Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2005   #41
AnotherBannedUser

interesting i wish there was and option so david could retire and we can go on to look for a legit QB. at this moment i would rather have tony banks at the helm. i might get banned for speaking my mind but oh well
Old 05-23-2005   #42
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

I have said all along that this year is a decision making year. A year that everyone comes under scrutiny including Mr. Carr and the coaches/GM.

I fully expect them to make the standard offer to David based on the contract incentives. However I dont predict that offer to come right away nor do I expect David to sign it right away. I expect more of a wait and see metod by both sides. If David doesnt improve his consistency of play they will hold on making the offer till closer to the end of the season. If the O-line doesnt improve and protect David on a Consistent and Regular basis I fully expect David to hold out and make a fuss about them not doing enough to protect the future of the franchise.

No - One man does not win a game, but one man can make the difference between winning and losing a game especially if he is the QB. No other position on the field has as much impact on a team's win/loss record.

Honestly I keep hearing this company line about the "Chemistry" with the O-line and I just have to wonder - Why do they keep bringing it up? Who are they trying to convince? My guess is it's the fans and the media, because the rest of the teams in league know better and wont be fooled by the hype. I hope the front office "Gamble" with keeping the O-line together pays off better than their plans for Tight end has done thus far because the stats and sack record and performance of those same players sure didnt show it last year especially at the end of the year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read