears D/ST
15. Glen Coffee
16. Kris Brown

Thoughts? The Bears D did well last year but would I be smart to drop them for the Bucs D or a team like that? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #2
indiantexan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 108
Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I am curious what some of you think about my fantasy draft. It is a PPR league so take that into consideration as I focused on guys that caught a lot of passes. Here it is.

1. Matt Forte
2. Steve Slaton
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Antonio Bryant
6. Derrick Ward
7. Jay Cutler (dumb pick and am trying to trade it)
8. John Carlson
9. Cedric Benson
10. Lance Moore
11. Derrick Mason
12. Jerious Norwood
13. Bo Scaife
14. Bears D/ST
15. Glen Coffee
16. Kris Brown

Thoughts? The Bears D did well last year but would I be smart to drop them for the Bucs D or a team like that? Thanks.
JMHO, but you seem a little thin at WR. Except for Braylon Edwards everyone else seem to be WR3 or 4 at best. You might want to trade Cutler and get another legit No 1 or No 2 receiver and another QB. There should be some takers out there. I think your RB position looks very strong. Everyone in there should have good years including Benson. Maybe you can throw in an RB + Cutler + Someone like Antonio Bryant to get a good WR + RB+ another QB. Packers have a bye week in Week 5. Cleveland is at Buffalo that week. I think QBs from both sides should have a pretty good day. But since the Cleveland QB situation is still up in the air, I would consider taking Trent Edwards who should have a good day at home against a suspect Cleveland defense. I think I would retain Bears D but it is your call.

BTW, please take a look at my draft. Comments and suggestion welcome.




Team Name : DesiTexans (Desi is a colloquial term for someone originating from India. Unfortunately I could not draft any Texans. )

Ryan, Matt QB ATL
Johnson, Chris RB TEN
Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC
Hester, Devin WR CHI
Owens, Terrell WR BUF
Smith, Steve WR CAR
Gonzalez, Tony TE ATL
Vinatieri, Adam K IND
Eagles DST
Favre, Brett QB MIN
Benson, Cedric RB CIN
Wells, Beanie RB ARI
Harvin, Percy WR MIN
Miller, Zach TE OAK

Last edited by indiantexan; 09-09-2009 at 10:12 AM.
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #3
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
JMHO, but you seem a little thin at WR. Except for Braylon Edwards everyone else seem to be WR3 or 4 at best. You might want to trade Cutler and get another legit No 1 or No 2 receiver and another QB. There should be some takers out there.
Thanks a ton for commenting man. Rep to you.

I definitely agree I am thin at WR. I really screwed up on the Cutler pick but it just seemed like everyone else was a reach when I drafted him, and I figured I would be able to trade him for somebody decent. So far, there haven't been any takers.

Quote:
I think your RB position looks very strong. Everyone in there should have good years including Benson. Maybe you can throw in an RB + Cutler + Someone like Antonio Bryant to get a good WR + RB+ another QB.
Any suggestions on a WR you think I could maybe trade for and what I should offer as a RB? I knew he wouldn't bite but I tried trading Bryant, Cutler, and Benson for Randy Moss and Matt Schaub, but sadly the guy wasn't dumb enough to bite.

Quote:
I think I would retain Bears D but it is your call.
Yeah, they played really well last year and haven't lost much on defense. I think I will hold onto them for a bit just to see how they look.

Quote:
BTW, please take a look at my draft. Comments and suggestion welcome.
You got it.

Quote:
Team Name : DesiTexans (Desi is a colloquial term for someone originating from India. Unfortunately I could not draft any Texans. )

Ryan, Matt QB ATL
Johnson, Chris RB TEN
Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC
Hester, Devin WR CHI
Owens, Terrell WR BUF
Smith, Steve WR CAR
Gonzalez, Tony TE ATL
Vinatieri, Adam K IND
Eagles DST
Favre, Brett QB MIN
Benson, Cedric RB CIN
Wells, Beanie RB ARI
Harvin, Percy WR MIN
Miller, Zach TE OAK
I think you had a great draft. My league was supposed to be a keeper league with a live auction draft and so my keepers were going to be Matt Ryan and Steve Slaton (both of which I picked up in FA last year) so I certainly like your pick of Ryan and Favre as backup. Jones-Drew will put up numbers like always, and I see some similarity in your pick of Johnson with my pick of Slaton (who I may have taken a bit too early). They both offer a ton of upside, but I am always a little worried about the sophomore slump.

