Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-19-2009   #61
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
But until the Texans start winning this is a baseball town, for now.
I don't follow that logic because the Astros aren't winning either. The Texans have been at least .500. The Astros are sub .500.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #62
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't follow that logic because the Astros aren't winning either. The Texans have been at least .500. The Astros are sub .500.
But the Astros made the World Series 4 years ago and have made the playoffs a good amount.

As we all know compared to the Texans, who have never.

I think that once the Texans start winning and have a few more years of existence, they PROBALLY will pass the Astros and once again Houston will become a football town as it was meant to be.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #63
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But the Astros made the World Series 4 years ago and have made the playoffs a good amount.

I think that once the Texans start winning and have a few more years of existence, they PROBALLY will pass the Astros and once again Houston will become a football town as it was meant to be.
Houston IS a football town partially due to the Texans, but primarily High School football. H-town is surely one of the top HS football cities in the Nation.

I know I catch my fair share of HS football. Not just my Son's team either.
Old 08-19-2009   #64
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Growing up in Houston the Astros were the only home team I didn't support. Actually I grew up hating them. I was all for them moving when they were threatening that.

There is no doubt Houston will be a Texans town once the Texans start stringing together some good seasons. Football is king everywhere in Texas.
Old 08-19-2009   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Growing up in Houston the Astros were the only home team I didn't support. Actually I grew up hating them. I was all for them moving when they were threatening that.

There is no doubt Houston will be a Texans town once the Texans start stringing together some good seasons. Football is king everywhere in Texas.
Ok, easy, Hookem. Let's not push the envelope too far.
Old 08-19-2009   #66
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can respect that, I love the Astros but I felt that way about the Oilers(although I was young).
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #67
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ok, easy, Hookem. Let's not push the envelope too far.
All of my friends when I was a kid were arrogant Cowboys and Astros fans. Neither team could do any wrong. That went a long way in me hating both teams.

I took to the Dodgers when I was a kid and am still a fan of them to this day (even though I don't follow baseball like I use to). They haven't done much of late however I did get to see them win 2 WS championships.
Old 08-19-2009   #68
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Astros are number one in Houston/South Texas.

I personally like The Texans,Astros,Rockets in that order.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #69
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Astros are number one in Houston/South Texas.

I personally like The Texans,Astros,Rockets in that order.
my sn is the order of my favorite teams..I am hoping the winning gets to the others through osmosis.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read