Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-19-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Woman hit on head learns dangers of celebrity golf

Quote:
STATELINE, Nev. – Sally Capehart learned first hand the dangers of attending a celebrity golf tournament. She was watching from about 10 yards left of the par-3, 17th green bordering Lake Tahoe on Sunday when the tee shot of Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub hit her on top of her head.

"Are you serious?" Schaub said as he arrived at the green.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea I hit somebody," he told the woman who lives about 20 miles from Edgewood-Tahoe Golf Course.

Schaub autographed a golf ball for Capehart, who clearly was in pain for several minutes. She told paramedics she thought she was all right but had some ringing in her ears and went to the hospital as a precaution.

"It's my first golf tournament," she said, adding that she'd probably come back to another "if I don't get hit in the head."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090719/...celebs_fan_hit
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Woman hit on head learns dangers of celebrity golf

And that's why we pay him to THROW the ball...
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Woman hit on head learns dangers of celebrity golf

very true!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, these fans stand way too close to the course for celebrity golf tournaments. You couldn't pay me to stand anywhere down the side of the fairway when Barkley tees off. 10 yards off the green? Sheesh, Im surprised there aren't a lot more injuries
Old 07-20-2009   #5
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 553 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

I stood in back of the golfers at a celeb. tournament. What do you think the chances are of getting hit? I did and badly. At least Schaub showed class and his concern for the woman.
The guy who hit me did as well but those are the chances you take.

Last edited by kermit; 07-20-2009 at 09:15 AM.
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub Hurls Bean Ball

In the celebrity golf tourney, Schaub managed to hit a woman on top of the head with one of his drives. He was unaware of the happening until he walked up to the green. Message to Schaub: You are not a sniper. A "head shot" earns no points. Go for the hole.

LINK

(If this was posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move.)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he should've signed a helmet for her instead?
Old 07-20-2009   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub Hurls Bean Ball

I saw that. Classic! especially the fact that her head got him onto the green!
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to paying attention at sporting events? This is like getting nailed with a line drive at a ball game but worse, at least you have plenty of time to get out of the way.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am sorry the lady got hit it looks to me like Matt should work on his golf game as well as his pro game and staying on the field. He did handle it in the right manner
Old 07-20-2009   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Awesome.
Old 07-20-2009   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

this is better than Dante's crowd incidents. Pastorini would have lost control the golf cart, slammed into the crowd, killing her instantly.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mods, can we merge this with the other thread?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62866
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this is better than Dante's crowd incidents. Pastorini would have lost control the golf cart, slammed into the crowd, killing her instantly.
Nah, that is only when he drives a speed boat!
Old 07-20-2009   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Moon: "Matt, I think you can hit the ball 500 yards!"

*thwack*

Come on, I throw a football farther than that.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #16
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That's funny you said that...he almost clipped me in a cart when I caught a practice in San Angelo coming back to Houston from vacation. My parents were cool enough to stop there so we could watch it, and I ran into the parking lot to wait for the players, and he came cruising by and just about smoked me coming out from behind a car. He wasn't going to stop but after watching me jump out of the way he did and gave me an autograph.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dan O on Schaub's incidence:

"You know what's crazy is Kevin Walter, who caddied for Matt, calls me the day he was heading out West and he was like, ‘Alright, I gotta go out there and watch Matt hit these spectators." Of course, we just laughed at it, and then Kevin calls me Monday morning and was like, 'Dude, you're not going to believe this.' I'm like, 'What?' And he told me about it and I was like, 'You've got to be kidding me.' He told me the whole story of how Matt hit the woman, made it onto the green and almost made birdie and all of that.

"So I saw Matt in the weight room on Monday and I had to bust his chops pretty good about it, which he was a pretty good sport about. Pretty funny."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5386
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read