Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

View Poll Results: Will you root for the Oilers/Titans?
Yes 2 2.60%
No 75 97.40%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2009   #21
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Will you root ror the Oilers/Titans?

I'm waiting for BA to show up and vote "Yes".
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'm waiting for BA to show up and vote "Yes".
He's probably busy "roughing up the suspect" to a shirtless VY photo.
Old 07-27-2009   #23
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He's probably busy "roughing up the suspect" to a shirtless VY photo.
I bet the 'suspect' will vote 'yes' as well.

As we drag the thread straight downhill...
Old 07-27-2009   #24
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will you root for the fake Oilers/Titans (aka Bud Adams)?

This shows you that many fans root for the uniforms and not much else. There would be a lot of current Titans fans that would be fans of this team had we gotten the same deal as Cleveland (if the Texans had the name Oilers and retained the Oilers uniforms). A few of them have admitted it. I think Toronto even admitted that in one thread.

How many of you were rooting for the Tennessee Oilers when they looked like this? I wasn't. I was so po'ed at Bud for moving the team they instantly jumped the Cowboys as my most hated NFL team.

I will say though that the Oilers uniform is far better than that ugly thing the Titans have been sporting.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 258627 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be cheering the Toronto Bills on to victory.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I bet the 'suspect' will vote 'yes' as well.

As we drag the thread straight downhill...
Which is where this thread belongs. As BA would say......"let's keep draggin".
Old 07-27-2009   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
This shows you that many fans root for the uniforms and not much else. There would be a lot of current Titans fans that would be fans of this team had we gotten the same deal as Cleveland (if the Texans had the name Oilers and retained the Oilers uniforms). A few of them have admitted it. I think Toronto even admitted that in one thread.

How many of you were rooting for the Tennessee Oilers when they looked like this? I wasn't. I was so po'ed at Bud for moving the team they instantly jumped the Cowboys as my most hated NFL team.

I will say though that the Oilers uniform is far better than that ugly thing the Titans have been sporting.

Not me.... They died the minute the 18 wheelers hit I-10 or whichever route they took.
Old 07-27-2009   #28
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'll be cheering the Toronto Bills on to victory.
If the Bills officially move to Toronto who will Toronto (the Titans fan) be rooting for on Sundays?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Read the thread my friend.
I did read the thread and do not understand your post. I said I would not root for them. I went on to identify the only reason I would root for another team in any situation.
Old 07-27-2009   #30
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

not to high jack but the Canadian govt said something about blocking an move for the bills to Toronto b/c it would detract from the CFL . But that was over a year ago they could change their mind
Old 07-27-2009   #31
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
not to high jack but the Canadian govt said something about blocking an move for the bills to Toronto b/c it would detract from the CFL . But that was over a year ago they could change their mind
Don't they still wear coon-skin caps, smoke maple leaves, and say 'eh?'.
Old 07-27-2009   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I did read the thread and do not understand your post. I said I would not root for them. I went on to identify the only reason I would root for another team in any situation.
You're right. I've got to quit doing other things while I read this board. I'll take my own advice and re-read the thread myself. Sorry about that.
Old 07-27-2009   #33
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101723 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Well, the first football action will be the Hall of Fame Game at Fawcett Stadium on August 9th.
As we all know the Meatballs will be in the AFL Oilers colors.
The only Bills game I remember is what some call the "greatest comeback"!
I call it the most painful day EVER!

Do you think you can pull for them to beat the Bills based on a jersey and a old familiar name?

I think I am going to have to because I have too many years cheering for the powder blue.
There is no such thing as the Oilers. They stop existing a long long time ago when they moved to another city.

Rumor has it, their franchise is now called the Titans and I root for their demise every chance that I get.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #34
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66583 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah, I'll root for them...... right about the time I decide to wash my eyes out with bleach or drive a railroad spike through my testicles.
This sounds a lot more appealing than watching an Oilers/Bills matchup. Way too many bad memories. Honestly I don't know that I can watch that. It'll just piss me off seeing those derricks, and playing the Bills? It's like a cruel joke. Maybe it'll be a moot point and I'll be working.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #35
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I absolutely love this poll.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #36
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the only way this poll could be even more lopsided , it would have to say Who do you prefer: " Texan Bill or Blazing Arrow". Even BA would vote for Texan Bill.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #37
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I absolutely love this poll.
Indeed! very spirited!
I have a personal hatred for the tacks as it appears everyone else does too.
It will be very weird watching the game with those colors.
Maybe I can just make the t.v black and white and not look at the helmets...
Old 07-27-2009   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 258627 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as we all love to hate the Tacks, Tits, or whatever, there's no doubt for some of us there'll be a lump in our throats when we see the Oiler uniforms again. Doesn't mean I still won't root for the Bills, but this is going to be a bit of a shock to the system seeing the Oiler uniforms live again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As much as we all love to hate the Tacks, Tits, or whatever, there's no doubt for some of us there'll be a lump in our throats when we see the Oiler uniforms again. Doesn't mean I still won't root for the Bills, but this is going to be a bit of a shock to the system seeing the Oiler uniforms live again.
It might be nice to see the ole oil derrick again........but that feeling will be instantly overcome by hatred.

Jeff Fisher is the only thing worth a crap in that organization. The rest of them can.........just fall down.
Old 07-27-2009   #40
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The question is messed up: "Would you root for the Titans/Oilers?" The Titans aren't the Oilers, and they shouldn't be allowed to wear the colors. The Oilers died when they left Houston, and they should stay dead. It makes no sense for Bud Adams to want to wear the powder blue colors to me, either. The fan base during those years is still in Houston, not in Tennessee. I never rooted for the Oilers, but if they were still in Houston I would have. I will never root for the Titans unless it benefits the Texans in some way.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read