Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-18-2009   #101
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3754 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I would hope so. 6,000,000 people should be able to fill a stadium on a Sunday when there is absolutely nothing else to do except bonk your sister.... or in your case, your brother.

Well TB, how often has Reliant been "full"?? Not all that often, I would say its realistically 85% full, regardless of the Sold Out streak they feed us...Now in the beginning of the season it is, but it slowly thins out as the season goes on, which I don't get....
Hey, at least it beats being the Jags....more seats covered than sold.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #102
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda' off topic, but how did you get that video to show up on this thread?

Back to the topic of VY, he did okay in his second pre-season game but its still the pre-season so I wouldn't get my hopes up on VY! If he can put up numbers similar to his performance against Tampa in the regular season and remain the starter of the team till' the end of the season then I would consider raving about him but as of now there is nothing impressaive about VY.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #103
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Well TB, how often has Reliant been "full"?? Not all that often, I would say its realistically 85% full, regardless of the Sold Out streak they feed us...Now in the beginning of the season it is, but it slowly thins out as the season goes on, which I don't get....
Hey, at least it beats being the Jags....more seats covered than sold.
Ya know, I'm finally calling BS on this. Every newer stadium that has a "club" level, has the same amount of empty seats. Seriously, before anyone calls BS on me for saying this, take notice this season. I don't care if it's Houston, Tennessee or wherever a newer stadium exists.
Old 08-18-2009   #104
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Kinda' off topic, but how did you get that video to show up on this thread?

Back to the topic of VY, he did okay in his second pre-season game but its still the pre-season so I wouldn't get my hopes up on VY! If he can put up numbers similar to his performance against Tampa in the regular season and remain the starter of the team till' the end of the season then I would consider raving about him but as of now there is nothing impressaive about VY.
He inserted it as a .gif file.

He did "okay" facing 2nd and 3rd teamers. That doesn't bode well for a 3rd overall draft selection with all that talent, skill and hype.
Old 08-18-2009   #105
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff Fisher said that he will play with the first team this week although he will still remain the backup.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #106
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3754 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya know, I'm finally calling BS on this. Every newer stadium that has a "club" level, has the same amount of empty seats. Seriously, before anyone calls BS on me for saying this, take notice this season. I don't care if it's Houston, Tennessee or wherever a newer stadium exists.
It's all levels man...the club is more noticeable though !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #107
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

Yup one bad game makes a player ... especially in the Texans 2009 supper bowl run. If one game made a player Shammy would be down several at this point.

This is what I don't get.
For basically the entire thread you've been trying to prove that one game makes a player... if it applies to the sausage kind of possum holler, it should apply to Methuselah Collins, doncha think?

Collins stands a way better chance of having a meteoric fall than Young does of having a meteoric rise.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #108
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Collins stands a way better chance of having a meteoric fall than Young does of having a meteoric rise.
I like this! ^^^^^
Old 08-18-2009   #109
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
This is what I don't get.
For basically the entire thread you've been trying to prove that one game makes a player... if it applies to the sausage kind of possum holler, it should apply to Methuselah Collins, doncha think?

That not even close to what I said. Both Bulluck and I have stated that one game does not make a player but as someone that has seen every game the guy has played in in the pros he looked more aware and played a much better mental game then he ever has. It doesn't mean that he can repeat it at all it just means he seems to be getting it more and not look as lost. I also stated in this thread he locked up the #2 spot. Meaning I do not even think he is going to be our starter this season but at least I think his competition at QB is settled now. Collins would have to have a epic melt down maybe even pull a Cable on Fisher not to be our starter this season.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #110
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
You have to admit the Jaguars look like a high school attendance in a pro stadium though. I remember last season 50 yard line behind our bench the camera panned over to make a comment about Fisher and half the seats were empty. We are talking 50 yard line first 10 rows. That is sad.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #111
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You have to admit the Jaguars look like a high school attendance in a pro stadium though. I remember last season 50 yard line behind our bench the camera panned over to make a comment about Fisher and half the seats were empty. We are talking 50 yard line first 10 rows. That is sad.
While I like joking at Jacksonville's expense I can understand why they have a hard time drawing. They may be the largest city in the US, but they're more spread out than even Houston and they're a city with less than a million people. Outside the city there's a whole lotta nothing. It's a couple to few hour drive to anywhere.
Old 08-18-2009   #112
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That not even close to what I said. Both Bulluck and I have stated that one game does not make a player but as someone that has seen every game the guy has played in in the pros he looked more aware and played a much better mental game then he ever has. It doesn't mean that he can repeat it at all it just means he seems to be getting it more and not look as lost. I also stated in this thread he locked up the #2 spot. Meaning I do not even think he is going to be our starter this season but at least I think his competition at QB is settled now. Collins would have to have a epic melt down maybe even pull a Cable on Fisher not to be our starter this season.
Yet he still does this.

Old 08-18-2009   #113
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is not only a true statement, but a hilarious statement.

I'm glad you're joking because if you weren't this would show just how clueless you are when it comes to Nashville.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I'm glad you're joking because if you weren't this would show just how clueless you are when it comes to Nashville.
I know that there's some 'talent' in Nashville. I just always figured they were transplants.
Old 08-18-2009   #115
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

well, you know, we are a transplant city. All these aspiring country music stars and such.
Old 08-18-2009   #116
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
well, you know, we are a transplant city. All these aspiring country music stars and such.
Nashville is where we send people that can't cut-it in Austin.
Old 08-18-2009   #117
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know that there's some 'talent' in Nashville. I just always figured they were transplants.
Or test tube babies brought in from surrounding states in attempt to raise the State's intelligence level.
Old 08-18-2009   #118
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Nashville is where we send people that can't cut-it in Austin.
I wish Dallas was in Tennessee
Old 08-18-2009   #119
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Or test tube babies brought in from surrounding states in attempt to raise the State's intelligence level.
A+++++++

Quote:
So do we......
Old 08-18-2009   #120
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That is just to improve the gene pool.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read