Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2009   #1
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Asking for help...To keep pictures coming...

As some of you may have seen in the other thread, my camera died the other day at training camp. The shutter motor failed so it is really now just a couple pound paperweight.

From doing some looking this camera has an average life of the shutter motor of 40-50,000 pictures, since our site has over 45,000 pictures, I am guessing this camera has taken over 60-70,000 pictures, so I guess I should be happy it lasted this long. I should also be happy it died when it did...During training camp rather then our Monday night game...

Don't worry, I am going to be getting a replacement so our site will continue to exist and keep providing pictures for you.

We have never wanted to have our site be a pay site but with having an unexpected ~$1000 outlay right before the season, I have added a donation page to our site that will hopefully help offset some of this cost.

Click here to donate...

Anything that you can give would be great...Thanks...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com

Last edited by BullPenPhotos; 08-08-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Having the link to the donation page would help...
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Asking for help...To keep pictures coming...

Done. Thanks for all that you share with us.
Old 08-08-2009   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Done. Can't wait to see the new pics! Thanks again for all the great photos.
Old 08-08-2009   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in.
Thanks for all the previous pix.

Looking fwd to the new ones.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Popped a few $, hope it helps.

Thanks again for the awesome work you do for all of us fans, I hope others are willing to give a hand too to secure all of those fantastic pictures you provide!
Old 08-10-2009   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
Anything that you can give would be great...Thanks...
Done!!
Old 08-10-2009   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Done.

You are the only keeper of Texans photographic history. I would hate to have that go away.
Old 08-10-2009   #8
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to let everyone know what I have already offered to the people that have donated...

Quote:
To thank people for this I am planning on providing anyone who donates at least $10 will get a CD at the end of the season with a selection of pictures from this up coming season of many of the great pictures that I hope to get. Once you donate and provide me a mailing address I will send you a CD with 50-100 of my better pictures from this season. These pictures will be the full sized pictures without the watermark that is on the website.

As part of this, if there are any pictures this season that you want to see on the CD let me know during the season and I will make sure that they make it on the CD or are sent directly to you.

Again thanks for helping me out with this...
Since I am already going to be sending one of these CDs to Denmark...Don't think you are too far away to have me send you one.
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 08-10-2009   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Done. Keep those great photos coming.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just to let everyone know what I have already offered to the people that have donated...

Since I am already going to be sending one of these CDs to Denmark...Don't think you are too far away to have me send you one.
Does that CD include our improbable playoff run as well as the b ig game?

Old 08-10-2009   #11
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Does that CD include our improbable playoff run as well as the big game?

I would love to take pictures at more then 10 home games this year...
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 08-10-2009   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would love to take pictures at more then 10 home games this year...
Done and...
I believe you will.
Old 08-10-2009   #13
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Done... and thanks for doing what you do !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in. Thanks for all the pictures Andy. Great work!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #15
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Count me in too.!! Keep up the good work!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #16
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Just an update...
New camera has been ordered...Should be here hopefully by Friday...

12.1 Mega Pixels compared to the last one being 6.1, the pictures on the site will go up in size some, but they will still be smaller then the originals since we only have a limited amount of bandwith.

But for the people who like seeing the following of action shots...The new camera will take 4.5 pictures per second. So I don't expect to miss the action...But don't complain if I miss something...Because I am sure I am going to miss something someone wanted to see...

Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 08-11-2009   #17
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just an update...
New camera has been ordered...Should be here hopefully by Friday...

12.1 Mega Pixels compared to the last one being 6.1, the pictures on the site will go up in size some, but they will still be smaller then the originals since we only have a limited amount of bandwith.

But for the people who like seeing the following of action shots...The new camera will take 4.5 pictures per second. So I don't expect to miss the action...But don't complain if I miss something...Because I am sure I am going to miss something someone wanted to see...

Wow, Very cool. Can't wait to see the product.
Old 08-14-2009   #18
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

The new camera is here...
I still need to figure out what the image size will be on the site, but just to give you an idea of what the differences are...Here is a full sized image with my old camera...
Old Camera
New camera...
New Camera
Make sure the image is full sized when you look at them if your browser resizes them.
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
Old 08-14-2009   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I still need to figure out what the image size will be on the site, but just to give you an idea of what the differences are...Here is a full sized image with my old camera...
Old Camera
New camera...
New Camera
Make sure the image is full sized when you look at them if your browser resizes them.
Great quality!
Old 08-14-2009   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old Camera
New camera...
New Camera
There's apparently something wrong with the new one. There isn't any football stuff in the picture. ...go back to the old one.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read