Like me, I think you could have a great WR corp, but it might also be a letdown. I am and was leery of TO. He is getting up there in age and like Edwards has a ton of drops. I love the Hester pick because he will likely get some bombs thrown his way from Cutler. He reminds me a lot of Lee Evans. Steve Smith, when healthy, is one of the best WRs in the NFL. Tony Gonzalez will get his and Zach Miller is a capable backup.

Beanie Wells and Percy Harvin both offer a ton of upside, but the injuries scare me with Beanie. Benson could put up some number this year as he looks to be the #1 back for the Bengals. Doesn't seem like you can ever go wrong with the Eagles D, but I will be interested in seeing how much of an effect, if any, Jim Johnson's passing has on the team.

Overall, a very good draft and I personally like your chances better than mine. I screwed up on the Cutler pick and might have reached for Slaton. I expect even more out of Forte now that the D can't constantly put 8 men in the box against him but as you said, I could be weak at WR. Bryant could either be a major steal, or he could flop. The good thing is I think it is a contract year for him. Also, a lot rides on Braylon Edwards not having another season like last year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,433
Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I am curious what some of you think about my fantasy draft. It is a PPR league so take that into consideration as I focused on guys that caught a lot of passes. Here it is.

1. Matt Forte
2. Steve Slaton
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Antonio Bryant
6. Derrick Ward
7. Jay Cutler (dumb pick and am trying to trade it)
8. John Carlson
9. Cedric Benson
10. Lance Moore
11. Derrick Mason
12. Jerious Norwood
13. Bo Scaife
14. Bears D/ST
15. Glen Coffee
16. Kris Brown

Thoughts? The Bears D did well last year but would I be smart to drop them for the Bucs D or a team like that? Thanks.
I'm going to take a wild guess and guess that this is a ten man league, because you've got way to many studs on that team for this to be a 14 man league. Good players though. I don't know how someone let you pick up Rodgers and Cutler on the same team.

Rodgers is going to be an absolute stud this season. I would drop Bo Scaife and pick up Jermichael Finley if he is available though. Finley might break out this season and should have more potential than Scaife with Finley being in that GB offense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #5
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm going to take a wild guess and guess that this is a ten man league, because you've got way to many studs on that team for this to be a 14 man league. Good players though. I don't know how someone let you pick up Rodgers and Cutler on the same team.

Rodgers is going to be an absolute stud this season. I would drop Bo Scaife and pick up Jermichael Finley if he is available though. Finley might break out this season and should have more potential than Scaife with Finley being in that GB offense.
Thanks Tex. Rep to you as well. And yes, your guess would be correct.

That was exactly why I picked up Cutler but like an *****, didn't realize he and Rodgers have the same bye week. I was so surprised when he was there that late that I drafted him without even thinking. I will definitely take a look at Finley. The thing I liked about Scaife is he has been pretty consistently average, which isn't always a bad thing.

What about Heath Miller? He is available so you think I should drop Scaife for him or would you still take Finley over him?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks Tex. Rep to you as well. And yes, your guess would be correct.

That was exactly why I picked up Cutler but like an *****, didn't realize he and Rodgers have the same bye week. I was so surprised when he was there that late that I drafted him without even thinking. I will definitely take a look at Finley. The thing I liked about Scaife is he has been pretty consistently average, which isn't always a bad thing.

What about Heath Miller? He is available so you think I should drop Scaife for him or would you still take Finley over him?
I would hang on to Miller for the moment, I have him on one team, just keep a close on the waiver wire and snag either guy if they produce, well we about know were Scaife will be, Finley is a huge ?

