Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-01-2009   #1
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Breakable ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Breakable ....

When you admit that the franchise your a fan of is a failure and always will be.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

I'm sure this will somehow get blamed on Jared Allen somehow.

He's been injury prone and there is no way around it. NFL spectators, analysts, and fans everywhere mention that before they say anything else when Schaub's name is mentioned. "If he can stay healthy" seems to be the token line with Matt Schaub. I'm so tired of hearing it, but it's totally relevant.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I acknowledge it last year and I got ripped by most for it. Got some negative rep for it. Most said that it was the "cheap shots" that injured him. I kept saying, most Qb's get cheap shots but they don't go down like Matt. We will see who's right by years end. I hope I am totally wrong. But everytime I see Matt with any pressure, I cringe.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I will be the first to admit he's had his troubles staying on the field. Having said that I don't think he would have left this game if it was in the regular season. He did return to finish the half.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't wish injury on any player but it seems every time he gets a solid hit on him he has some new injury.

If you guys do not think that every team he plays goes after that ankle you have not watched football in the last 30 years. Limping off the field and basically telegraphing your injuries to the opposition .... you might as well put a target on that spot. Not saying it is right but you better believe he will get more pressure on that side until he proves his ankle in

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 09-01-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-01-2009   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I acknowledge it last year and I got ripped by most for it. Got some negative rep for it. Most said that it was the "cheap shots" that injured him. I kept saying, most Qb's get cheap shots but they don't go down like Matt. We will see who's right by years end. I hope I am totally wrong. But everytime I see Matt with any pressure, I cringe.
I'm sure having those cheap shots didn't help. Having someone hit your knees like that twice in one game is going to make you miss some time. Just ask Tom Brady.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2009   #8
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

If it is a hammy like it looked ... I would expect a ton of blitzes on him. Hard when you can no move around much in the pocket.

Old 09-01-2009   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm sure having those cheap shots didn't help. Having someone hit your knees like that twice in one game is going to make you miss some time. Just ask Tom Brady.
Yeah, But Tom Brady has missed ONE season... has played well over seven seasons, including many many playoff games. Matt can't get through one season. And I ain't betting the farm that he is getting past this one.
Old 09-01-2009   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't wish injury on any player but it seems every time he gets a solid hit on him he has some new injury.

If you guys do not thing that every team he plays goes after that ankle has no watched football in the last 30 years. Limping off the field and basically telegraphing your injuries to the opposition .... you might as well put a target on that spot. Not saying it is right but you better believe he will get more pressure on that side until he proves his ankle in
He's missed time because of a dislocated shoulder, and because of those cheap shots from Allen. I would assume that a lot of people would have missed the same amount of time because of those injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Yeah, But Tom Brady has missed ONE season... has played well over seven seasons, including many many playoff games. Matt can't get through one season. And I ain't betting the farm that he is getting past this one.
The whole team is betting on him staying healthy, though. I would bet this year wouldn't be as productive without Schaub.
Old 09-01-2009   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The whole team is betting on him staying healthy, though. I would bet this year wouldn't be as productive without Schaub.
That's the million dollar question... What if matt misses more than three games this year. What will Rick Smith do? Draft a Qb in the first? Free agent Qb? Getting a good reliable QB is not easy, just ask the Houston Texans. There's not many around.
Old 09-01-2009   #12
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

So let me get this straght:

A Titans fan wants us to admit our team has QB issues? That we've got way too much money tied up in a guy that never sees the field?

Watch your own team's QB's light up the field. Regale us with the legendary connection of Collins/Washington (sure to outperform Schaub/Johnson at season's end). Something tells me Schaub will have better numbers than Young at the end of the season, no matter how many series Schaub misses to get his ankle taped.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/u...-Shirtless.jpg

So ... when are "yous" going to acknowledge that your guy has issues with sausage parties?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you guys do not thing that every team he plays goes after that ankle has no watched football in the last 30 years. Limping off the field and basically telegraphing your injuries to the opposition .... you might as well put a target on that spot. Not saying it is right but you better believe he will get more pressure on that side until he proves his ankle in
Teams may attack Schaub's injuries i.e. sprained ankle or go after him physically, etc. but by the same token, teams will attack your QB's intelligence.

Old 09-01-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Acknowledged and it's not fun saying that.

Nothing we can do about it now but hope for the best. It's depressing knowing that all the spin in the world isn't going to help this. Matt's got some talent, clearly has the desire, and I think is willing to go out there and play hurt to some extent but he just doesn't appear to have the necessary durability to be an every Sunday guy. We're mostly good as long as we can keep him clean but guys like this tend to find the injuries regardless of what you do.

Hey, we could get lucky. Even Chris Chandler QB'd a team to a Super Bowl once.

We need to be keeping an eye open for his eventual replacement. I'm really thinking next year or two we draft a rookie QB. Hopefully when that guy appears in the draft and we take him the rest of the offense will be in place and ready to start making some noise.
Old 09-01-2009   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2006/wonderlic.htm

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #17
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
So let me get this straght:

A Titans fan wants us to admit our team has QB issues? That we've got way too much money tied up in a guy that never sees the field?

Watch your own team's QB's light up the field. Regale us with the legendary connection of Collins/Washington (sure to outperform Schaub/Johnson at season's end). Something tells me Schaub will have better numbers than Young at the end of the season, no matter how many series Schaub misses to get his ankle taped.
What are you babbling on about? All I said is the guy is injury prone and when all you do is scamper out of bounds and you come up lame it just gives more proof. The Titans are a run first team. Collins is there to keep the defense honest and manage the game. And yes I would hope that your starting QB will probably get better numbers then our #2 guy.

Old 09-01-2009   #18
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are you babbling on about? All I said is the guy is injury prone and when all you do is scamper out of bounds and you come up lame it just gives more proof. The Titans are a run first team. Collins is there to keep the defense honest and manage the game. And yes I would hope that your starting QB will probably get better numbers then our #2 guy.
I believe your number one pick in 2006 was also injured while running out of bounds, and isn't he supposedly "athletic"?
Old 09-01-2009   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Titans are a choke first team.
Old 09-01-2009   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Teams may attack Schaub's injuries i.e. sprained ankle or go after him physically, etc. but by the same token, teams will attack your QB's intelligence.
What are they going to attack him on the bench? Might as well compare him to D. Orlovsky because they actually play the same spot. Young's numbers have blow Orlovsky's out of the water this preseason. Plus Orlovsky is more likely to see the field because of Schaubs troubles staying upright.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read