Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-21-2009   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Fan Outreach to Texans in San Antonio!!!!(please sticky)

Great news Texans fans!!!!!!

It is a great time to be a Texan fan in San Antonio. The Houston Texans are actively seeking to reach out to the Texans fans in San Antonio and South Texas. The organization is working extremely hard to regain its foothold here in San Antonio.

For those of you who don’t know the Texans were taken off the radio airwaves in San Antonio and that meant the permanent tie we had to the team was severed. If you were a Texan fan and the Texans were not on TV you were forced to pay for the Sunday ticket or go to sports bars just to see Texans games. Prior to last year, you could listen to complete pre and post game coverage of the Texans on Ticket 760, this was useful to us here in SA because the Texans were pulled off the local affiliate on a regular basis. However, last year we did not have that luxury. For whatever reason, the Texan broadcasts were pulled and replaced with out of market games for team that no one in Texas would care to follow. The Texans realized this and made efforts to establish a new home for the Texans, but due to the events following Hurricane Ike the Texans were (understandably ) forced to allocate resources to within the organization and to the city of Houston. We here in San Antonio thank them for doing so and one year later cheer for the city of Houston to get back on its feet.

2009 is a different story. The Texans are planning some exciting things for the fans in San Antonio and South Texas. They are in contact with other radio stations in an effort to bring the Texans back to the airwaves on TV and Radio. They are in contact with local retailers in efforts to increase Texans merchandise and make it more available to us here in San Antonio. Also they have plans to initiate fan outreach events in the San Antonio area. These events include watch parties for the games not on the air in SA, training camp events and more……..(Trust me Texans fans there are things in the works that are going to be big!!!!) Stay tuned and keep checking this thread out for further details……

This is all great news for Texans fans here in SA, but we need to help the Texans in their efforts of penetrating the market in this area. I encourage you to keep up your pressure on local media outlets to cover the Texans. Also, we may need to start a petition to show the stations here that there are Texans fans here in San Antonio…stay tuned for details.

The Battle Red Revolution is under way…….Go Texans!!!.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #2
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan Outreach to Texans in San Antonio!!!!(please sticky)

The first event we have coming up is training camp. The Texans have made available training camp tickets to the fans here in San Antonio. There are plenty of tickets available for all of the open practices at training camp.(even the night one) If you are interested in going by yourself or in a group let me know through pm or on this thread and I will contact you on how you can get the tickets. (they are free)

As of now this offer is available to the fans in the San Antonio area only. Austin fans contact me and I will find out how you can get tickets to camp.

This is an exciting opportunity for us to check out training camp and I am excited the Texans gave us this opportunity.

Let the Battle Red Revolution Begin!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2009   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Fan Outreach to Texans in San Antonio!!!!(please sticky)

What the hell?

I'm happy for you guys but what about Austin?

Keep the fight!
Old 07-21-2009   #4
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I am slightly confused. While I respect what the Texans are doing for other cities in Texas, is this common among other teams in the NFL? Being from Nashville, I know that the Titans do not do statewide outreach like the Texans are being expected to do. This is all new to me.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #5
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
What the hell?

I'm happy for you guys but what about Austin?

Keep the fight!
If you need them in Austin, pm me and I will find out how you can get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I am slightly confused. While I respect what the Texans are doing for other cities in Texas, is this common among other teams in the NFL? Being from Nashville, I know that the Titans do not do statewide outreach like the Texans are being expected to do. This is all new to me.
Traditionally the Texans have done fan outreach in the summer prior to camp. The out reach included player apperances and mechandise and was done in cities outside of Houston in order ro raise support for the Texans. Last year they were not able to do it in the summer and in the fall the event was postponed due to Ike.

This year they are starting a grass roots effort to mobilze fan support. There is going to be a coordinated watch party training camp tickets and some really big things this season.

I have been banging on them for years and I am excited that they are doing somethings for us fans outside of Houston.

(mods can you fix word order in title?)

Last edited by spurstexanstros; 07-21-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-21-2009   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep fighting the good fight, spurstexanstros, but I'm like Nitro in that I'm still not seeing a damn thing here in Austin from the Texans FO even though we have been the most vocal (at least to my knowledge).

This topic is both encouraging and maddening in that my fellow Texan fans are getting some help from the FO in San Antonio but yet we in Austin have been ceded to be Cowboy country.

That's showing them Houston Texans. lah-le-da.
Old 07-21-2009   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Corpus?!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2009   #8
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep banging on them, hoss!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #9
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Keep fighting the good fight, spurstexanstros, but I'm like Nitro in that I'm still not seeing a damn thing here in Austin from the Texans FO even though we have been the most vocal (at least to my knowledge).

This topic is both encouraging and maddening in that my fellow Texan fans are getting some help from the FO in San Antonio but yet we in Austin have been ceded to be Cowboy country.

That's showing them Houston Texans. lah-le-da.
From I was told they are working on it. Its the stations in Austin and San Antonio that are resisting. Its gonn have to be a grass roots effort, I think . The organization is helping us now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
What about Corpus?!
If no one from San Antonio takes them I will make sure my south texas friends get them. The more interest we show them the more I think they will reach out to San Antonio and South Texas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Keep banging on them, hoss!
I am trying...my next step is a petition signed by everyone i meet to show...Yes virginia...there are texans fans in San Antonio.

Roc do you still have friends and family here that like the Texans? Cause I think the Texans are going to put together some good stuff for fans from here.
If you ...or any Texan fan knows anyone that is a Texan fan get them on here or on main site and we can start to gather Texan fans here in SA. Same goes for Austin and Corpus. Its time to organize....long live the Battle Red Revolution.
Old 07-21-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
From I was told they are working on it. Its the stations in Austin and San Antonio that are resisting. Its gonn have to be a grass roots effort, I think . The organization is helping us now.