As far as WR's is Hixon (Giants available), I personally think he is going to blow up this year. And if no one took Nate Washington jump on him now, I think he will end up being the #1 in Tenn. Also Chris Henry could have a real nice year. One or maybe more of those guys could be undrafted right now, these would be guys to stash on the bench and see how it goes. I will get back to you WR's worthy to trade for, I think the season needs to unfold a little before guessing on who is fading and rising.

If you can't find someone hurting for a QB just hang on to Cutler for a bit, his value could go way up.

I will post my 2 money league teams for comments/advice as well.

*edit* - I misunderstood your TE situation, hang on to Scaife since you already have him, leave him on the bench behind Carlson, Miller is not much of an upgrade but I think his upside is much higher than Texecutioner's projection.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-09-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,433
Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks Tex. Rep to you as well. And yes, your guess would be correct.

That was exactly why I picked up Cutler but like an *****, didn't realize he and Rodgers have the same bye week. I was so surprised when he was there that late that I drafted him without even thinking. I will definitely take a look at Finley. The thing I liked about Scaife is he has been pretty consistently average, which isn't always a bad thing.
My league that I run is a 14 man league. QB's are very heavy because we get 6 points per TD and 5 per 100 yards. I went early with a QB after grabbing Slaton with my first pick. I had to take Rodgers. He was great last year and this year that offense has been lighting teams up like a laser show. That O line is great. I'm so PRO PACKERS for fantasy this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I would try and trade Cutler for another decent player or something or maybe just wait a week or so, because Cutler should still be pretty good even without great weapons. He's been good in pre season thus far. Someone's QB might get hurt, or they'll have a knee jerk reaction to a terrible game.

What about Heath Miller? He is available so you think I should drop Scaife for him or would you still take Finley over him?
I wouldn't touch Heath Miller unless I had nothing else to grab. He is one of the best TE's in the league but mainly because of his blocking. Not his receiving. He can be a nice weapon but Pittsburgh is going to rely on him more for blocking again this year because their O line is so pathetic. I just read that a day or so ago on Roto. Believe me, Miller will NOT be consistent.

Carlson is already a pretty good TE for your starter right now. The Hawks don't have great WR's so Carlson should get some balls thrown his way.

I've got Finley in both of my leagues. He is behind Donald Brown right now, but he's already been way out performing him in pre season and all reports indicate that he's dominating people in practice. They've been raving about him for weeks now and he seemed unstoppable in one pre season game I watched. He left college early after his sophmore year so he just wasn't ready completely last year. He seems ready to break out this year if they use him enough. If he is available I'd snag him up and play Carlson for now and wait and see what Finley does in the first week or two.

Finley will be used as a pass catching TE and not a blocker while Miller will be used more as a blocker and not a pass catcher. Plus, Finley will be on one of the best offenses in the league while Miller will be on one of the worst passing offenses in the league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2009   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Here is team 1:

QB - B Roethlisberger

RB - A Peterson
RB - C Portis
RB - C Williams
RB - F Jones

WR - J Cotchery
WR - M Colston
WR - N Washington
WR - S Moss
WR - Roy Williams

TE - O Daniels
TE - H Miller

K - K Brown

D/ST - Eagles

This is a 12 man league, let me know what you think.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Team 2, also 12 team leauge:

QB - A Rodgers
QB - J Flacco

RB - C Portis
RB - M Turner
RB - F Jones
RB - J Lewis


WR - D Jackson
WR - L Evans
WR - P Harvin
WR - S Moss

TE - J Carlson
TE - K Boss

K - J Kasay

D/ST - Jets
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,433
Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Here is team 1:

QB - B Roethlisberger

RB - A Peterson
RB - C Portis
RB - C Williams
RB - F Jones

WR - J Cotchery
WR - M Colston
WR - N Washington
WR - S Moss
WR - Roy Williams

TE - O Daniels
TE - H Miller

K - K Brown

D/ST - Eagles

This is a 12 man league, let me know what you think.
Decent team and all.

