Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-29-2009   #41
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sausage King "Making it Rain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
So now your going to chastise him or make excuses for something someone is doing or has just done because of something he may or may not do in the future because you think think he can not learn and grow up?

Not that right there is just flat out genius.

what the hell are you talking about? Anyone who knows me knows that i don't like VY at all as a Qb prospect & my dislike is double since he went to UT & now plays for the titans so no agenda here.

But something as trivial as "making it rain" in a club isn't any better "sign" of lack of maturity or impending team mutiny than say a guy who's having a kid out of wedlock by a woman he was no longer seeing (Tom Brady) or a world class ladies man/drunkard (joe namath).

Anyone trying to ascertain anything more than just a young rich guy blowing off some steam before he goes back to work full time is just reading too much into it or does have an agenda attached.

Last edited by Mr teX; 05-29-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Lol! Nice picture, but it doesn't make you look any smarter. It just shows that you're out to bash one guy and will excuse another guy for doing the same thing which takes all credibility away from you. If VY was a Texan, and Mario was a Titan you'd be calling Mario an immature thug and excusing VY for it.

If it's bad it's bad. If it's not a big deal, then it's not a big deal. Which one is it? I think YOU are the one that is attempting to have it both ways here.

Oh, but he was a rookie, so that doesn't count.

Do you follow Mario around all day long, and see what he does or doesn't do? Do you follow VY around all of the time and see what HE does or doesn't do? NO, you don't, but you certainly don't mind speculating about one guy negatively and patting the other on the back for the same action. Again, holler at me when you actually have something worthy of talking about.
You got to be joking about this shit right?

Do you read what people type or do you just go along and try and put words to people which do not belong. Go read what I said about Mario and then try agian.
Old 05-29-2009   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

VY's priorities:

1. Being Vince Young
2. Party!
3. sausage
4. Mama
5. Football

His best days are behind him, so he might as well celebrate getting a big, fat paycheck for being a bust and sitting on the bench behind Kerry Freakin' Collins.
Old 05-29-2009   #44
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101723 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You got to be joking about this shit right?

Do you read what people type or do you just go along and try and put words to people which do not belong. Go read what I said about Mario and then try agian.
NO, I just stand by what I said from the beginning of this thread that this is a non story just like it would have been for Mario when he was raining dollars from in the club.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 05-29-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #45
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101723 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
VY's priorities:

1. Being Vince Young
2. Party!
3. sausage
4. Mama
5. Football

His best days are behind him, so he might as well celebrate getting a big, fat paycheck for being a bust and sitting on the bench behind Kerry Freakin' Collins.
See now at least I can count on you for bringing some "funny" into this thread DB. Nice! I thought #4 was pretty funny dude.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #46
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
VY's priorities:

1. Being Vince Young
2. Party!
3. sausage
4. Mama
5. Football

This i can agree with.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #47
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young Plans To Shut Up, Get Paid
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2009, 9:15 a.m. EDT
Titans quarterback Vince Young is supposed to be entering his prime. As the fourth season of his NFL career approaches, the third overall pick in the 2006 draft should be preparing to try to take a talented Titans team to the first NFL title in franchise history.

Instead, he’s scheduled to ride the pine.

Even more troubling than that, in our view, is the fact that he seems to be OK with it.

“I am just going to keep my mouth closed, man,” Young said Sunday night, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “All I am doing this year is shutting up, just shutting up and working. I am going to smile and shut up and continue being Vince Young, a happy smiling guy. I am not going to get into the hoopla any more because of the fact I can’t win any more, I see.”

He says he’s not upset with starter Kerry Collins for taking the job that, a year ago, Young held.

“I don’t have nothing against Kerry,” Young said (which of course technically means that Young does have something against Collins). “Kerry is just doing his job and that is the same thing I want to do, take care of my job and wait for my turn when they call me.”

Young doesn’t know when his turn will come.

“I haven’t the slightest idea,” he said. “I am just leaving that to other people and trying to get myself in shape and get myself ready. I do know I am healthy and my body feels great and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt that way.”

In the meantime, he’ll just keep smiling — and getting paid.

“Whatever they want me to do that is what I am going to do,” Young said. “If they want me to sit on the sideline and be there to watch the game then that is OK with me, but at the same time I am getting my checks and I am fine.’’

Those checks will be worth $126,470 each, which constitute 17 installments of a $2.15 million base salary.