If no one from San Antonio takes them I will make sure my south texas friends get them. The more interest we show them the more I think they will reach out to San Antonio and South Texas.
The stations say NY calls the shots, something I doubt to a certain degree although I could see how that works. Do you have any proof of that, just out of curiosity?
Old 07-21-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great news Texans fans!!!!!!

It is a great time to be a Texan fan in San Antonio. The Houston Texans are actively seeking to reach out to the Texans fans in San Antonio and South Texas. The organization is working extremely hard to regain its foothold here in San Antonio.

For those of you who don’t know the Texans were taken off the radio airwaves in San Antonio and that meant the permanent tie we had to the team was severed. If you were a Texan fan and the Texans were not on TV you were forced to pay for the Sunday ticket or go to sports bars just to see Texans games. Prior to last year, you could listen to complete pre and post game coverage of the Texans on Ticket 760, this was useful to us here in SA because the Texans were pulled off the local affiliate on a regular basis. However, last year we did not have that luxury. For whatever reason, the Texan broadcasts were pulled and replaced with out of market games for team that no one in Texas would care to follow. The Texans realized this and made efforts to establish a new home for the Texans, but due to the events following Hurricane Ike the Texans were (understandably ) forced to allocate resources to within the organization and to the city of Houston. We here in San Antonio thank them for doing so and one year later cheer for the city of Houston to get back on its feet.

2009 is a different story. The Texans are planning some exciting things for the fans in San Antonio and South Texas. They are in contact with other radio stations in an effort to bring the Texans back to the airwaves on TV and Radio. They are in contact with local retailers in efforts to increase Texans merchandise and make it more available to us here in San Antonio. Also they have plans to initiate fan outreach events in the San Antonio area. These events include watch parties for the games not on the air in SA, training camp events and more……..(Trust me Texans fans there are things in the works that are going to be big!!!!) Stay tuned and keep checking this thread out for further details……

This is all great news for Texans fans here in SA, but we need to help the Texans in their efforts of penetrating the market in this area. I encourage you to keep up your pressure on local media outlets to cover the Texans. Also, we may need to start a petition to show the stations here that there are Texans fans here in San Antonio…stay tuned for details.

The Battle Red Revolution is under way…….Go Texans!!!.
Dude, you better be there to jump in that douche Nick Taylor's (or whatever) face and punch his little girlfriend side kick, Billy Joe Jim Bob - if they try to jack with any Texans fans.
Old 07-21-2009   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
The stations say NY calls the shots, something I doubt to a certain degree although I could see how that works. Do you have any proof of that, just out of curiosity?
I got an email two years ago from the Texans, The stations have the right to first refusal. It is left up to them late in the season wether or not to go away from in Market games. A good example is the Austin stations showing the titans games because they were pissed at the organization that didnt draft Vince. that was not NY making the call it was the TV station in Austin doing it.

Its he said , she said argument. When you ask the stations they say it was NY and when you ask the team they say the stations. I dont know how you disprove either.
Old 07-21-2009   #13
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dude, you better be there to jump in that douche Nick Taylor's (or whatever) face and punch his little girlfriend side kick, Billy Joe Jim Bob - if they try to jack with any Texans fans.
That is why I am hoping to have large numbers for one of our gatherings. In the event he shows up...he experiances the Battle Red Revolution.....the good side...hey we arent Cowboy fans.

Tell every one you know in SA...find me. I want to show the Texans and Tv stations that there are fans here.
Old 07-21-2009   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
I got an email two years ago from the Texans, The stations have the right to first refusal. It is left up to them late in the season wether or not to go away from in Market games. A good example is the Austin stations showing the titans games because they were pissed at the organization that didnt draft Vince. that was not NY making the call it was the TV station in Austin doing it.

Its he said , she said argument. When you ask the stations they say it was NY and when you ask the team they say the stations. I dont know how you disprove either.
Cool. I still think I'm on some kind of list at KEYE both my ph # and e-mail. This year I'll use another e-mail...lol. Man I would have some loud conversations with them after they said it was NY.
Old 07-21-2009   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool. I still think I'm on some kind of list at KEYE both my ph # and e-mail. This year I'll use another e-mail...lol. Man I would have some loud conversations with them after they said it was NY.
KEYE SUCKS! KEYE SUCKS! KEYESUCKS!

Those were the days. Good times, y'all!
Old 07-21-2009   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is why I am hoping to have large numbers for one of our gatherings. In the event he shows up...he experiances the Battle Red Revolution.....the good side...hey we arent Cowboy fans.

Tell every one you know in SA...find me. I want to show the Texans and Tv stations that there are fans here.
I hope y'all really get some nice watch parties organized and that asshat does show up - then y'all boo 'em right out of the joint.

Do you know why John Wayne was a cowboy???

Because he wasn't a Texan!!
Old 07-21-2009   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

spurstexanstros, I'll be out there for all of them just look for a boy in a wheelchair along the White picket fence at the very end not the side with the White VIP tent but the other side. Just look I'm sure you will see me I'll be with my mom she has blond hair and glasses.
Old 07-21-2009   #18
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Very cool man. I'll be there to keep Mike Taylor away!
Old 07-21-2009   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Maybe we'll meet up also.
Old 07-21-2009   #20
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
spurstexanstros, I'll be out there for all of them just look for a boy in a wheelchair along the White picket fence at the very end not the side with the White VIP tent but the other side. Just look I'm sure you will see me I'll be with my mom she has blond hair and glasses.
cool deal...I look forward to meeting you....hmmm maybe I will bring Tony Parker along.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read