Your going to want to get another QB to pair with Ben though. I had Ben last season and grabbed him early after he accounted for 36 TD's the year before and the thing about Ben is when they're winning towards the 4th quarters by over two TD's he always gets pulled. That drove me nuts last season. Plus they run the ball so much that Ben doesn't get a lot of yards in the air, and with his O line being so banged up he is always one hit away from injury. And his defense is so good that they can run the ball all of the time. He'll have some really nice games here and there though. Luckily I was really good at guessing which ones last season and got lucky a lot.

I'll take a wild guess that Stafford is available in your league. He might put up some decent numbers with Calvin there actually. Stafford has a hell of an arm. I wouldn't suggest a rookie, but I'm sure most of the other good QB's are already taken.

I wouldn't put much stock into Cadillac being the starter. That will be a full blown committee. Portis and Peterson are pretty good though.

Pretty good depth at WR as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Decent team and all.

Your going to want to get another QB to pair with Ben though. I had Ben last season and grabbed him early after he accounted for 36 TD's the year before and the thing about Ben is when they're winning towards the 4th quarters by over two TD's he always gets pulled. That drove me nuts last season. Plus they run the ball so much that Ben doesn't get a lot of yards in the air, and with his O line being so banged up he is always one hit away from injury. And his defense is so good that they can run the ball all of the time. He'll have some really nice games here and there though. Luckily I was really good at guessing which ones last season and got lucky a lot.

I'll take a wild guess that Stafford is available in your league. He might put up some decent numbers with Calvin there actually. Stafford has a hell of an arm. I wouldn't suggest a rookie, but I'm sure most of the other good QB's are already taken.

I wouldn't put much stock into Cadillac being the starter. That will be a full blown committee. Portis and Peterson are pretty good though.

Pretty good depth at WR as well.
Yeah, there was a freaking crazy run on QB's they were all going fast and early so I said screw it and got good depth at WR and RB, and took a QB like Ben in later on, it was better than reaching for him or his equal 2 rounds sooner. I was thinking about trading for a better QB but haven't decided if I want to give up what I got. I also think Jason Campbell with the Redskins will have a really nice year too and can be had later on in the draft, I just couldn't get him but if I can get a guy like that to couple with Ben I will be good I think.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,433
Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yeah, there was a freaking crazy run on QB's they were all going fast and early so I said screw it and got good depth at WR and RB, and took a QB like Ben in later on, it was better than reaching for him or his equal 2 rounds sooner. I was thinking about trading for a better QB but haven't decided if I want to give up what I got. I also think Jason Campbell with the Redskins will have a really nice year too and can be had later on in the draft, I just couldn't get him but if I can get a guy like that to couple with Ben I will be good I think.
Campbell is my backup. He only threw 13 TD's last year though so I'm not high on his fantasy value at all.

Here's my team.

QB - Rodgers, Campbell

RB - Slaton, Benson, Hillis, Michael Bush, Mendenhall, Sproles,

WR - Ocho, Desean Jackson, Santana Moss, Greg Camarillo

TE - Dustin Keller, Jermichael Finley

IDP Defensive Player - Jonathan Vilma

K - Ryan Longwell
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #13
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
As far as WR's is Hixon (Giants available), I personally think he is going to blow up this year. And if no one took Nate Washington jump on him now, I think he will end up being the #1 in Tenn. Also Chris Henry could have a real nice year. One or maybe more of those guys could be undrafted right now, these would be guys to stash on the bench and see how it goes. I will get back to you WR's worthy to trade for, I think the season needs to unfold a little before guessing on who is fading and rising.
Hixon is taken. Who would you recommend between Washington and Henry and who would you think about dropping? Also, who would you drop for one of them? I already dropped Coffee to snag the Tampa Bay defense just in case Chicago sucks it up, which they probably will this week against Green Bay.

Also, get back to me if you have a chance on who you think I could try and get for Cutler.

