Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009   #1
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate

OK guys, I know it's kinda early to start the thread (if that's even possible) but here's the deal:

I can get us a port-a-cool for the tailgate but I can't fit both the grill and the port-a-cool in the truck. I need someone to haul one or the other. Also - if someone has a generator, we will need that to run it. I can pick it up a day or more before the game if you come late. Bottom line is, no generator = no port-a-cool.

Also - the grill WILL be there for this one.

PS - dimensions on the port-a-cool are: 68"w x 53"h x 36"d and it looks like this:
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate

Awwwwww, gma might make it a little earlier, and be able to stay a little longer if you're able to hook that thing up David!! Unfortunately, I don't have a truck, or I would be the first to volunteer, and would drive all over Houston to help you out. Gonna have to trade in my car! I need BIG WHEELS!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #3
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
OK guys, I know it's kinda early to start the thread (if that's even possible) but here's the deal:

I can get us a port-a-cool for the tailgate but I can't fit both the grill and the port-a-cool in the truck. I need someone to haul one or the other. Also - if someone has a generator, we will need that to run it. I can pick it up a day or more before the game if you come late. Bottom line is, no generator = no port-a-cool.

Also - the grill WILL be there for this one.

PS - dimensions on the port-a-cool are: 68"w x 53"h x 36"d and it looks like this:
We are planning on bringing our generator to this...We can probably run an extension cord across to your side...
But...
Don't these things need running water to work? How are you going to work that?
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #4
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
We are planning on bringing our generator to this...We can probably run an extension cord across to your side...
But...
Don't these things need running water to work? How are you going to work that?
I have portable cooler that holds a keg. It has a standard hose fitting on the bottom for draining. I'm going to fill it & an second cooler up with water. Since the cooler will be on my truck, there will be adequate water pressure to get the water down to the port-a-cool.

PS...The running watts for this thing is 1150.
Old 08-24-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have portable cooler that holds a keg.
Dude, you have a portable cooler that holds a keg??? Awesome!
Old 08-24-2009   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit, nevermind. Our generator is 5500 and can't run that thing. It would take a serious kickass generator to make it work.

Last edited by GlassHalfFull; 08-24-2009 at 06:21 PM.
GlassHalfFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #7
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Edit, nevermind. Our generator is 5500 and can't run that thing. It would take a serious kickass generator to make it work.

????
It only requires 1150 watts.
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2009   #8
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
????
It only requires 1150 watts.
Ours is either 6500 or 8500 (I can't remember and don't want to go out to the garage to see) so we should be good. All we are planning on running on our side is a fan for the misting system. We will just need to figure out a way to get a cord run to your side without causing too many problems (I am thinking a lot of duct tape)...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #9
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
Ours is either 6500 or 8500 (I can't remember and don't want to go out to the garage to see) so we should be good. All we are planning on running on our side is a fan for the misting system. We will just need to figure out a way to get a cord run to your side without causing too many problems (I am thinking a lot of duct tape)...
Sweet. I'll bring some extra fuel for it.

As far as the cord goes, I'll test this weekend and see how well the duct tape holds up. I'll see if I can come up with an aeriel solution if that fails. I'm sure that if we use enough of it, the duct tape should hold up to the people & vehicle traffic.

Thanks Andy!
Old 08-25-2009   #10
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a long cord that I will bring.
Old 08-26-2009   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate

We're going minimal stuff this week - Manuel, Adam, and Stef will all be out for the game.

I do want to buy one of the Honda generators (and have for year) as soon as everything settles from a new job and buying a house.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

We're going with Ceviche. It's easy, it's cool and darn it people like it.
Old 08-26-2009   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We're going with Ceviche. It's easy, it's cool and darn it people like it.
Does that go with the highlife ?
Old 08-28-2009   #14
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Any volunteers yet to help carry the load? I'd perfer to have the grill hauled, as I can load that up in your truck the day before. I'm picking up the port-a-cool on Monday morning.

Gonna do some brats for this one. Will probably soak down a watermelon with some coconut rum as well.... Is it Monday yet?
Old 08-28-2009   #15
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
We're going minimal stuff this week - Manuel, Adam, and Stef will all be out for the game.

I do want to buy one of the Honda generators (and have for year) as soon as everything settles from a new job and buying a house.
Look on Craigs List after hurricane season is over. I bought one in March or April that only had 4 hours on it and looks brand new with pig tails. I believe it is 5500 or 6500 kW and only paid $400.00 for it. I looked it up on the internet and they sold for over $600.00. In my opinon that is the best hurricane insurance you can buy, because as long as I own the darn thing I can almost guarntee we won't have a hurricane because I am prepared.
Old 08-28-2009   #16
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Any volunteers yet to help carry the load? I'd perfer to have the grill hauled, as I can load that up in your truck the day before. I'm picking up the port-a-cool on Monday morning.

Gonna do some brats for this one. Will probably soak down a watermelon with some coconut rum as well.... Is it Monday yet?

Thanks goes to Dean! He's gonna haul the grill.
Old 08-28-2009   #17
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shrimp Scampi is on the menu
Old 08-28-2009   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks goes to Dean! He's gonna haul the grill.
Dean - you da' man!

Quote:
That watermelon sounds REAL good right about now...coming down w/ either flu or a sinus infection last 2 days. I need Cush's hyperbaric chamber to speed recovery!
Old 08-28-2009   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't get there until Aaron gets out of school, so I'll be a little late. Still watching the HEAT index also! Just can't push it to much this year my friends! I'll step it up when reg season gets here. I'll bring something good with me this time also, don't know what.

Sideline will be here for this game also! We don't want him to think we don't know how to tailgate in the heat!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #20
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

if yall need some help lemme know I have a truck and also have a honda quite generator that has never even seen oil.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read