Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-29-2008   #101
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pickem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Second place last year, first place this year!

The great wrong of 2007 has been righted!!!

Where do I pick up my prize?
Damn it Chris I wanted to get to this thread this morning and tell you congrats but I hadn't had coffee yet and the rest is history..

Nice job, my man!

I did the picks with my wife this year so I'll take fifth and be happy. Next year she's playing but playing on her own...lol.

Somebody rep the Champeeen, I can't right now.
Old 12-29-2008   #102
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Damn it Chris I wanted to get to this thread this morning and tell you congrats but I hadn't had coffee yet and the rest is history..

Nice job, my man!

I did the picks with my wife this year so I'll take fifth and be happy. Next year she's playing but playing on her own...lol.

Somebody rep the Champeeen, I can't right now.
LOL - sorry, if I had just been humble a little longer I wouldn't have had to bring it up on my own.

Thanks, Showtime

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #103
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL - sorry, if I had just been humble a little longer I wouldn't have had to bring it up on my own.

Thanks, Showtime
No problem. Seeing the future outcome of games is tougher than having a fantasy team, IMO. At least with a fantasy team you call your own shots to improve the outcome.

More than anything this is a bump post. Show the Champ some love folks, this year was a tough year to call.
Old 12-30-2008   #104
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I know its for no trophy but that one week my picks got kicked off cost me a top 5 finish.

Where's a thumb sucking avatar?

I finished 6th in the houston area in the Chron's pick 'em out of 306 and 254 out of 18,684 nationally. I know...no medal to win there either but hopefully I get lucky and win that tv...lol

College picks with the Chron had me 6 out of 252 local and 92 of 12,022 nationally.

I know...woo hoo...here's yer sign.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #105
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

This one of the best fantasy formats I played in this year. I really enjoyed it, guys and gals. Wish I could have won, but hey, good times nonetheless.

Next year, more smack talk.

Spec, thanks for the gentles nudges now and again, to remind me about Thursday games. Between work, wife, and a very mobile and agile almost-2-year-old, I've hand my hands full!
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #106
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Texans Talk Pickem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
This one of the best fantasy formats I played in this year. I really enjoyed it, guys and gals. Wish I could have won, but hey, good times nonetheless.

Next year, more smack talk.

Spec, thanks for the gentles nudges now and again, to remind me about Thursday games. Between work, wife, and a very mobile and agile almost-2-year-old, I've hand my hands full!
Well said I enjoyed the format, too. Wish I would have done better, but a couple of weak weeks did me in
Old 12-30-2008   #107
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations, Diehard!

I finished strong but I started off really bad. I ended up sixth. Unfortunately, my wife finished third and I'll be hearing about that for at least the next year.

Probably longer.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #108
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks yous guys. I'm looking forward to next year already.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #109
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks yous guys. I'm looking forward to next year already.

Don't.

Your butt is going DOWN next year.
Old 08-26-2009   #110
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Moved to new thread

Last edited by texanmojo; 08-26-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Started new thread
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #111
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Moved to new thread
I hope so.
Old 08-26-2009   #112
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Good call Mojo. I was going to pm Brando pretty quick and see if he was going to do this again. If he doesn't, we can still do it. Count me in.
Old 08-26-2009   #113
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Good call Mojo. I was going to pm Brando pretty quick and see if he was going to do this again. If he doesn't, we can still do it. Count me in.
Just posted it in a new thread...lets get this going! I joined a game late last year...still managed to pull of 7th...i was pleased.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #114
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Don't.

Your butt is going DOWN next year.
is this league closed?
I JUST saw this thread. Played last year and had a blast. Guess I'm too late, huh?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #115
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
is this league closed?
I JUST saw this thread. Played last year and had a blast. Guess I'm too late, huh?
I think you can join still, you just lose out on any points for games played. So really your only out one point.
Old 09-11-2009   #116
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
is this league closed?
This is last years thread. The current one is http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63968
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read