Quote:
*edit* - I misunderstood your TE situation, hang on to Scaife since you already have him, leave him on the bench behind Carlson, Miller is not much of an upgrade but I think his upside is much higher than Texecutioner's projection.
No problem. I went ahead and held on to Scaife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
My league that I run is a 14 man league. QB's are very heavy because we get 6 points per TD and 5 per 100 yards. I went early with a QB after grabbing Slaton with my first pick. I had to take Rodgers. He was great last year and this year that offense has been lighting teams up like a laser show. That O line is great. I'm so PRO PACKERS for fantasy this year.
Yeah, it was between Rivers and Rodgers for me. It is funny how much people seem to forget about those two. They were just behind Brees in fantasy points and both look like they might do even better this year. I went with Rodgers due to the added rushing ability and two great WRs.

Quote:
I wouldn't touch Heath Miller unless I had nothing else to grab. He is one of the best TE's in the league but mainly because of his blocking. Not his receiving. He can be a nice weapon but Pittsburgh is going to rely on him more for blocking again this year because their O line is so pathetic. I just read that a day or so ago on Roto. Believe me, Miller will NOT be consistent.
Thanks man. The main thing I liked about Miller is he gets quite a few tds and has remained consistent over his career. But yes, he is mainly a blocker.

Quote:
I've got Finley in both of my leagues. He is behind Donald Brown right now, but he's already been way out performing him in pre season and all reports indicate that he's dominating people in practice. They've been raving about him for weeks now and he seemed unstoppable in one pre season game I watched. He left college early after his sophmore year so he just wasn't ready completely last year. He seems ready to break out this year if they use him enough. If he is available I'd snag him up and play Carlson for now and wait and see what Finley does in the first week or two.
I will definitely be watching the Green Bay game to see how Finley looks. Where were you reading about guys raving about him? I haven't seen anything written on him or said about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Here is team 1:

QB - B Roethlisberger

RB - A Peterson
RB - C Portis
RB - C Williams
RB - F Jones

WR - J Cotchery
WR - M Colston
WR - N Washington
WR - S Moss
WR - Roy Williams

TE - O Daniels
TE - H Miller

K - K Brown

D/ST - Eagles

This is a 12 man league, let me know what you think.
Nice team. Like Tex said, I would be a little leery of Roethlisberger. The guy seems to always get injured and they pull him at the end of games. This week should be a good chance to check out Sanchez and if he performs well, I would jump on him. He could have a Matt Ryan kind of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Team 2, also 12 team leauge:

QB - A Rodgers
QB - J Flacco

RB - C Portis
RB - M Turner
RB - F Jones
RB - J Lewis


WR - D Jackson
WR - L Evans
WR - P Harvin
WR - S Moss

TE - J Carlson
TE - K Boss

K - J Kasay

D/ST - Jets
I like this team a ton more. I see you have Kevin Boss. He is available in my league. Should I look at him?

This is a great team all around. Your WRs might be a bit weak but Harvin could surprise and Santana Moss can put up some numbers. I had Evans last year and he was a decent starter for me. Desean Jackson (I am assuming that is who you mean) should only get better. If you mean Vincent, he should also do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Campbell is my backup. He only threw 13 TD's last year though so I'm not high on his fantasy value at all.

Here's my team.

QB - Rodgers, Campbell

RB - Slaton, Benson, Hillis, Michael Bush, Mendenhall, Sproles,

WR - Ocho, Desean Jackson, Santana Moss, Greg Camarillo

TE - Dustin Keller, Jermichael Finley

IDP Defensive Player - Jonathan Vilma

K - Ryan Longwell
Nice. Are you doing two RBs, a flex, and two WRs?

Your starting QBs are great, and I love Slaton. Michael Bush could prove to be a valuable commodity as well as Hillis. I am a little leery of Benson but he has some upside and has basically been handed the starting position.

