Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-10-2009   #61
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP
Default Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I hate the Titans as much as you do, but I could never hate Vince Young, no matter what he does in the NFL.

How could I hate the guy that helped Texas win two BCS Bowl Game? The one that promised that the Longhorns were gonna come back to Pasadena? How could I hate the guy that brought back a National freakin Championship to Austin?

Because he plays for some team that we all hate? It isn't like he choose to go to Tennessee. He left Texas so the Texans could draft him, but apparently, they didn't.

So what if he cost us some games back then? It didn't matter anyways, and it wasn't like he cost us a Playoffs. And yeah, I did cry when he ran that 49 yards TD in OT. Sure it pains me that he plays for Bud Adams, but I'll always root for him, tho never for the Titans.
Hear, hear.

I don't want him to be a bust. Simply to under-perform in a manner to unquestion our man Mario.

No matter your alma mater, how could a Texan, resident, native et al, not take pride in his performance vs USC? It strikes me as bordering on state treason!
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #62
Polo

I don't want VY to be a bust, but I guess we don't always get what we want.
Old 08-10-2009   #63
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't think it is necessarily a matter of one over another. It's just a matter of living in the current. Today VY is a Titan along with a bunch of other guys that have the goal of making my life miserable by winning a SB for Bud Adams. What he did for me at UT doesn't change that fact.
It's a priority by default. They end up in the NFL, so that's where the final allegiance is going to be made. If they happen to land on a team that you like, then you can continue rooting for them. But land on a team that you despise *cough*Titans/Cowboys*cough* then the decision has been made for you.
Old 08-10-2009   #64
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Hear, hear.

I don't want him to be a bust. Simply to under-perform in a manner to unquestion our man Mario.

No matter your alma mater, how could a Texan, resident, native et al, not take pride in his performance vs USC? It strikes me as bordering on state treason!
To me treason is rooting for a team that screwed over its fans and left the state of Texas. Rooting for VY IS rooting for the Titans. You cannot seperate the two and most here in Austin don't try to.

Of course I am proud of what VY did at Texas. Actually I am proud of the entire team for winning us a NC in 2005. That was a killer game and was a blast to watch. However I am now more interested in the 2009 UT roster and Colt McCoy. As a Longhorn fan Colt is the only QB I feel obligated to be rooting for this season.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #65
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hear, hear.

Yeah I am sure all those Aggies are cheering for him right now.

Old 08-10-2009   #66
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yeah I am sure all those Aggies are cheering for him right now.

i emigrated here in my teens. Went to UH; attended a few away games vs UT & TAMU during the Ware era. I felt the contempt of the crowd - i get it.

But really? When it's an in-state school vs an out-of-state (especially a big-time program)***? A TAMU, TT, UT, TCU win only legitimizes the football being played in our state. Rispek!

Perhaps i'm ignorant of the schools' histories vs each other; some Auburn v Alabama dirty pool type stuff.

*** Cases affecting BCS rankings excluded.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #67
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i emigrated here in my teens. Went to UH; attended a few away games vs UT & TAMU during the Ware era. I felt the contempt of the crowd - i get it.

But really? When it's an in-state school vs an out-of-state (especially a big-time program)***? A TAMU, TT, UT, TCU win only legitimizes the football being played in our state. Rispek!

Perhaps i'm ignorant of the schools' histories vs each other; some Auburn v Alabama dirty pool type stuff.

*** Cases affecting BCS rankings excluded.
If interested, you should read some of the history about the the ol' Southwest Conference. It was a great conference. I know that you mentioned you were here during the Ware days, but that was towards the end of the SWC. It basically fell apart shortly after those asshats in Arkansas jumped ship and SMU was busted.

The conference started off consisting of teams from only three states until the mid 20's. Then the conference consisted of all teams being from Texas except one - Arkansas. That's a lot of great football coming from the state of Texas.

As you read the history, some of the names involved are incredible. Names like Earl Campbell, Darrell Royal, Paul "Bear" Bryant, John David Crow, Hayden Fry, Sammy Baugh, Doak Walker, Lance Alworth, Bill Yoeman and on and on and on.... Good stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read