Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2009   #1
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Battle Red Day against the Jags?

According to this Battle Red Day will be when we play Jacksonville.

Quote:
In addition to the Monday night game and traditional divisional matchups with Indianapolis and Jacksonville on Battle Red Day,
I would much rather have Battle Red Day against the Titans on Monday Night. There's still a chance since teams can wear their alternate jerseys twice in the season.
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle Red Day against the Jags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post
According to this Battle Red Day will be when we play Jacksonville.

I would much rather have Battle Red Day against the Titans on Monday Night. There's still a chance since teams can wear their alternate jerseys twice in the season.
I think one season (2007) they did one game with all red (Denver) and one game with red jerseys/white pants (season finale against Jags).

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember seeing us wear Battle Red twice in a season in the past but does opening day Liberty White also count as an alternate? I think I have heard that it does which is kinda lame. If we just get one Battle Red day I would want it on MNF.
Old 07-25-2009   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I remember seeing us wear Battle Red twice in a season in the past but does opening day Liberty White also count as an alternate? I think I have heard that it does which is kinda lame. If we just get one Battle Red day I would want it on MNF.
In 2007 the Texans wore Liberty White in the opener against the Chiefs, plus the two red unis I mentioned above, plus Deep Steel Blue against the Colts at home... so I don't think it counts as an alternate unless the jersey is different.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-25-2009   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The season tickets reveal the jerseys that will be worn at home. The Texans will wear red against Possum Holler and the team that for the time being, calls Jacksonville home.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I started to hate the Battle red Uni ever since that ESPN guy said we look like giant ketchup bottles and its true and IMO all red does not give us the edge isnt it true the color red can be picked up much faster and organized to the human eye
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The season tickets reveal the jerseys that will be worn at home. The Texans will wear red against Possum Holler and the team that for the time being, calls Jacksonville home.
Correct. The tickets also say what the day is. Jacksonville is Battle Red Day where I assume they'll be in all red. For the Hootersville game they will wear red jerseys but since that's NOT Battle Red Day I assume it will be red tops/white pants.

Indy is Deep Steel Sunday, all blues.

New Orleans - white jersey
Minnesota - white jersey
Jets - Liberty White Day - all white
Jags - Battle Red Day - all red
Oakland - white jersey
Niners - blue jersey
Inbreds - red jersey
Colts - all blue
Seattle - blue jersey
Pats - blue jersey

That's according to the tickets.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2009   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I started to hate the Battle red Uni ever since that ESPN guy said we look like giant ketchup bottles and its true and IMO all red does not give us the edge isnt it true the color red can be picked up much faster and organized to the human eye
We're 2-0 in the all red unis. Maybe it was the lack of competition, but until proven otherwise why mess up a good thing.

Since when does what Kornheiser think matter?
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Then again, the only time we lost in any Battle Red was back when we royally sucked.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #10
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

guess i'll have to grab a red jersey for the monday night titans game. i was hoping the would wear red for it, but it should be our official battle red day
Old 07-25-2009   #11
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Correct. The tickets also say what the day is. Jacksonville is Battle Red Day where I assume they'll be in all red. For the Hootersville game they will wear red jerseys but since that's NOT Battle Red Day I assume it will be red tops/white pants.

Indy is Deep Steel Sunday, all blues.

New Orleans - white jersey
Minnesota - white jersey
Jets - Liberty White Day - all white
Jags - Battle Red Day - all red
Oakland - white jersey
Niners - blue jersey
Inbreds - red jersey
Colts - all blue
Seattle - blue jersey
Pats - blue jersey

That's according to the tickets.
Thanks for that.

The Texans still have the 2008 uniform combinations on their website, so it's good to know there will be two red jersey games.
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #12
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll wear what the Texans say to wear on those game days, but it wears me thin to see folks not wanting to "White Out" or Red Out" on those days.
Old 07-25-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I'll wear what the Texans say to wear on those game days, but it wears me thin to see folks not wanting to "White Out" or Red Out" on those days.
Does any NFL team's fans do that? There must be at least one or two.

It's just that there's not much of a college atmosphere at Reliant.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-25-2009   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, it's the opposite, we have been very successful in any red combination.

And who cares what some "ESPN guy" says? I prefer the red jersey/white pant combo but the all red uni is not that bad.
Old 07-25-2009   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Eh. I come to the games decked in Texans gear. I'll wear whatever color combination I want. I get what you're saying but I like having a little choice in the matter. They're my clothes. I think I do my part just fine.
Old 07-25-2009   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the all red is badass........I like it alot. Who cares what Kornhole thinks? Nobody gives a crap what he has to say, hell that's the reason why he got fired......er, I mean stepped down, because he doesn't like flying (yeah like anybody bought that reason...everybody knows they flat out canned his ass...he was horrible on MNF. I can't wait to watch Gruden this year...I finally think MNF is going to have a good broadcasting team again.).

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-26-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ghey. Battle Red kicks ass. Shit... merely uttering the words "battle red" kicks ass!! It gets me going.
Old 07-25-2009   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Ghey. Battle Red kicks ass. Shit... merely uttering the words "battle red" kicks ass!! It gets me going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think the all red is badass........I like it alot. Who cares what Kornhole thinks? Nobody gives a crap what he has to say, hell that's the reason why he got fired......er, I mean resigned because he doesn't like flying (yeah like anybody bought that reason...everybody knows they flat out canned his ass...he was horrible on MNF. I can't wait to watch Gruden this year...I finally think MNF is going to have a good broadcasting team again.).
I agree, I think the red tops and white bottoms look bad ass, the all red looks pretty good not as cool though, but the ketchup bottle remark or whatever any one thinks at ESPN is total crap to me.
Old 07-25-2009   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Those Red unis have brought the team wins and that is all that counts to me. I do not care what the Texans look like in their uni if they win football games everything else is just hog wash. I'm ready to make Red their every game uni.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read