Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2005   #21
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

rocky isn't looking for a starting job anywhere i think...but he could come in and be the top back up rotating in on passing downs
Old 03-07-2005   #22
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

He was class of '97 at Sterling, same year as me. I think that year Shaun Rogers was a sophomore or junior at LaPorte high, which we played. I remember my friend who played center got jacked up by Rogers so bad white stuff came out of his nose.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
We (Texans) believe almost anybody would be an improvement over the old, injured, and overpaid Gary Walker. So it would still be a win for the Texans also

What do you mean "We"? We in France or something?

Gary Walker is going to be a madman this season. You wait and see. He's going to be GFunk 2002 version all over again and when he does he's probably going to come find all you guys talking about him losing a step and then you know what happens.

"THE PAIN TRAIN'S COMING! WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO!"
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big Walker fan too. Sad that the entire Texans fan nation has seemed to just discount him in tune with our microwave society. If you look at his career he has always played with fire, intensity and been tough to block with one man. I'm betting he had nagging injuries and it robbed his game last year. I'm pulling for him to bounce back with a big year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #25
keyfro
Hall of Fame

pleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee...have you not been watching the texan games the last two seasons...walker hasn't been productive in two seasons...he's been an injuried old dog...his contract needs to be restructured and we need to find someone who can start...the way walker has been playing he's a better back up than starter...that's why we need bernard because we need a young group of d-lineman to rotate heavily with walker and payne

Last edited by keyfro; 03-07-2005 at 02:22 PM.
keyfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
pleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee...have you not been watching the texan games the last two seasons...walker hasn't been productive in two seasons...he's been an injuried old dog...his contract needs to be restructed and we need to find someone who can start...the way walker has been playing he's a better back up than starter...that's why we need bernard because we need a young group of d-lineman to rotate heavily with walker and payne
You're gonna be near the top of his list keyfro.

Reminds me of that old Dennis Hopper Nike commercial. "You know what's going to happen to keyfro when Gary Walker reads his post? Bad things man....bad things"
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #27
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
..his contract needs to be restructed..
His contract should be restructured way before Sharpers, but Cass can't go
there because it would a total admission that he (Cass) screwed up royaly by giving Walker that ridiculous deal just last year. No, Walkers one of the few "active" guys on a team that's got dead cap money associated with him
because he makes such a pitiful contribution.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #28
keyfro
Hall of Fame

you know what Hervoyel i hope you are right...i hope gary walker turns his career around and has a pro bowl season...because that'll only mean good things for this organization...i just so happen to be more realistic on things
Old 03-07-2005   #29
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
What do you mean "We"? We in France or something?
Well, I should rephrase that to say Some of us Texans fans then
Old 03-14-2005   #30
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Wink

With all this talk about Orlando Pace possibly being a Texan, has there been any updates on the Rocky Bernard situation? Who?! Rocky Bernard!!
Old 03-14-2005   #31
Panther5407
All Pro

I really really hope Rocky comes back home.
Old 03-15-2005   #32
Daonly
Veteran

I'm a friend of Rocky's as well; I graduated in 95. He was an All American at Baytown Sterling (Very Unheard Of). Wasn't for his knee injury. He could have reach higher into the early second round of that draft. I think he has a lot of potential, he was just stuck behind a lot of old vets and the Seahawks was trying to make a push as an contender and didn't have the playing time give him to groom his skills. Rocky Dated my cousin Tavia who was Class Queen that year or whatever that may be. Now I live in L. A.; but I hope he does signs cause he is a hometown boy who going to bring it, and being so close to home going to make him work harder playing in front of friends and family who hasn't been able to see him play in Seattle.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #33
texansfan88
All Pro

Would Bernard even make the team? Texans always bring in local guys for training camp and stuff...wonder how good he is
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #34
Panther5407
All Pro

From what I've seen of him he's pretty good. Would be really good for our line.
Old 03-25-2005   #35
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Rocky Bernard?

I was just reading about Rocky and was wondering if the Texans are still trying to sign him or not?
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #36
texansrock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
He was class of '97 at Sterling, same year as me. I think that year Shaun Rogers was a sophomore or junior at LaPorte high, which we played. I remember my friend who played center got jacked up by Rogers so bad white stuff came out of his nose.

im a freshman at laporte high so this kinda caught my attention and i think shaun rogers was a junior in '97.....but yea he came and talked to our team this year and he was really inspirational.....not that this has anything to do with the post but yea just a bit of info
texansrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #37
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

For any of you who were still interested:

Seahawks | Bernard Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 10:28:09 -0700

The Seattle Seahawks have re-signed restricted free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) to an undisclosed contract.
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #38
Texan Dave
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly
I'm a friend of Rocky's as well; I graduated in 95. He was an All American at Baytown Sterling (Very Unheard Of). Wasn't for his knee injury. He could have reach higher into the early second round of that draft. I think he has a lot of potential, he was just stuck behind a lot of old vets and the Seahawks was trying to make a push as an contender and didn't have the playing time give him to groom his skills. Rocky Dated my cousin Tavia who was Class Queen that year or whatever that may be. Now I live in L. A.; but I hope he does signs cause he is a hometown boy who going to bring it, and being so close to home going to make him work harder playing in front of friends and family who hasn't been able to see him play in Seattle.
I grew up with Rocky, played football with him for 2 years, he graduated the year after me, with my younger brother, he graduated from Baytown sterling C/O 97. He's good but has a lazy streak that's out of this world. He never made all american, he was all state honarable mention his jounior year, and was all state second team his senior year (he was great, but not all american great). I know that he had a poor attitude in highschool (liked to run his mouth more than run on the football feild), but had definate supeirior athleticism, and is extreemly intellegent.
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read