Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-06-2009   #41
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB

Clearly needs to get back on his medication.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #42
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Maybe he has already had a bust made of himself and will personally carry it in there this weekend when the Titans are up there.

"Hi, I'm Vince Young, how much are tickets to tour the Hall? ... $18??, man those are steep. Damn girl, here you go. ... What's that? Where am I going with what? Oh, this big thing that has a head on it? It's just a little somethin' somethin' I had made up. I thought I would find a place to put it in there somewhere. ... What do you mean I can't bring it in with me? ... You're not from Austin are you?"

I'm still PO'ed about the Titans wearing the old Oiler uniforms Sunday night. I'm likely to go through the roof once I see it on TV.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #43
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
http://www.esquire.com/features/what...biography-0909

However this was the first thing for him to say ...

Don't need a good arm in the NFL? OK, I guess we'll see about that.
It's time for a random on this guy.
Old 08-07-2009   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
I'm still PO'ed about the Titans wearing the old Oiler uniforms Sunday night. I'm likely to go through the roof once I see it on TV.
I've decided that I'm not going to watch it. Eff it!!!
Old 08-08-2009   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

really need to fix the title

VY says he will be at the IHOP and the next back-up QB to win SB

I hope Ihop isn't running one of those unlimited pancake promo's

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #46
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
As long as he is on Bud's payroll all bets are off. His "this is my house" crap at Reliant didn't help his cause either.

Unlike many Longhorn fans my rooting interest for UT players ceases when they trade in their burnt orange for their NFL colors unless they play for a team I root for. If VY ever ends up playing for the Texans then I will wish him all the best.

BTW, us Austin area Texans fans had to put up with a lot of crap because of VY. Sure I know it's not his fault however him failing at the NFL has made that situation a lot better around here.

Also I started this thread in the Rivalry section. Bashing Titans players is a good part of what this section is all about.
Some Longhorn "fan" you are.
Old 08-08-2009   #47
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I dont think I've ever seen a millionaire working at IHOP, or that sort.
Old 08-08-2009   #48
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well played, Wolf. Well played.

I would have repped you but that whole "spread it around" thing....
Old 08-09-2009   #49
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Some Longhorn "fan" you are.
Some Texan "fan" you are. Here you go http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/index.php
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #50
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Quote:
Some Texan "fan" you are. Here you go http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums/index.php
I hate the Titans as much as you do, but I could never hate Vince Young, no matter what he does in the NFL.

How could I hate the guy that helped Texas win two BCS Bowl Game? The one that promised that the Longhorns were gonna come back to Pasadena? How could I hate the guy that brought back a National freakin Championship to Austin?

Because he plays for some team that we all hate? It isn't like he choose to go to Tennessee. He left Texas so the Texans could draft him, but apparently, they didn't.

So what if he cost us some games back then? It didn't matter anyways, and it wasn't like he cost us a Playoffs. And yeah, I did cry when he ran that 49 yards TD in OT. Sure it pains me that he plays for Bud Adams, but I'll always root for him, tho never for the Titans.
Old 08-10-2009   #51
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I sense another VY meltdown on the horizon.
I think it might have just sailed past us all
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #52
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are they???

Signed,

Lendale White
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #53
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I hate the Titans as much as you do, but I could never hate Vince Young, no matter what he does in the NFL.

How could I hate the guy that helped Texas win two BCS Bowl Game? The one that promised that the Longhorns were gonna come back to Pasadena? How could I hate the guy that brought back a National freakin Championship to Austin?

Because he plays for some team that we all hate? It isn't like he choose to go to Tennessee. He left Texas so the Texans could draft him, but apparently, they didn't.

So what if he cost us some games back then? It didn't matter anyways, and it wasn't like he cost us a Playoffs. And yeah, I did cry when he ran that 49 yards TD in OT. Sure it pains me that he plays for Bud Adams, but I'll always root for him, tho never for the Titans.
A lot of players helped us win the NC and I never said I literally hated VY. However I will be happy to take shots at him whenever he gives me the opportunity (as long as he is a Titan). Why, maybe it's because of all the Texans bashing I have had to deal with here in Austin because of VY coupled with everything Titans. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Austin TV has opted to show the Titans over the Texans because of VY.

Again, I don't get why I have to root for UT players at the NFL level just because they went to UT, especially if they play for a team I despise.

