Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-17-2009   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Young fired up to wear Oilers' logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I was just giving you a hard time but at the end of the day I still think the Texans have over looked there secondary and it will come back to bite them. Without improved S play and better coverage by the CBs you guys will float in that 7-9 win area until your O starts to drop off and the team looks to rebuild. As AJ gets older he is going to want to start going to the playoffs and looking for that ring. Its only a matter of time that it either happens on this team or he moves on. He is 28 and probably has about 4 to 5 more productive seasons in him. If you don't make the playoffs this season his days are numbered as a Texan IMO.

Good thing he's locked up through the 2014 season.
Old 08-17-2009   #42
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Good thing he's locked up through the 2014 season.

Yup and a player has never found a way out of a contract in the NFL they are iron clad.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #43
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think 13 wins is pretty doable this season.

BTW why is this thing named after you?
Because my meat is classy, thus the top hat and cane !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yup and a player has never found a way out of a contract in the NFL they are iron clad.
With the way that contract is structured, I don't think he's going anywhere, anytime soon. But feel free to sling more crap at the wall, something's bound to stick, huh?
Old 08-17-2009   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was just giving you a hard time but at the end of the day I still think the Texans have over looked there secondary and it will come back to bite them. Without improved S play and better coverage by the CBs you guys will float in that 7-9 win area until your O starts to drop off and the team looks to rebuild. As AJ gets older he is going to want to start going to the playoffs and looking for that ring. Its only a matter of time that it either happens on this team or he moves on. He is 28 and probably has about 4 to 5 more productive seasons in him. If you don't make the playoffs this season his days are numbered as a Texan IMO.

I agree with you that the secondary has again received the smelly end of the stick but the Texans think that if they can improve the pressure they get with the front seven then they can get away with the secondary they have. I don't think that's totally crazy thinking though I'd feel better if they'd go out and steal somebody's "real-deal" FS. I know they're not easily found but our secondary is more or less leaderless and has been since Aaron Glenn left.

AJ isn't going anywhere. He'll get a trip to the post-season this year and be all smiles.
Old 08-17-2009   #46
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I agree with you that the secondary has again received the smelly end of the stick but the Texans think that if they can improve the pressure they get with the front seven then they can get away with the secondary they have. I don't think that's totally crazy thinking though I'd feel better if they'd go out and steal somebody's "real-deal" FS. I know they're not easily found but our secondary is more or less leaderless and has been since Aaron Glenn left.

AJ isn't going anywhere. He'll get a trip to the post-season this year and be all smiles.
Getting pressure up front helps a secondary but the front four can be contained. Only way to stop that is to overload which puts your secondary in man. A good QB will eat that apart. Might help you to get an extra win or two but when it comes playoff time and you are playing the elite it the weakness will get exposed.

Old 08-17-2009   #47
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Because my meat is classy, thus the top hat and cane !!

Old 08-17-2009   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

*ahem* May I remind you...

Quote:
How this thread made it as far as it did I will never understand. You guys always take the bait. By the time we get to page 2 (or 4, your page count may vary) we're talking about...
This thread is not about the Texans secondary. It's about VY and Slug wearing the dead carcass of the former Houston team because the former has a hard time discerning the difference between reality/fantasy and the latter is a fat, greedy bastard.
Old 08-17-2009   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I skipped through most of these posts. I say only that I followed the Oilers from their inception. Had to thank my dad I guess because he liked the Cowboys. I suffered through many losses, 100+degree San Antonio weather during TC, bad decisions on players, coaches and owner. Watched as head coaches and GM's cycled through. Went through Luv ya Blue, Bum Phillips, run and shoot, Pastorini, Bill Cannon, Tolar, the Tyler Rose and Steve McNair that later was murdered. They were MY Oilers even in powder blue. For what ever reason, Bud took them to another state. Munchak and Matthews became another team. I tried to watch them first year or two because of the players, but that quickly went by the wayside.

Now I have another Houston team. The Titans are just another team to go down before us this year. And that's the name of that tune. Tony Baretta and I are out of here.
Old 08-17-2009   #50
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*ahem* May I remind you...

This thread is not about the Texans secondary. It's about VY and Slug wearing the dead carcass of the former Houston team because the former has a hard time discerning the difference between reality/fantasy and the latter is a fat, greedy bastard.

Point taken. I screwed up and started talking football with the enemy in the wrong forum! I know better than this!
Old 08-17-2009   #51
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Point taken. I screwed up and started talking football with the enemy in the wrong forum! I know better than this!

Old 08-18-2009   #52
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are SOOOOO entertaining!!!! THANKS!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #53
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Are you really that ignorant? You have been schooled repeatedly about the Oiler's departure. Please, for the love of God come up with some new material.

And here's a little history lesson for your pathetic, display in futility of a franchise. They've gone 8 seasons and 6 seasons without a playoff birth. A couple of times five seasons. That's a combined 24 years for a team that's only been around 50 (and that doesn't include a couple of years here or there. No wonder Dud Adams and his uneducated fans don't realize that the franchises winning percentage is .495. Or should I say, their losing percentage is .505.

So please, quit acting like the Tinnbreds are anything but a losing, choking POS. Win a Super Bowl before you cast stones. Hell Tampa has won one and their fans are really, pretty classy. *realizes the futility in trying to discuss, class with a fan of "Pud's" team*
well the Titans could look into getting a new stretching coach...

how not to stretch

and with a new stretching coach.. HOW to stretch

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #54
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

AWWWWWWW! My boy Billy!!!!!!!! Sweet memory!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #55
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well the Titans could look into getting a new stretching coach...

how not to stretch

and with a new stretching coach.. HOW to stretch

To bad you don't have a coach that can get you past .500 that might be valuable.

Old 08-18-2009   #56
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To bad you don't have a coach that can get you past .500 that might be valuable.
To bad you can't find a coach who can prevent choking.
Old 08-18-2009   #57
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
To bad you can't find a coach who can prevent choking.
Seriously you want to compare coaches? If you think your coach is better then Fisher you know absolutly NOTHING about football. If Fisher was was on the open market I would bet money the Texans would be in the running along with 20 other teams.

Old 08-19-2009   #58
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the history of the team you supposedly have always followed is not a subject you are very (I should say any) good at but Jeff Fishers record his first few years was not all that great.

1994 Houston Oilers 1 - 5 (Took over mid-season)
1995 Houston Oilers 7 - 9
1996 Houston Oilers 8 - 8
1997 Tennessee Oilers 8 - 8
1998 Tennessee Oilers 8 - 8

So far they are running parallel to one another. One is defensive minded one is offensive minded.
Old 08-19-2009   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I know the history of the team you supposedly have always followed is not a subject you are very (I should say any) good at but Jeff Fishers record his first few years was not all that great.

1994 Houston Oilers 1 - 5 (Took over mid-season)
1995 Houston Oilers 7 - 9
1996 Houston Oilers 8 - 8
1997 Tennessee Oilers 8 - 8
1998 Tennessee Oilers 8 - 8

So far they are running parallel to one another. One is defensive minded one is offensive minded.
Kubiak:
2006 6-10
2007 8-8
2008 8-8
22-26 after 48 games

Porn 'stache:
1994 1-5
1995 7-9
1996 8-8
1997 5-5

21-27 after 48 games

I'm not saying......... I'm just sayin'
Old 08-19-2009   #60
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Fisher might be the better coach at this time, but he's been hamstrung by a carcass wearing ass-jockey his entire career.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read