Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2004   #21
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Good point Babin should get double digit sacks, but that makes Suggs' sack number even more impressive.

Suggs is an amazing pass rusher, but he struggles against the run and in coverage.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #22
astrofan
Veteran

Has anyone here ever seen Kevin Greene play?
I was wondering how well he played against the run.
I did look up his numbers and they look like a videogame, especially when you compare him to other top shelf LBs
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #23
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Jason Babin, I hate to tell you, runs in the 4.69/4.7 range, which is not too bad. The thing about him is his quickness around the corner. Needs to get stronger in his hands, and lower body.
NoBullTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #24
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Jason Babin, I hate to tell you, runs in the 4.69/4.7 range, which is not too bad. The thing about him is his quickness around the corner. Needs to get stronger in his hands, and lower body.

Terrell Suggs timed even slower than that i believe. it was the reason he slipped to the Ravens.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #25
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Terrell Suggs timed even slower than that i believe. it was the reason he slipped to the Ravens.
That is excatly right

Quote:
Suggs was clocked at a sluggish 4.75 seconds for 40 yards, and red flags went up throughout the NFL.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...ll/8501109.htm

Same thing happened to Anquain Boldin

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Needs to get stronger in his hands, and lower body.
Is this a personal observation or is this second hand information?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the point that was made earlier about how there were no injuries to our D in the first season and our defense was pretty tough then. I too believe that if we can cut down to half the injuries we had last year, we will see some bigger wins this season. I am looking forward to alot of turnovers caused by our defense this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004   #28
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I'm a little discouraged with the depth at our D-Line this year also. Payne and Walker aren't a sure thing. I'd go nuts if either one went down again this season....ARRRGGGGG, the agony it would bring!
Old 05-03-2004   #29
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

In reference to the question about Kevin Greene, the guy was good against the run. He pretty much did it all. I still remember when he was with the Steelers and he played against the Oilers. He was always a force.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004   #30
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a big pre-draft supporter of Udeze but when I learned of his shoulder injury and subsequent surgery, I cooled off to the Udeze idea.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004   #31
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default depth

I think our depth is going to be good this year... Deloach is a backup this year. We're very deep in solid and/or talented LBs... We've added Robinson and Earl without losing anyone in the secondary. We've added Wade on the OL, Joppru and Bruener at TE, and a healthy Hollings at HB...

Most importantly, many of this year's backups are 2nd and 3rd year players with experience, instead of rookies trying to learn how to play in the NFL:

Faggins, Wand, Weary, Peek, Orr, Ragone, Ramon Walker, Derrick Armstong, Jabar Gaffney, etc... This is the year where we see the fruit of the scouting and coaching labors, or when we see that we're in for a few more difficult seasons.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
I think our depth is going to be good this year... Deloach is a backup this year. We're very deep in solid and/or talented LBs... We've added Robinson and Earl without losing anyone in the secondary. We've added Wade on the OL, Joppru and Bruener at TE, and a healthy Hollings at HB...

Most importantly, many of this year's backups are 2nd and 3rd year players with experience, instead of rookies trying to learn how to play in the NFL:

Faggins, Wand, Weary, Peek, Orr, Ragone, Ramon Walker, Derrick Armstong, Jabar Gaffney, etc... This is the year where we see the fruit of the scouting and coaching labors, or when we see that we're in for a few more difficult seasons.
I like your frame of mind. But every other teams rookies from that year are getting alot better. Hopefully asking them to step up and perform for the last 2 years will help them out this year. Kinda give them the edge.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #33
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I like your frame of mind. But every other teams rookies from that year are getting alot better. Hopefully asking them to step up and perform for the last 2 years will help them out this year. Kinda give them the edge.
Sure, but we are now on par with the rest of the league- instead of having a bench made up of almost entirely journeymen and castoffs... Now, it comes down to the quality of our scouting department in selecting these guys and the quality of our coaching staff in aiding their development. Compare our depth and talent to an average to above average team like the Cowboys:

I'd argue we have a better offensive line, better Qbs, better HBs, similar WR talent, similar DL talent, and more talent and depth in the secondary... Also, they don't blow us away anywhere on the field.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #34
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Alot do not like.....

Alot of experts do not like the picks that we got, after robinson, but I think they are going to work out just fine. We filled some holes and hopefully Coleman can pick up the safety spot really fast. The last thing we need is a Stevens-Type problem back there, due to the guy not being able to make the adjustment! Besides that, Playoffs is not out of the question!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read