Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009   #1
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preacher Man is startin' to get EXICTED!!!!!!!!!

On a separate thread my man Rich requested a sermon. As much as I'd like to, I can't exactly type out a sermon here on the interweb. Fact of the matter is a very large part of my mojo comes from the Yellow Lot itself: the people; the food; the Miller Lite; the bloody mary's; the mimosas; the music; the friends; the aquaintences; the strangers; the camaraderie; the sun; the heat; the clouds, the cold, the rain; the wind; the grass, the trucks; the tents; the grills; the smoke; the tables; the chairs; the couch; the flag poles. It's GAME DAY. THAT is where the sermons come from. The good news: a week from Saturday it's GO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's even better good news though...
OUR team...
The HOUSTON TEXANS...
have turned a corner.

It's time for Texans fans to turn a corner as well. It's not going to be like 2002 and 2003 when were just happy to have a team at all. Win or lose we were happy to just be back in the NFL game. It's not going to be like 2004-2008 where the best we could realistically do is show up at Reliant Stadium and HOPE for Texans victory. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Those days are OVER!!!!!!!! In 2009, the Houston Texans are EXPECTED to win. EVERY SINGLE WEEK. EXPECTED... TO... WIN... Any other option is unacceptable. EXPECTATIONS may be a new concept to Texans fans, but that's where we are in 2009 and we're not looking back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody on three... One.. Two... Three...

It's 2009 and I EXPECT VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

(beer time)

bpe3

note: ignore my first sentance
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preacher Man is startin' to get EXICTED!!!!!!!!!

Confused. I'm a new yeller lotter. I thought Texanmojo.com was the preacher?
Old 08-12-2009   #3
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

And the blue lot still sucks

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #4
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought Texanmojo.com was the preacher?
No. That's his life long friend.

bpe3
Old 08-12-2009   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
No. That's his life long friend.

bpe3

One of these days I'm going to drag my ass over from platinum to take part in the festivities.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
One of these days I'm going to drag my ass over from platinum to take part in the festivities.
yellow lot rocks, man!
Old 08-12-2009   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen!!!!
Old 08-12-2009   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yellow lot rocks, man!
Yellow and Orange IMHO are the best lots out there for tailgaing... The others all have thier good parts, but the Yellow and Orange have it all, and no corporate BS either !!

Man, thanks for getting me stoked !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #9
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Can't wait! Another season of the Yellow Lot...simply the best time of the year.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Confused. I'm a new yeller lotter. I thought Texanmojo.com was the preacher?
Nope...I am not the preacher...but he and I have been lifelong friends and founded the TexanMojo tailgate party.

Sssshhhh...the Preacher Man is at the top of this thread...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #11
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yellow lot rocks, man!
I have to agree. Yellow Lot's grass seems to bring out the community atmosphere that I don't see in other lots. Don't get me wrong, all the lots are fun, but Yellow seems like a day at the park because of the grass.

Dammit, I miss my season tickets...
Old 08-31-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Yellow and Orange IMHO are the best lots out there for tailgaing... The others all have thier good parts, but the Yellow and Orange have it all, and no corporate BS either !!

Man, thanks for getting me stoked !!!
What's the matter man? We have too many hot chicks and not enough sausage for you??
Old 08-31-2009   #13
twotexanfans
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 twotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden cover

This is our first year in Yellow and we're more than impressed so far. I must admit I had no idea there was a party like that anywhere other than Blue. We're thrilled with the grass, the people, and the lively atmosphere, but mostly- not having to pay the ridiculous "luxury tax" most folks attach to the blue lot parking pass Look forward to meeting a bunch of ya soon!!
twotexanfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #14
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotexanfans View Post
This is our first year in Yellow and we're more than impressed so far. I must admit I had no idea there was a party like that anywhere other than Blue. We're thrilled with the grass, the people, and the lively atmosphere, but mostly- not having to pay the ridiculous "luxury tax" most folks attach to the blue lot parking pass Look forward to meeting a bunch of ya soon!!
Welcome to the party!

Looking forward to that first shotgun this afternoon!
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #15
twotexanfans
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 twotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden covertwotexanfans could be on the next Madden cover

Wow! We stopped by to visit, and pass out some Jello, and we were lucky enough to get to take part in our first ever mass shotgun! Awesome! Thanks very much for the hospitality!
twotexanfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

So which one is Patrick? I think he's the bigger guy. There were two. I introduced myself to Patrick like twice but he seemed to be a bit preoccupied. Lol.

Those two girls after the game... Wow. What a great friggin' show.
Old 09-02-2009   #17
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Preacher Man, I heard those Blue Lot folks are talking smack about you

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #18
bpe3
Veteran

Preacher Man doesn't care much what a bunch of three piece suit wearing, brief case toting, business card handing outing blue lotters think of him. :-)

While he's in his seat watching the Texans crash the Jets next weekend, the Blue lotters will all be sitting at the Spur Bar or Star Bar or Cuervo Cantina sipping cocktails, ignoring the game and moping about the sorry state of their stock options and 401k balances.

bpe3
Old 09-02-2009   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody on three... One.. Two... Three...

Travis Johnson is a San Diego Charger ...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read