Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2005   #21
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

if we want respect we need to beat the teams we're suppose to beat, not get blown out, play more consistent, stop 3rd downs, and put together some wins.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #22
Davis37
All Pro

I like most of ur anaylsis of the season, but i dont think we are gonna beat the Steelers. I think they can run the ball too good. If we can stop the run, which i dont think we can, we have a decent chance of beating them. I hope ur right, but its a stretch IMO.
Old 05-13-2005   #23
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot
I agree with your criteria here...and I'd like to add a 6th...

6. don't piss away your high draft picks when the world is watching.
what high draft picks have we pissed away??? every first round pick we have had has turned into a star
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you expect from a Cowboy fan?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #25
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone here develop a favorable taste for a team that pisses away its top draft picks? If anything, I think that makes a team look like a group of morons.
So tell me again how did we "PISS AWAY" our top draft picks?
Old 05-13-2005   #26
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
uuuuh...dude...? I didn't say the Texans pissed away draft picks. Did I?

That was the point of my response up above. How many times need I say I was speaking "non-team specific" in offering the additional 6th criteria to the man's list?

i.e. I was adding another piece that I think is critical for a team to start garnering more respect/notice/attention from the national audience/media/fans/etc.

Got it?

:brickwall
NON TEAM SPECIFIC? Whatever dude. Sounds to me like you are one of those who are upset because we didn't draft a non specific linebacker from UT.
Old 05-13-2005   #27
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
I'm sometimes amazed at what people think they're reading.
Ok you added to the following list of 5 where it was stated

"but aside from winning out how do the texans go about earning respect on a national level?"

"to me there are a few ways to get that respect previous to the post season:"

"1. win national tv games *
2. beat 04 playoff teams
3. win your bigger market games (ie. beat any ny team etc.)
4. winning streaks (ussualy 3+ seems to garner attention)
5. beat 05 teams headed to the playoffs (late season games)"

the above all we in reference to the Texans so it would follow that when you add
"6. don't piss away your high draft picks when the world is watching."
That this too is in reference to the Texans

So again why do you think the Texans pissed away out high draft choices?
Old 05-13-2005   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on guys, I saw this earlier today and my first thought when I read his comments about draft picks was "Don't do what Cleveland has done". He's pointing to a pitfall that the Texans should avoid, not pointing out that the Texans have done this.
Old 05-14-2005   #29
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default who Respect

For the team to get respect they need to finish at .500 or make a good play off run.

IF Davis wants the respect (i think he deserves) he will need to stay healthy and put up a 1400 yrd 13-17 td season.

The O needs to be consistent and the O-line give carr a lil time to throw, IF they want respect.

AJ yes he was great but if he wants REAL respect he needs someone on the other side of carr to draw the consistent double team off him so he can light up some secondaries.

AND if Capers and Palmer wanna keep their jobs this is the year they need to make something happen, Palmer open up the play book let us see why u are the OC, show us how you use that zone blitz capers, and that ur not afraid to take some chances when u have the lead.

I PERSONALLY THINK THE TEAM WILL BE BETTER, BUT RESPECT IS SOMETHING YOU EARN, AND WE HAVE JUST NOT EARNED IT (YET).
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read