But this arrangement can’t go on for much longer. Next year, those checks will grow to more than $440,000 each, as part of a $7.5 million base salary.

In our view, it’s about more than the money. It’s about a burning desire not only to play, but also to excel. In our view, Young seems to have resigned himself to the fact that he’s not going to dominate at the NFL level.

And so he appears content to coast, which at last check wasn’t one of the ingredients for a high-end NFL quarterback.

Doesn't sound like much of a leader to me.
Old 05-30-2009   #48
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
OMG!!! Mario Williams is making it rain!!! Can that thug!! He is supposed to be a leader on the defense and he was the #1 draft pick and is to be held to a higher standard!

Where is Texans Chick, Specnatz, and Brewster to spread their shame on our precious Mario Williams for having a good time in the club and giving away some free money? I guess we should all speculate that Mario is not doing what he is supposed to be doing and is out there acting a fool. How can his team mates respect a guy like that? He is in no way shape or form a leader now.

I actually was the first one to point out the Mario Williams making it rain video and the first to put the Mario Williams racing video online. I also put his apology online where he acknowledged he needs to not do that stuff any more.

VY says that nothing is going to stop him from having fun.
Old 05-30-2009   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

not even his career.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #50
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I actually was the first one to point out the Mario Williams making it rain video and the first to put the Mario Williams racing video online. I also put his apology online where he acknowledged he needs to not do that stuff any more.

But Steph you have to continue to berate Mario, I mean what is almost 3 years and an apology mean anyway. If we are not still beating it into the ground it is giving him a free pass. Well at least according to Texecutioner
Old 05-30-2009   #51
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tejano View Post
when you are the franchise qb and people have plenty money invested in you, and in this day and age, you better be watching how you act. Throw money like that and you finah get jacked. That's all that makes this a story. Otherwise, who cares when you can just get a pic with kassey studdard at texas land and cattle co.
lol!
Old 06-01-2009   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But Steph you have to continue to berate Mario, I mean what is almost 3 years and an apology mean anyway. If we are not still beating it into the ground it is giving him a free pass. Well at least according to Texecutioner
Dang, just like any addict, Mario has merely given up one addiction for another.........He's now making opposing offensive players "rain"...........there goes one into the air............and another...........and another.............rehab just never works, does it?
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #53
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy, the bad press must have really pushed buttons. What happened to the patience of learning? I would call this Damage Control for opening his mouth with a 16 (or was it really an 8) Wonderlic brain:

Quote:
Vince Young Tired Of Sitting On The Bench

The Tennessee Titans’ quarterback depth chart hasn’t changed. Kerry Collins is still the starter, and Vince Young is the backup.

During an interview with WMAR-TV, Young said that if he doesn’t win back his old job, then he wants a change of scenery.

“I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans,” Young said. “At the same time, if them guys don’t want me to be in there, it’s time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I’m ready to play ball. If they’re not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is.”

During the offseason, Titans coach Jeff Fisher declared that Young would have to “earn his job back” to overtake Collins.

In three games and one start last season, Young threw one touchdown with two interceptions as Collins led the Titans to the AFC South division title.

For his career, the former University of Texas star has completed 57.3 percent of his throws for 4,964 yards, 22 touchdowns and 32 interceptions for a 68.8 quarterback rating.

“I’m still focused, staying focused,” Young said. “I got a lot of people that look up to me. I got a lot of fans that love me and want to see me back out on the football field.

“So, right now, I’m just taking it a day at a time. I’m being very competitive, competing for the job and just let coach Fish make his own decision after that.”
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #54
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDJ2W3l31A

Old 06-16-2009   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

repped.
Old 06-16-2009   #56
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LMAO!!!! That was awesome.
Old 06-16-2009   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I noticed Arrow lurking around. He went and posted the video over on gotits.com, taking full credit I'm sure!
Old 06-16-2009   #58
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I noticed Arrow lurking around. He went and posted the video over on gotits.com, taking full credit I'm sure!
I'm conVinced that anything I think up has been done and put on the Youtube , which is convienent .
Old 06-16-2009   #59
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Bill is the winner !

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/show...710#post497710
Old 06-16-2009   #60
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Its better I take the credit on my board. I have no issues giving one of you the credit but the title wave of backlash is inevitable. You should really look at more of my Young posts to understand the responses ....

Would Earl 34 like credit?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read