Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-16-2009   #21
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Lady Texan on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
This is one of the things that I'm sure will come to us, but if you were to ask me now I'd probably say that I have no patience for bratty/whiney/wound-up children. Of course, that is only based on me going out to the grocery store or mall and seeing kids absolutely screaming bloody murder, and their folks just ignoring them like nothing is happening. It's easy for me to look and think, "Better give that kid something to cry about!", but it's not my own. I'll really try to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy the ride.
My wife and I were pretty much the same, and still get irritated by the screaming kids. Now, though, we are more observant as to why the kid is that way. Instead of focusing on the kid, we see how the parent is reacting to the situation. There are many hyperactive kids out there, but quite a bit just seems to scream bad parenting.

And while I knew that for a while I would have to get up throughout the night, actually going through it is something totally different. That's where I learned quite a bit of the patience I have now. Waking up ever 45-90 minutes every single night for a month or two can drive you insane. Especially when the mrs. works nights.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
So that the wifey or baby momma (not sure), just make sure that when you have any time away from the baby (like when she is sleeping) that you don't automatically go to the computer or Madden. Your wife will totally hate that. You really have to make sure you aren't doing all the Texans stuff while wifey is doing stuff for the baby. Don't tick off mommy and all will be good. Trust me.
Now this is a wise man.
Listen to him.
If I could make that one sentence flash and alarms sound I would.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #23
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Now this is a wise man.
Listen to him.
If I could make that one sentence flash and alarms sound I would.
Got it! Although I'm not going to lie, it'll be hard for me not to get on the computer and see what's going on around training camp. I mean....this is going to be our best season ever!

Is Antonio Smith getting in the backfield? How's the RB situation looking? Is Duane Brown improving his pass protection? Is Glover Quinn still picking off passes in camp....speaking of which what is Molden doing? Ahhh!

Luckily I'll be pre-occupied (to put it lightly), but temptation will be in full effect.

Last edited by BSofA04; 06-16-2009 at 01:29 PM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #24
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

At 12:22 AM I became a proud father of an 8 lb. 8 oz. healthy baby girl. Wohoo! Crazy how much you can love someone the minute you see them. Pics to come!
Old 07-11-2009   #25
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Yahoo!! Congratulations!!
Old 07-13-2009   #26
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Proud new Daddy

Baby Alexandria (Ali)

Me trying to cut her long fingernails

Yes, that is exactly what it looks like...Hooters wings for the new parents!
Old 07-13-2009   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey fellow dad!

Ask a mod to split the thread into a new one. People here love kids but yours obviously got overlooked. Probably because they all think it's still on its way!

Once again... YAHOO!! Ali looks G-R-E-A-T!!
Old 07-13-2009   #28
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Hey fellow dad!

Ask a mod to split the thread into a new one. People here love kids but yours obviously got overlooked. Probably because they all think it's still on its way!

Once again... YAHOO!! Ali looks G-R-E-A-T!!
Thanks Nitro! She's a handful but I'm enjoying the whole experience.

I'll PM a mod about the thread.
Old 07-13-2009   #29
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Lady Texan on the way - Born 7/11 (and congrats from TexansTalk)

congrats!
Old 07-13-2009   #30
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Lady Texan on the way - Born 7/11 (and congrats from TexansTalk)

Congratulations!
Old 07-13-2009   #31
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations to you and your new family. She's a beauty.
Old 07-13-2009   #32
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: New Lady Texan on the way - Born 7/11 (and congrats from TexansTalk)

I missed this thread earlier Congratulations, you have a beautiful little girl. I have a 12 year old daughter & a 7 year old son... SheTexan is right; you'll get all kinds of advice... do this, don't do that etc. Just do what you think is right. I didn't know anything about kids either, but they're turning out all right Just wait until she starts phoning you at work

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read