Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-19-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 2-14.......

For those guys who can remember the season before..... how was that different, from what we are experiencing now?
Old 08-19-2009   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2-14.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For those guys who can remember the season before..... how was that different, from what we are experiencing now?
Our offense was terrible during the preseason and we looked awful. I think our 1st team offense looked good against the Chiefs. I remember saying it's just preseason in 2005 but it was a precursor to what ended up as our worst season ever.

Our offense is led by a QB that get it done in the NFL as long as he stays healthy, which we didn't have in 2005.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

They were cutting veteran players in the off-season, for starters.
Old 08-19-2009   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think this thread belongs under Texanstalk.
Old 08-19-2009   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
In the 7-9 season, our offense started off looking pretty good. Carr was smoking the first half of that season. But then, pffft. We tanked at the end of the season. The players seemed to just give up. But I wasn't worried about that.

For me, in that offseason, I was psyched, just like I am now. I thought we were going to turn the corner and have our first winning season even though I had misgivings about the draft. I was surprised by the Travis Johnson pick. I don't even want to talk about the Buchanon deal. But I was excited by the Jerome Mathis pick (although I thought we got him a little early.)

But, honestly, I wasn't following the team as closely as I do now. I was mostly just watching the games and watching the draft.

The difference is that we've been 8-8 two seasons in a row now. We've got a stronger, more solid base of players. We finished the season strong as opposed to tanking. I think we had another good draft and we didn't make any silly trades.

I think there are a lot of differences between this offseason and the offseason after the 7-9 season and before the dark abyss of pain that was the 2-14 season.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
In the 7-9 season, our offense started off looking pretty good. Carr was smoking the first half of that season. But then, pffft. We tanked at the end of the season. The players seemed to just give up. But I wasn't worried about that.

For me, in that offseason, I was psyched, just like I am now. I thought we were going to turn the corner and have our first winning season even though I had misgivings about the draft. I was surprised by the Travis Johnson pick. I don't even want to talk about the Buchanon deal. But I was excited by the Jerome Mathis pick (although I thought we got him a little early.)

But, honestly, I wasn't following the team as closely as I do now. I was mostly just watching the games and watching the draft.

The difference is that we've been 8-8 two seasons in a row now. We've got a stronger, more solid base of players. We finished the season strong as opposed to tanking. I think we had another good draft and we didn't make any silly trades.

I think there are a lot of differences between this offseason and the offseason after the 7-9 season and before the dark abyss of pain that was the 2-14 season.
good post, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think this thread belongs under Texanstalk.
I don't know how I screwed that up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read