Since you have Ocho Cinco, should I try to trade Cutler for Ocho Cinco and Schaub?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #14
MeLoveTexans
All Pro
 
MeLoveTexans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 831
Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in 2 PPR leagues. Same rules. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF 1 K, 2 Flex that can be either WR, RB, or TE

Banana Slugs. This is a 2 conference league 12 teams per conference and we had 2 drafts. Big money here

Starters
Matt Ryan QB
Reggie Bush RB
Kevin Smith RB
Reggie Wayne WR
T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Marques Colston WR
Heath Miller TE
Robbie Gould K
Green Bay Packers Def/ST

Bench
Shaun Hill
Ahmad Bradshaw
Jamaal Charles
Glen Coffee
Derrick Mason
Santonio Holmes

I waited a bit late to take a qb they are 4 pt per passing td and 1 pt per 25 passing yds. i may try to package a trade w/ some of my wr. any tips?
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,433
Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Hixon is taken. Who would you recommend between Washington and Henry and who would you think about dropping? Also, who would you drop for one of them? I already dropped Coffee to snag the Tampa Bay defense just in case Chicago sucks it up, which they probably will this week against Green Bay.

Also, get back to me if you have a chance on who you think I could try and get for Cutler.



No problem. I went ahead and held on to Scaife.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Yeah, it was between Rivers and Rodgers for me. It is funny how much people seem to forget about those two. They were just behind Brees in fantasy points and both look like they might do even better this year. I went with Rodgers due to the added rushing ability and two great WRs.
They are both going to be really good this year, but I think Rodgers does better. He is very mobile and their O line is blocking great. He has so many weapons now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks man. The main thing I liked about Miller is he gets quite a few tds and has remained consistent over his career. But yes, he is mainly a blocker.
He is a great TE man. He can be very effective in the passing game, but they'll need to rely on him more for blocking and that's the problem.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I will definitely be watching the Green Bay game to see how Finley looks. Where were you reading about guys raving about him? I haven't seen anything written on him or said about him.
For people that don't know Jermichael Finley, they'll know his name in a few weeks, I can assure you.

Finley was an absolute stud at Texas and left early because he wasn't being used enough and had financial problems because of having a lot of kids early on. The guy is a freak. His potential is out of this roof, and he's been catching a lot of passes in pre season. I've read some stuff on him on ROTO WORLD which is by far the best place for updates on fantasy football, but keep that to yourself, because the less people that know about Roto as their main source the better, and I also have heard from a lot of GB fans on another board called PigSkinHeaven that I'm a very active member of which is a football board for all NFL teams. Texans84 is a member there. We have a lot of good fantasy football talks in there, and it helps me a lot. If you'd like I'll send you a link to the board so you can check it out. You'd be a nice member there. Nitro is in there as well, but rarely ever posts.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
This is a great team all around. Your WRs might be a bit weak but Harvin could surprise and Santana Moss can put up some numbers. I had Evans last year and he was a decent starter for me. Desean Jackson (I am assuming that is who you mean) should only get better. If you mean Vincent, he should also do well.
Desean Jackson is going to have a hell of a year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Nice. Are you doing two RBs, a flex, and two WRs?

Your starting QBs are great, and I love Slaton. Michael Bush could prove to be a valuable commodity as well as Hillis. I am a little leery of Benson but he has some upside and has basically been handed the starting position.

Since you have Ocho Cinco, should I try to trade Cutler for Ocho Cinco and Schaub?
Yes my league has two RB's, two WR's, and a flex. I took out team defense and added a defensive player instead. I hate kickers and team defenses. Next year I'll be taking out the kicker position as well.

