Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-14-2009   #1
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Update on The Gary J Lynn Burger Event

The cookoff will be held at Coaches on I-10 and Barker Cypress

After talking with many people we are going to cancel the Salsa part of the event and stick with the "Best Burger" and the "Best Adult Punch" The entry fees will be $25.00 for Burger $25.00 for Punch or $45.00 for both.

We will start the competition at 10:00 AM and punch turn in will be at 1:00 PM with the Burger turn in at 1:30 PM.

We are asking everyone to make 8 burgers (2 to turn in) and the other 6 to be sliced up for the poeples choice award. We are working on getting someone to donate some pre made patties for the teams to cook and sell to the public.

The Judges for the Punch contest will be selected by putting their business card into a punch bowl with $2.00 wrapped around it. (We will have extra business cards available if you don't have one) and we will select 3 - 5 judges.

The judges for the burger cookoff will be professional chefs from Coaches and around Houston.

There will also be a silent auction and a raffle.

Please post or PM me if you are interested in entering, or contact Gary directly.
Old 07-15-2009   #2
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Rep Power: 42 FILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_Doc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Update on The Gary J Lynn Burger Event

Gary, I am helping to host and put on a Create a better Burger contest. Can you have your business manager contact me so I can arrange for you or find out how much you charge for an appearance at an event. Tee Hee

Dude you looked great on TV. I talked to your Mom today and she was telling me how much fun you had.

From the sounds of it you guys are worn out. You need to make your mom a Vodka Collens and put out by the pool.

I am glad to hear that you had such a good time but now it is time to get back to work and let's get the "Create a Better Burger" Contest going. I have at least 3 teams coming and I have heard of at least 5 more so lets go and tell your Mom to relax for today.
Old 07-15-2009   #3
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the info. Our head chef/babysitter called today wanting info.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #4
FILO_Doc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Thanks for the info. Our head chef/babysitter called today wanting info.
I am waiting and challenging everyone to beat my Island burger. this is the first Gary J Lynn sponsored event that I have had the opportunity to enter and BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2009   #5
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

FILO Doc,

In your original post you listed the time and the place, but what is the date of the event?
Old 07-15-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

August 8th.
Old 07-15-2009   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, Gary
Old 07-15-2009   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear Texan_Bill is fond of A-1 burgers
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #9
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 554 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

I have A-1 in the pantry. Bill?
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doc, I got your message and haven't had a chance to contact you guys. I was thinking that I was going to have a conflict of scheduling and I was correct. We are supposed to be taking our daughter to Sea World and San Antonio that weekend, from the 8th to the 11th. I wish that we could make it, but it's just trying to cram things in before she starts back to school. I would still love to help out in other ways if possible. Whether that be with a donation or sponsor something. Anyways, sorry for that and let me know what I can do.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #11
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Where do you e-mail for more info or to sign up? I wanna spread the word.
Old 07-23-2009   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I wish I could make into town, I make a mean burger!

What kind of stuff is involved in the raffle and silent auction? Are the Hardcore Texan magnets going to be some of them?
Old 07-23-2009   #13
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

What kind of stuff is involved in the raffle and silent auction? Are the Hardcore Texan magnets going to be some of them?
I know they'd love to have some.

I have an autographed L #90 jersey I have been sitting on. That will be out there. I have another rare goody too.
Old 08-01-2009   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

bump
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009   #15
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary I am sorry to say we will be in Canton for this event and I cannot make it. It really bums me and Billy and Ted and Harvey out that we cannot come and take another Victory from the jaws of defeat. That being said I suggest you all sign up for this as it is probably the only time you will have the chance to win a Gary Lynn contest.
Old 08-01-2009   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

Yes, the magnets will be there. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2009   #17
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

I had a house full of teens to swim and made my trial run.

Wow...I hope I can keep from eating them all saturday.
Old 08-01-2009   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Eat everything and have a good time.
Old 08-01-2009   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

All meat has to be seasoned on site. There has to be 8 hamburgers cooked.
Any questions, take it up with FILO DOC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read