Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-26-2009   #21
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beer Prices to Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Bud Light quality?? That's an oxymoron if I have ever seen one LOL. If Busch Light is worse I don't even want to imagine how awful that stuff must be.

Just drink tap water Bill. It probably has the same effect and is even cheaper.

Yes, I admit I am a beer snob.
Bud Light is my preferred beer, I don't like it when people bag on it like it sucks, it doesn't, it's good at least to me and they seem to sell a lot of it.

I like a lot of different types of beer as well from all over.
Old 08-26-2009   #22
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew this was coming. The price of hops(major ingredient in beer) has been steadily on the rise over the last year and a half or 2 years due to a shortage because of all the farmers that have switched to growing corn for ethanol. I actually brew my own beer and the price has doubled in a year. Really sucks!!
Old 08-26-2009   #23
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The 12oz beer was funny looking. Looks about as big as one of my weekend Jager shots.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

holly smokes 7.50 a beer?

If I was up there and asked for a beer and they told me "That will be 7.50" .... I would say" I just want one beer"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The beers at Houston's Reliant Stadium this year won't necessarily taste great, but they will be less filling.

In an effort to cut down heavy drinking at games, the Houston Texans quietly reduced the size of beer cups from 24 ounces to 20 while keeping the price -- $7.75 -- the same.

Tony Wyllie, the Texans' vice president for communications, said the move to a smaller cup also was a way to avoid charging fans a higher price during difficult economic times.

"If we'd served 24 ounces this year, the price would be higher," Wyllie told the Houston Chronicle. "Honestly, it was more of a responsibility decision. It wasn't a business decision. ... We wanted to do the most responsible thing."

It also was a money-making decision. Now fans wanting to get the same buzz as last season will have to buy more beers.
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/56171737.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #26
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Bud Light quality?? That's an oxymoron if I have ever seen one LOL. If Busch Light is worse I don't even want to imagine how awful that stuff must be.

Just drink tap water Bill. It probably has the same effect and is even cheaper.

Yes, I admit I am a beer snob.
In the early 70's they used to sell Fallstaff at the Oilers games.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Drunk Deterrent.......or Money Inherent???

A TWO-FER.....and YOU'LL be paying through the nose for it............I'm sure there won't be drunks in the stands now..............riiiiiiiight!
The L.A. Times reports:

Quote:
The beers at Houston's Reliant Stadium this season won't necessarily taste great, but they will be less filling.

In an effort to cut down heavy drinking at games, the Houston Texans quietly reduced the size of beer cups from 24 ounces to 20 while keeping the price -- $7.75 -- the same.

Tony Wyllie, the Texans' vice president for communications, said the move to a smaller cup was also a way to avoid charging fans a higher price during difficult economic times.

"If we'd served 24 ounces this year, the price would be higher," Wyllie told the Houston Chronicle. "Honestly, it was more of a responsibility decision. It wasn't a business decision. . . . We as the Texans wanted to do the most responsible thing."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Drunk Deterrent.......or Money Inherent???

I think we pay 7.50 for a 16oz bottle. I need to fins the 20 oz stands...more beer for the buck...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #29
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad they are watching out for us...lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I am glad they are watching out for us...lol

Don't you see. Money is not the primary drive........it's a show of responsibility.

Don't be surprised if midway through the season (or during the playoffs, if we get there), they discover how really irresponsible they have been...........and half the beer cup size to 12 oz..............at $7.75 a wack.

Of course, they'll be ordering twice as many cups for their newly enlightened responsible drinking population.
Old 08-31-2009   #31
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's why you tailgate..... $7.50 per beer or $10.00 a 12 pack in the parking lot.....You make the Call.
Old 08-31-2009   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The LA Times also picked up the story and titled it, "Texans' message to fans: Buzz off"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,5123130.story

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The LA Times also picked up the story and titled it, "Texans' message to fans: Buzz off"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,5123130.story
Well ... at least their not saying it's got 16% less carbs than the old beer .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #34
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
That's why you tailgate..... $7.50 per beer or $10.00 a 12 pack in the parking lot.....You make the Call.

When I had season tickets, the tailgate gave me all the beer, liquor and shots I could ever need. If I bought anything in the stadium, it was water or some food.
Old 08-31-2009   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
When I had season tickets, the tailgate gave me all the beer, liquor and shots I could ever need. If I bought anything in the stadium, it was water or some food.

YOU CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!! Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do........when they come for you??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read