Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-03-2009   #61
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something is telling me...stadium won't be sold out this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Yeah, we got the same email. Guess the waiting list folks that have been there for years have also bailed on it.. Everyone has to choose what it right for their families during these times.Football for some is a great escape from the reality of whats going on in the economy, for others, it is just a game and that the expense of it is not worth it... Understand both sides of the coin there.. But honestly, how often are the seats really sold out... Paid tickets and actual butts in seats are not the same.. So the Texans saying they have sold out every game is not incorrect, but I would bet my life that it is no where near correct as in the stadium being full all those games...
You are correct but its not just the Texans, very few "sold out" games in any sport mean that every seat is actually occupied.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #62
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Just got this email from the Texans. Is this a sign?

Attention Texans Fan,
We've identified some seats that are currently available in your section! Do you have enough in 2009? Is there anyone you know that would want to experience all the hard hitting action at a Texans game with you? Now is the time. And remember, special food and beverage incentives exist for those season ticket holders who refer someone who purchases season tickets for 2009.

For more information or to reserve your tickets today call me at ...
I do believe the Texans have sent me a letter and a little card every year asking me if I wanted additional tickets. I think the stadium will be full again if the Texans are winning....if they start off slow again then I think it will be hard to fill. It is only June and I think we need to wait until training camp and the preseason starts before we start to speculate. I don't care if no one shows up...I'LL BE THERE!
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #63
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Yeah, we got the same email. Guess the waiting list folks that have been there for years have also bailed on it.. Everyone has to choose what it right for their families during these times.Football for some is a great escape from the reality of whats going on in the economy, for others, it is just a game and that the expense of it is not worth it... Understand both sides of the coin there.. But honestly, how often are the seats really sold out... Paid tickets and actual butts in seats are not the same.. So the Texans saying they have sold out every game is not incorrect, but I would bet my life that it is no where near correct as in the stadium being full all those games...
Yeah...I agree. I don't think I have ever seen that stadium 100% full except for the very 1st game. I just wonder if we are going to see our first blackout. It won't matter to me as i will be there...but it would suck for others.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #64
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Blackouts are bad for business and cast a negative image. I honestly doubt that the Texans' marketing department lets that happen. Plus, the franchise likes to brag about 56 consecutive sell-outs, and that streak would be broken with a blackout.
Old 06-04-2009   #65
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"Win and they will come"
Old 06-04-2009   #66
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"Win early in the season, and they will come"
fixed
Old 06-05-2009   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Jungle Bob and I just bought one of the two game packages (Colts & Raiders), so yeah!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read