I am like this at all levels. What if a player from my High School goes to OU? Do I need to root for them at OU just because they played for the HS team I root for? Sorry, all bets are off once they become a Sooner. I don't see why this is so hard to comprehend.

However all of that being said I will say that I root hard for Okam and Studdard. Oh, and Aaron Ross (I am a fan of the Giants also).
Old 08-10-2009   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A lot of players helped us win the NC and I never said I literally hated VY. However I will be happy to take shots at him whenever he gives me the opportunity (as long as he is a Titan). Why, maybe it's because of all the Texans bashing I have had to deal with here in Austin because of VY coupled with everything Titans. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Austin TV has opted to show the Titans over the Texans because of VY.

Again, I don't get why I have to root for UT players at the NFL level just because they went to UT, especially if they play for a team I despise.

I am like this at all levels. What if a player from my High School goes to OU? Do I need to root for them at OU just because they played for the HS team I root for? Sorry, all bets are off once they become a Sooner. I don't see why this is so hard to comprehend.

However all of that being said I will say that I root hard for Okam and Studdard. Oh, and Aaron Ross (I am a fan of the Giants also).
Conversly, do I hate Earl because he went to TU?? Au contraire - absolutely not!!!
Old 08-10-2009   #55
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Conversly, do I hate Earl because he went to TU?? Au contraire - absolutely not!!!
Good point. I don't hate any player, however there are some I want to fail just like there are some that I want to succeed. Some I don't really care.

Here is the equation

Vince Young at Texas = I want him to succeed because I am a Longhorn fan. When VY throws a TD, Texas scores a TD, when VY wins, Texas wins.

Vince Young as a Titan = I want him to fail because I am a Texans fan. When VY throws a TD, the Titans score a TD, when VY wins, the Titans win.

You know, maybe if one is not an NFL fan, doesn't have any rooting interest and only lives for Saturdays then I get them casually rooting for the guys in the NFL who played for their college team. However to me this is just as annoying as sitting next to a bunch of fantasy guys cheering on players on their fantasy team.
Old 08-10-2009   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well I understand your stance here Hookem. That's the way you see things and your fanship obviously stops for UT players once they leave the school unless they're playing for the Texans. I can't say that's a negative thing for any reason. To each it's own I guess. However, I don't see how you wouldn't also understand why many fans would root for their favorite college players from their favorite schools as they go into the NFL and further their careers. You may have a different take on that, but I'm sure you can understand why others still do root for their favorite UT players or USC players if they're a USC fan or from a school like Michigan or whatever.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #57
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well I understand your stance here Hookem. That's the way you see things and your fanship obviously stops for UT players once they leave the school unless they're playing for the Texans. I can't say that's a negative thing for any reason. To each it's own I guess. However, I don't see how you wouldn't also understand why many fans would root for their favorite college players from their favorite schools as they go into the NFL and further their careers. You may have a different take on that, but I'm sure you can understand why others still do root for their favorite UT players or USC players if they're a USC fan or from a school like Michigan or whatever.
Maybe it's because I root for teams not indidual players. If Andre Johnson decides to leave the Texans via free agency some day and go play for the Cowboys I won't be rooting for him there despite the fact he was one of my favorite Texans.

Speaking of AJ, I didn't root for him at Miami because I am not a fan of the Hurricanes.

Admittedly, I will admit it is pretty cool if a player I rooted for in college (because he played for UT) ends up playing for my favorite NFL team. For example Earl Campbell will always be one of my favorite players because I had the priviledge to root for him from college through the pros. If Earl would have been drafted by the Cowboys I would have remembered him as a great Longhorn however someone I didn't root for at the NFL level. Because I am more of a NFL fan I would probably think of him more as a Cowboy than a Longhorn, therefore not having fond memories of him.
Old 08-10-2009   #58
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hookem's got his priorities straight!

Texans > Longhorns
Old 08-10-2009   #59
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Hookem's got his priorities straight!

Texans > Longhorns
I agree, I am a huge Longhorn fan, but the Texans come first!
Old 08-10-2009   #60
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I agree, I am a huge Longhorn fan, but the Texans come first!
I don't think it is necessarily a matter of one over another. It's just a matter of living in the current. Today VY is a Titan along with a bunch of other guys that have the goal of making my life miserable by winning a SB for Bud Adams. What he did for me at UT doesn't change that fact.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read