Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-26-2008   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The more the merrier!

I'd go with Portis and Forte as well. Westbrook had a field day against that Dallas D, and Potis is used in the passing game as well just like Westy.

Forte is a no brainer at this point.

I'd roll with the starters over Felix who will be backing up Barber and NOT getting the GL carries any way.

Just my
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #62
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
To be safe, i'd start Portis and Forte. But, Felix Jones has shown so far that he is able to take it to the house on any given play, so it's a toss up. I think Portis is a must start, although it's a bad matchup, he's the most proven out of the bunch.
Yeah, that's why I was second guessing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd go with Portis and Forte as well. Westbrook had a field day against that Dallas D, and Potis is used in the passing game as well just like Westy.

Forte is a no brainer at this point.

I'd roll with the starters over Felix who will be backing up Barber and NOT getting the GL carries any way.

Just my
I'm not sure I'd say Forte was a no brainer. Philly has only allowed 45.7 yards rushing per game and lead the league in rush defense.

It's really between Forte and Jones at this point. I'm beginning to lean towards Felix just due to the fact Philly's defense is just sick right now.
Old 09-30-2008   #63
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

There's a new guy in first place!

(Hint: it's me)
Old 12-09-2008   #64
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs in this league start this week!

I have a first round bye though.
Old 12-09-2008   #65
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I totally forgot about our league. Finished 10-4 (should have been 11-3 if I had played Stewart). I have a playoff bye also.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #66
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I totally forgot about our league. Finished 10-4 (should have been 11-3 if I had played Stewart). I have a playoff bye also.
Haha two 17 year olds kicked some serious arse.
Old 12-30-2008   #67
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Haha two 17 year olds kicked some serious arse.

Brando, proud owner of the Scranton Dundies!

I made a New York Giant type SB run.

Great season guys!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #68
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Brando, proud owner of the Scranton Dundies!

I made a New York Giant type SB run.

Great season guys!

I'm at least glad the person that knocked me off in the playoffs won the championship. Congrats!

At least I got 3rd.
Old 12-31-2008   #69
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I got second. It's too bad I didn't start David Akers. Nick Folk sucked.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #70
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Make sure to check out my fantasy league again next year. I will definitely have one again.

And I might start a baseball one once baseball season rolls around.
Old 06-17-2009   #71
Ryan
THIS YEAR

So who would be interested in me reviving this league again? If you were in it, PM me and i'll give each one of you first preference when I create the league sometime this week.
Old 06-17-2009   #72
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think I was in your league last year and would like to be involved again this year.
Old 06-17-2009   #73
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i was in it and would be interested again. got to the playoffs and lost to the eventual champ
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #74
Ryan
THIS YEAR

I sent pm's to both of you. Same settings as last year. I'll give everyone from last year a couple weeks to respond then i'll open it up for the rest of the forum to join if they want.
Old 06-23-2009   #75
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

im in this time...as long as its a live draft send me a pm

went to the superbowl in my work league last year
Old 06-23-2009   #76
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in, I am the defending champs after all.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009   #77
Ryan
THIS YEAR

i've given people enough time to respond i think. It's now open to the TT public.

League Name: Texans Talk
League ID#-122258
password-supermariobros1

5 spots still available might turn it into a 12 team league if i get enough interest.
Old 06-30-2009   #78
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I've signed up already.
Old 07-02-2009   #79
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I am in. Shows only 6 teams so far...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #80
Ryan
THIS YEAR

bump

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read