Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-14-2009   #21
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Forgot...I am in far South Arlington.
Old 08-14-2009   #22
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I want to hook with fellow Texans fans, but you guys seem too far from me. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney/The Colony area. Anyone up here want to get together during the regular season?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Man, I want to hook with fellow Texans fans, but you guys seem too far from me. I'm in the Frisco/McKinney/The Colony area. Anyone up here want to get together during the regular season?

Honestly, there are enough Houston area trasplants where we should be able to have 3 or 4 of these over the Metroplex, but it has not worked out that way. Largely, because the Texans have not been good.

The spread part of the reason that we moved around last year as OzzO was in Wiley and we had a couple of in more NE locations. What would be a drive you could make?
Old 08-14-2009   #24
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Honestly, there are enough Houston area trasplants where we should be able to have 3 or 4 of these over the Metroplex, but it has not worked out that way. Largely, because the Texans have not been good.

The spread part of the reason that we moved around last year as OzzO was in Wiley and we had a couple of in more NE locations. What would be a drive you could make?
The farthest I've gone down to meet for a game (Texans/Rockets) was 635/75. If I went west, I would go as far as the Lewisville area.

Any farther I have to go, I'd just go to a bar then.

Now for the MNF game, I would definitely meet up, but don't want to go too far south....

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #25
Big Tex 13
BigTex

My brother and I are both huge Texan fans and live in Carrollton. We have season tickets, but for the games we don't make it to, we need a fun bar to hang out at. Are there any fans up in the Carrollton/Addison area? Also, any luck on preseason games in Dallas?
Big Tex 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #26
rvguy121
RVGuy

Yawnnnnn! Hello everybody, sorry I haven't posted in over a year, but I had NFL ticket at home and only made one or two watch parties. I will not be able to afford The Ticket this year and so I want to attend the watch parties! Has a permanent site been selected or will there be multiple locations? We live in east Dallas...

This looks like it will be a fantastic season, and I don't want to miss a snap!
rvguy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #27
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like we're spread all over the Metroplex. We may have to split up into two different groups for most games, but we all need together for at least a couple of games during the season.
Old 08-20-2009   #28
ArlingtonTexan

I have talked with Greg the Manger at Flipps and he would be happy to have us. If he is around he usually does something for the grouup and he said there would be $2 domestic pints during the games on sundays. this is the Grapevine location which all thing considered is pretty central. FWIW he has also opened another one in fort Worth.
Old 08-21-2009   #29
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Good call on Flips A-Tx. If I'm ever up visiting the fam on a football weekend, I'll find y'all.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #30
rvguy121
RVGuy

WW Fairfields in Richardson is wanting to host some of our games as well. It's a nice venue and they have food and pitchers of beer. We could basically have the place to ourselves. This location would be great for thoe of us in the Dallas area!
Old 08-25-2009   #31
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are voting I'm in for Flips and only b/c last year the manager turned the volume up around the bar so we could hear the gameday audio. Also, good food and easy enough to get to. It is near the north end of DFW airport and pretty much centrally located as discussed earlier. It amounts to a 25 minute drive for me, but we are all from Houston and that could very well be across the street.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009   #32
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I have talked with Greg the Manger at Flipps and he would be happy to have us. If he is around he usually does something for the grouup and he said there would be $2 domestic pints during the games on sundays. this is the Grapevine location which all thing considered is pretty central. FWIW he has also opened another one in fort Worth.
Flipps sounds good to me. I live down south in Mansfield, but the girfriend is in Keller. Since she is forcing me to watch Cowboy games, she will be forced to watch the Texans.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #33
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey everyone.

I just moved to Denton (going to UNT) from Austin. I don't mind a drive, I'll go to whichever party has the biggest TV and the most fans.

So basically I'm just posting to say "count me in".
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #34
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Glad to see you made it onto TT, wagonhed.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #35
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I might be around this year, or might not. Sorry about bailing on the old crowd last season, life and what not happened.

If/when y'all meet at Flip's in Grapevine let me know and I might be able to make it out.

OzzO, congrats on the move back to Houston.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #36
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Glad to see you made it onto TT, wagonhed.
Thanks again for directing me here!

I had some trouble registering but here I am.
Old 08-26-2009   #37
ArlingtonTexan

Looks like we will try Flips starting the year as one of the locations.

Website with menu

http://www.restauranteur.com/flipspatiogrill/index.htm

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Fl...SS&id=23431365

It seems like some of the North & East guys want something closer and I am all for having multiple Texans spots and would even make the drive support you guys once or twice in the year.
Old 08-28-2009   #38
rvguy121
RVGuy

Grapevine is a real stretch for me...but for all of us in the east and north Dallas, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett areas WW Fairfields would like to be considered for hosting us there. The manager/owner would like to know if anyone's interested so they could plan ahead for us.
Old 08-30-2009   #39
wagonhed
Team Gruden

I'm in Denton and that Flips location looks fine to me...

Are we doing this on Monday?
Old 08-30-2009   #40
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in. I won't be able to make it to the Monday Night game since I'll be in class, but I'll definitely be there for the Jets game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read