When I drafted Rodgers the next best players on the boards were Desean and Ocho so I wanted to make sure my WR's were good because if you struggle with that position it's highly unlikely that you'll find a gem or diamond in the rough as a WR. It happens, but it's highly unlikely. You can always find gems at RB every year once guys start getting hurt. My RB's right now are a little questionable, because most of them are back ups or in committees, but if their starters get hurt all of them have huge potential and should be used quite a bit even as the back ups. I had to take Benson where I did because he was the only for sure starter and he's in a contract year, so he might do well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #16
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in 2 PPR leagues. Same rules. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF 1 K, 2 Flex that can be either WR, RB, or TE

Banana Slugs. This is a 2 conference league 12 teams per conference and we had 2 drafts. Big money here

Starters
Matt Ryan QB
Reggie Bush RB
Kevin Smith RB
Reggie Wayne WR
T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Marques Colston WR
Heath Miller TE
Robbie Gould K
Green Bay Packers Def/ST

Bench
Shaun Hill
Ahmad Bradshaw
Jamaal Charles
Glen Coffee
Derrick Mason
Santonio Holmes

I waited a bit late to take a qb they are 4 pt per passing td and 1 pt per 25 passing yds. i may try to package a trade w/ some of my wr. any tips?
You are loaded with quality WRs. I wish you were in my league because I could definitely hook you up with a QB for one of those WRs. You definitely need some help at RB too. Bush should help you out in a PPR league but he won't get you very many rushing yards. I like your pick of Kevin Smith because he could turn out to surprise some folks. Also, keep stashing Glen Coffee because if Gore goes down, which he seems to do every other year, then Coffee will be the #1 back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #17
MeLoveTexans
All Pro
 
MeLoveTexans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 831
Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
You are loaded with quality WRs. I wish you were in my league because I could definitely hook you up with a QB for one of those WRs. You definitely need some help at RB too. Bush should help you out in a PPR league but he won't get you very many rushing yards. I like your pick of Kevin Smith because he could turn out to surprise some folks. Also, keep stashing Glen Coffee because if Gore goes down, which he seems to do every other year, then Coffee will be the #1 back.
Yea I took Bush in round 6. I knew he was quality at that round for PPR. I am really all in on WR play
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #18
Dan B.
Hall of Fame
 
Dan B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: by the construction
Age: 36
Posts: 6,660
Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Just curious what y'all think about my team (The Electric Slide). I feel pretty good, but we will see. My 12 team eague uses a different system, with two flex players and four IDP's. Starters in bold and an asterisk means they are a flex starter:

QC Shaub, Hasselbeck
RB Forte, LenDale White, Mendenhall*, Moreno, Hightower*
WR Calvin Johnson, Wayne, A Gonzalez, Stokely, Meachem, Cribbs
TE O Daniels
K J Reed
D Tennessee, San Francisco
DL DeMeco, London Fletcher
DB Ed Reed, Gibril Wilson, Finnegan

Quick question: would y'all start Moreno, Meachem, or Stokely at flex over Mendenhall or Hightower? Curious what y'all think but right now I'm starting Rashard tonight.

Last edited by Dan B.; 09-10-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,433
Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Just curious what y'all think about my team (The Electric Slide). I feel pretty good, but we will see. My 12 team eague uses a different system, with two flex players and four IDP's. Starters in bold:

QC Shaub, Hasselbeck
RB Forte, LenDale White, Mendenhall, Moreno, Hightower
WR Calvin Johnson, Wayne, A Gonzalez, Stokely, Meachem, Cribbs
TE O Daniels
K J Reed
D Tennessee, San Francisco
DL DeMeco, London Fletcher
DB Ed Reed, Gibril Wilson, Finnegan

Quick question: would y'all start Moreno, Meachem, or Stokely at flex over Mendenhall or Hightower? Curious what y'all think but right now I'm starting Rashard tonight.
I think Mendy will be a much better player after a few games. He'll have to prove himself though, because all reports are now that Parker is the man over there and that it's not even a committee AND that Parker who is smaller is the GL back. Mendy didn't impress the coaching staff in pre season. I'm not starting him in my league man.

I'd probably go with Moreno even though he still isn't a great start either, but I'd go with him over all of those guys.


Are you used to playing IDP?? This is my first year. I picked Jonathan Vilma. What do you think of him?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,718
Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My fantasy draft

Dan

I would start Hightower.

Are you in a PPR league?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger