Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-24-2009   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coming to Houston - need hotel opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Both your hotels are walking distance easy to Reliant. Both your hotels are in the ghetto - so don't go out walking alone at night not on game night. Take a cab to go to another area if you want to go out.

As for tailgating, Blue Crew tailgates right at Kirby and West Ridge, is comprised of a lot of the posters on here, and always welcomes out of towners.

http://www.txdavid.com/tailgate.html
So no worries, just don't be street-stupid? That sounds sarcastic, I don't at all mean it that way at all, just wondering if I made a bad choice.
Old 07-24-2009   #22
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

the area isn't that bad...i was there 2 years ago in that neighborhood and did go out at night (walked). I had 2 other ppl with me but we had zero problems.

Just use common sense
Old 07-25-2009   #23
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Coming to Houston - need hotel opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
So no worries, just don't be street-stupid?
Do that and you'll be fine. Didn't mean to alarm anyone.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #24
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hotel Icon was really nice and I've heard nothing but good things about hotel Zaza
Old 07-25-2009   #25
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Do that and you'll be fine. Didn't mean to alarm anyone.
I wasn't alarmed or anything. It's just I've never been there and was trying to get a good idea of the place. The info is always appreciated.

I can't wait for the San Francisco game.
Old 07-25-2009   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I wasn't alarmed or anything. It's just I've never been there and was trying to get a good idea of the place. The info is always appreciated.

I can't wait for the San Francisco game.
I will be at that game with my family, first time I am taking my kids to a game.
Old 08-15-2009   #27
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

JUST BOOKED!!

Cant wait. Staying at the Holiday Inn South Loop, got seats in Sec 521 almost front row. I also am using SuperShuttle or Blue Van to get from and back to the airport. Anyone ever use them?

Thanks for all the help

CANT WAIT MNF
Old 08-15-2009   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
JUST BOOKED!!

Cant wait. Staying at the Holiday Inn South Loop, got seats in Sec 521 almost front row. I also am using SuperShuttle or Blue Van to get from and back to the airport. Anyone ever use them?

Thanks for all the help

CANT WAIT MNF
Supershuttle is fine. If you have more than 1 person, car servicce may be cheaper.

Mnf is gonna rock. Great choice in a game.

Oh...one more thing. You better tailgate this time. Or you might not ever live down.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #29
ChrisG
Road Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Supershuttle is fine. If you have more than 1 person, car servicce may be cheaper.

Mnf is gonna rock. Great choice in a game.

Oh...one more thing. You better tailgate this time. Or you might not ever live down.
its just me and one other person - came to 40 bucks round trip per person

hell yea im tailgating...gonna stop by the blue crew and probably a few others

just got my battle red texans jersey

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read