Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-22-2009   #21
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan Outreach to Texans in San Antonio!!!!(please sticky)

I am kind of baffled too!
We really had a markeing war going here with KEYE ( local CBS ) and even with the radio stations. I personally went to the station once ot talk with Jon Madani about this when they started the new ESPN radio here currently 1530 am. In fact now that they have Erin Hogan they talk Texans all the time.
We have had some good Texans trips here, once it was called the Texans Outreach tour and I have a big Miller Banner from that, other times were themed differently. In fact one year much of me fllow Blue Crew were here to help show some support. Now granted they were not always a success but none the less I do know it made a differnence. Heck once I followed the caravan to 3 of the 4 stops they made here in Austin.
What I don't understand is why they don't do Austin, SA, Corpus, etc. and try to gain more of that lost fan base they once had.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I am kind of baffled too!
We really had a markeing war going here with KEYE ( local CBS ) and even with the radio stations. I personally went to the station once ot talk with Jon Madani about this when they started the new ESPN radio here currently 1530 am. In fact now that they have Erin Hogan they talk Texans all the time.
We have had some good Texans trips here, once it was called the Texans Outreach tour and I have a big Miller Banner from that, other times were themed differently. In fact one year much of me fllow Blue Crew were here to help show some support. Now granted they were not always a success but none the less I do know it made a differnence. Heck once I followed the caravan to 3 of the 4 stops they made here in Austin.
What I don't understand is why they don't do Austin, SA, Corpus, etc. and try to gain more of that lost fan base they once had.
Is he still there!?!? I knew he was back but haven't spoken to him in a long time. In the late '80's we were tight. Most nights and all weekends we chased women all over Austin. Obviously we lost touch (he took a job in Memphis, we each got married...etc) but I would like to talk to him about this. He were always on the best of terms with each other. Who knows? He might even tell me the truth on some things even if he isn't there anymore. Perhaps especially if he isn't there anymore.
Old 07-22-2009   #23
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fan Outreach to Texan Fans in San Antonio!!!!(please sticky)

I hate to jerk the thread back to topic but, I have training camp tickets for those who need it for the San Antonio and South Texas area. SA Austin even Corpus hit me up. They are free. They were sent for SA fans, but if they drag their feet I will give them to fans in our area willing to go. C'mon SA fans show your support.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
cool deal...I look forward to meeting you....hmmm maybe I will bring Tony Parker along.
I've met TP and David R. when the NBA All Star Game was here both are great guys.
Old 07-22-2009   #25
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

So, just out of curiosity. How many Texans games were broadcast in San Antonio on TV last year? I would hope the first game against The Jets would be this year.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #26
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
So, just out of curiosity. How many Texans games were broadcast in San Antonio on TV last year? I would hope the first game against The Jets would be this year.
Early season games are..its late in the season or when there is conflict with cowboys game because of fox game.

I am not sure when first watch party is but I am sure its going to be one of the times there is a conflict.
Old 07-22-2009   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

STS, just one question and I'll go. Is Jon Madani still there?
Old 07-23-2009   #28
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
STS, just one question and I'll go. Is Jon Madani still there?
this is where he's at
http://www.am1300thezone.com/pages/wakeupcall.html

Now back to SA and their cause!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #29
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
this is where he's at
http://www.am1300thezone.com/pages/wakeupcall.html

Now back to SA and their cause!
Thank you man! That shows you how much I listen to Austin sportstalk..lol.
Old 07-23-2009   #30
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

I got the Training camp tickets in my hands. let me know if you need em.
Old 07-24-2009   #31
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

training camp is getting closer guys if you want tickets act now!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009   #32
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
training camp is getting closer guys if you want tickets act now!!!!!!
still got plenty of tickets to plenty of days. Let me know.
Old 07-27-2009   #33
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool. I still think I'm on some kind of list at KEYE both my ph # and e-mail. This year I'll use another e-mail...lol. Man I would have some loud conversations with them after they said it was NY.
If you want another email address, I can give you boycott.keye42@gmail.com.
I haven't used it lately, and all I would have to do is send you the password.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009   #34
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Seriously guys....free. If yall from San Antonio or Austin dont let me know yall want training camp tickets by thursday. I will have no choice to make them available for those who are looking in Houston. Cmon guys its free its for the Texans its football.
Old 07-28-2009   #35
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I got mine. I appreciate you sending them out to me. I'm going to enjoy going to all the practices thanks to you and HOU-TEX who sent me some as well.

Somebody rep this man!
Old 07-28-2009   #36
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Seriously guys....free. If yall from San Antonio or Austin dont let me know yall want training camp tickets by thursday. I will have no choice to make them available for those who are looking in Houston. Cmon guys its free its for the Texans its football.
Just got my tickets in the mail, thanks again SpursTexanStros!! I rep'd him for both of us Nitro.

FTF
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009   #37
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I got mine. I appreciate you sending them out to me. I'm going to enjoy going to all the practices thanks to you and HOU-TEX who sent me some as well.

Somebody rep this man!
Done.

I can't take advantge of the tickets, but the man is working hard...lol.
Old 07-30-2009   #38
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Ok guys I will open up the tickets to anyone who needs them. The SA and Austin area has had plenty of time to get training camp tickets. So If anyone on the boards needs tickets pm me before I leave SA tomorrow at noon so I can tell you how to find me at sat and sun training camp session.
Old 07-31-2009   #39
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Just got my tickets in the mail, thanks again SpursTexanStros!! I rep'd him for both of us Nitro.

FTF
Quote:
Done.

I can't take advantge of the tickets, but the man is working hard...lol.
thanks guys. I hope to see yall there.. I am on my way and stay tuned for further events.
Old 08-02-2009   #40
Stu Padazo
Just A Man...

Thumbs up Re: Fan Outreach to Texans in San Antonio!!!!(please sticky)

Fellas...and ladies! I am new; I am late; and I am sorry. But I am here now, and I'm here to stay! I look forward to watch parties, bar gatherings, group hugs,...whatever/anything Texans. I am Stu and I wear the colors proudly. Glad to be onboard.
One small suggestion: Let's stop paying so much attention to that urban hick transplant from Jerryland that clogs Ticket760's airwaves. He and his bubble ars showermate are not worth mention, time, or trouble! To borrow from Cedric The Entertainer..."I wish they would [show up to a Texans event here in the Alamo City!]" We'll deal with them then. Until then,...unite.
Where's the first meet? My house is available. I just need to send the wife and kids shopping and we're good to go

I'm workin' on a pic tomorrow.
PEACE!
Stu Padazo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read