Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-29-2009   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My first draft

14 team, 14 rounds, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DE/ST

Points - 6 pt Pass, rush, rec TD, 1pt Rec, 1 pt 10 yds rush and receiving, 1 pt 25 yards passing

Drafted 11th, Serpentine
1 - Brady
2 - Slaton
3 - R. Bush
4 - Br Edwards
5 - Sa Moss
6 - Marshawn Lynch
7 - Pittsburgh D
8 - Kevin Curtis
9 - Matt Hasselbeck
10 - Steve Smith
11 - Maroney
12 - Je Norwood
13 - John Carlson
14 - Rackers
Old 08-29-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My first draft

I love your first two picks but hate your third, and your fourth is so-so. Reggie and Braylon are hype in fantasy. Braylon can't hang on to the ball and has had only one good year. And Reggie can't stay healthy. If he played al sixteen games he would be a solid second back. And the rest of your team looks pretty solid.

But Fantasy Football involves luck also and you can hit gold with a pick or two in the later rounds that peform like first rounders. Slaton did that for me last year. Good Luck!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My first draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
14 team, 14 rounds, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DE/ST

Points - 6 pt Pass, rush, rec TD, 1pt Rec, 1 pt 10 yds rush and receiving, 1 pt 25 yards passing

Drafted 11th, Serpentine
1 - Brady
2 - Slaton
3 - R. Bush
4 - Br Edwards
5 - Sa Moss
6 - Marshawn Lynch
7 - Pittsburgh D
8 - Kevin Curtis
9 - Matt Hasselbeck
10 - Steve Smith
11 - Maroney
12 - Je Norwood
13 - John Carlson
14 - Rackers
First two picks are solid but like Stingray said, Bush and Edwards are very risky picks.

You will hate Moss by the end of the season. He is just too inconsistent, he will go several games without doing much of anything and as soon as you take him out of your lineup he will go off for 200 yards and 3 TD's.

Good value with Lynch where you picked him. But you reached on a defense much too early.

I'm not really high on Curtis or Hasselbeck but they are both capable of proving me wrong.

I like the rest of your picks though, Smith is a good sleeper, Maroney is a great pick that late in the draft and so is Norwood, Carlson is a good TE, and Rackers, well he's a kicker and you gotta have one.

Overall, I like your squad. Your receivers are going give you fits though, and you better pray Brady stays healthy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read