Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-08-2009   #21
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will CBS affiliate KEYE in Austin be carrying Texans this year?

If Vince is the backup in Tennessee, you will probably be getting Titans games again, with the faithful hoping that Collins gets injured. The weird part will be if Vince is third string under Ramsey and you still get Tennessee games. What if Vince gets traded to someone like Seattle, does that mean Austin will follow the Seahawks?
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #22
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Will CBS affiliate KEYE in Austin be carrying Texans this year?

KEYE will be showing all the Texans games this season. They made that announcement about a week ago although I take everything they say with a grain of salt. Maybe someone could point this fellow to that thread. I don't have cut n paste capabilities on my phone otherwise I would have done it myself.

We're also discussing avenues for our watch parties. We've always gone to 3rd Base in the past. Voice yourself in that thread. Glad to see another fellow Austinite Texans fan! Personally. I'm lobbying against 3rd Base. It's time for new blood!
Old 08-08-2009   #23
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey NitroHonda, yeah, I've actually met you up at 3rd base before and I know why you are lobbying against them and I feel you on that as I understand the situation. You may remember me or not, I used to go by H-Town Balla #90 on this board but lost all my log in stuff and just set this one up new. I just haven't found another bar that was half way decent and has the Texans on a decent screen. If you guys can point me in the direction of a better watch party that would be cool, but if the games are on that would be sweet too. I wonder why they aren't showing some of the pre-season games on TV.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #24
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

The Dallas affilliate hates the Texans also. I sent them an email only for them to tell me it is not their decision.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #25
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF
Old 08-09-2009   #26
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
The Dallas affilliate hates the Texans also. I sent them an email only for them to tell me it is not their decision.
I'm moving up to Arlington in a week or so. Do they televise Texan games up there?
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poundcake View Post
I'm moving up to Arlington in a week or so. Do they televise Texan games up there?
Lol.
Old 08-09-2009   #28
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They do sometimes. We got a few this year. They air them also when the Texans game is real competitive and the game they are showing starts sucking. For example, they turned on the Titans at Texans game last year in the fourth quarter.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #29
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:

Uh no. I was just chatting with ArlingtonTexan to see if there is a home or bar to watch the games up here this year. I have a great TV, but I have U-Verse, thus no NFL Package.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #30
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For any of you in Austin like me, you know that we Texans fans are usually stuck going to a sports bar to watch games because the CBS station here would rather play titan games hoping for a chance to ride VY's jock. I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF. So, any media savvy people here in town happen to know if the Texans will be getting the lions share of TV this year in Austin or is it same old same old? If it is the same old story, I recommend 3rd Base on Mopac and 6th, really nice and they usually have the Texans games on the big screen in the back. Just a suggestion, I'll be there if the games aren't on TV, but really, really hoping that they are. Anybody know more than me on this?

There's some more specific information in the KEYE thread here.

Long story short - there will only be one Texans game not shown in Austin in 2009, assuming KEYE follows through. The explanation for all of that is in the above link.

It's nice to only have one game to have to make alternate plans for.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #31
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
Uh no. I was just chatting with ArlingtonTexan to see if there is a home or bar to watch the games up here this year. I have a great TV, but I have U-Verse, thus no NFL Package.
That sucks. Let me know if you find a bar where Texan fans can meet to watch the game.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #32
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
We're also discussing avenues for our watch parties. We've always gone to 3rd Base in the past. Voice yourself in that thread. Glad to see another fellow Austinite Texans fan! Personally. I'm lobbying against 3rd Base. It's time for new blood!
I recommended a new location in this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63270

Other than telling me it's too far north, let me know what you think.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #33
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KEYE to show all Texans games...

so um... maybe this isn't a good time to bring this up but I wonder if anyone will still want to go out and make some noise if all the games are televised. our best turn out ever was two years ago when we weren't on t.v..

if we start fast, (and I understand peoples feelings if we don't) I'm excited to think about what that road game will be like if we're 4-0 or 3-1 going into the Cards game. can anyone ever forget Schaub's second game against Carolina at 3rd Base?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF.
I'll be in Austin (Round Rock, actually) next weekend.

I will buy a beer per quarter to the member who finds a place to watch the Texans/Chiefs in Austin next weekend.
Old 08-09-2009   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'll be in Austin (Round Rock, actually) next weekend.

I will buy a beer per quarter to the member who finds a place to watch the Texans/Chiefs in Austin next weekend.
Well, if it is not on TV, I will be at Pluckers in Round Rock watching it. There are a few of us on here that end up at that spot.
Old 08-09-2009   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

I'm just a few miles from that Pluckers. I'll be there if it's not on my telly.
Old 08-09-2009   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
so um... maybe this isn't a good time to bring this up but I wonder if anyone will still want to go out and make some noise if all the games are televised. our best turn out ever was two years ago when we weren't on t.v..

if we start fast, (and I understand peoples feelings if we don't) I'm excited to think about what that road game will be like if we're 4-0 or 3-1 going into the Cards game. can anyone ever forget Schaub's second game against Carolina at 3rd Base?
That was a great day and the driving force behind me continuing to watch games at Third Base despite my beef with them. What a day! I'd never had so much fun with so many complete strangers.
Old 08-09-2009   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm just a few miles from that Pluckers. I'll be there if it's not on my telly.
Cool, I thought you might make it. Hookinreds and DCTxTech are there usually when they are not on local TV. Also several other fans that are not on this board are there. Who knows with preseason. One thing is for sure, I will NOT be missing this game since I will probably miss pre-season week 2 for a family gathering out of town.
Old 08-09-2009   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Well, if it is not on TV, I will be at Pluckers in Round Rock watching it.
Sweet. Just googled it and Pluckers is only 2.7 miles from my sister's place.
Old 08-09-2009   #40
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Sweet. Just googled it and Pluckers is only 2.7 miles from my sister's place.
Great wings, great environment too! The game will be on for sure, I have never had a problem getting them to show it (usually on the bigger TV's), I know alot of the staff up there, if the cowboys are playing we might not get sound would be the only thing, sometimes they divide it up and give the Texans sound outside and cowpies inside, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read